Sign in to follow this  
Messenger

[Suggestion] Option to hide the tail and ears of Lyns

bug   

I don't think this one is possible. That's like asking to hide ears or noses on any other race. They're(Lyn) an animal humanoid race, have to deal with the tails and ears.

Teisho   

The devs will say no this because:

a) It would be a waste of time to implement

b ) It would be an insult to Hyung-tae Kim's art.

c) Very few people even care about this type of thing, which is part of what makes it a waste of time

Edited by Teisho

bug   

Not a pedo, plays male Lyn, *cricket*ing hates the ears and tail. Since the only class I want to play (summoner) is locked to Lyn, and I pretty much hate everything about the race, I would definitely like at least the option to hide the ears and tail on my end. I couldn't care less about what other people see, but I don't want to look at it. There was a mod that did it for the CN version, but I believe the creator won't be updating it for the NA version. 

Such is life eh. I wish the male Yun voice options weren't limited to "naive 6 year old" and "75 year old Yakuza boss"

Lyn without the tail, or ears, wouldn't be Lyn. It's like asking for the option to disable the feminine features on a Yun, since you don't want to play as a female, and they are a female only race.

Such is life eh. I wish the male Yun voice options weren't limited to "naive 6 year old" and "75 year old Yakuza boss"

Er, what? There are no male Yun, it's a female only race. I'm guessing you meant Gon.

i think it'd be better rephrased as "wouldn't it be nice if none of the classes were race-specific?" and with that one, i would agree. i don't mind the lyn race (i play summoner), but i would prefer to have a human character. my imagination revolves around building a character that i think looks cool. lyn may be a unique idea, but it is just not for everyone. XD

bug   

Lyn without the tail, or ears, wouldn't be Lyn. It's like asking for the option to disable the feminine features on a Yun, since you don't want to play as a female, and they are a female only race.

Er, what? There are no male Yun, it's a female only race. I'm guessing you meant Gon.

OOPS! I meant Lyn!

The Lyn males voice options *cricket* me off!

Teisho   

no arguments so a cheap insulting ? that so cheap 

Don't waste your time on low quality bait.

Little J   

Why would anyone want to disable the main definitive feature for the Lyn? Doesn't really make much sense.

Plus they would still have the hind legs and feet of a dog/fox mammal and that would just make them look weird.

Familiar   

Why would anyone want to disable the main definitive feature for the Lyn? Doesn't really make much sense.

Because they don't want to be Lyn in the first place? Since they HAVE to be a Lyn to play the class they want to play, and would like a little more control over how their character looks. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Little J   

No, it only makes little sense, at least to me. No one is "forcing" anyone to play a Lyn if they don't like the way they're designed in the first place, and the excuse being made that players are being "forced" to pick them because of those two exclusive classes doesn't hold much water for me since the game has two alternative classes to choose from.

• Want to be a Blade Dancer but don't like Lyn? Then play a Blade Master Jin/Yun
  • Want to play a Summoner but don't like Lyn? Then play a Warlock Jin (when it comes out.)

(And no, I'm not trying to argue that each of these classes look/play/feel the same, but simply serve as another option for all those "I like this class, but I don't like the race associated with it" crowd that believes every race should have access to every class even though some class combinations would be impossible to include.)

Again, the only thing that removing their ears and tails would do is ruin the Lyn's overall design, since again, unless the Lyn gets a complete design overhaul, they would still have their animal legs/feet which would make them look incredibly weird and out of place.

But hey, If some people are into weird, unbalanced designs like that, then fine. Just understand that Team Bloodlust would never include such a feature that diminishes their creations, and those that will just mod their clients to remove ears and tails from Lyn will only be client side, so no one will have to see them except the modder.

Edited by Little J

Shorsh   

Remove this post. Don't get yourself banned for no reason.

If that is the case then NCSoft needs to stop frequenting the Dojo as it is easily available there.

How can they support a site and advertise it as the place to go (before they had official forums) if said site has things that are supposedly against their TOS?

I will leave it, if the NCSoft moderators do not approve of it they can remove it. 

As of right now, I do not know if it IS even against their TOS since they seem to be okay with it.

I appreciate your concern and thank you for it.

However I would like an official response on this.

EDIT: Corrected incorrect NCSoft spelling 

Edited by Shorsh

Fael   

Great idea!

I also want an option to make Gons appear shorter (I don't like them, too tall and muscular), to make Jun's faces appear differently (they look to much doll-ish for me) and to add ears and tails to Jins (because it's fun).

Because why would I care about original art and lore, or why would I use a race that I like, instead of being offended and asking for censorship for nothing?

Edited by Fael

Kokio   

But.. that's the whole thing about Lyns.

THEY'RE FURRY ANIMALS. That's the race.

lynscumyunmasterrace

Edited by Kokio

Sinnaru   

Wouldn't it be nice if we had the option to show or hide the tail and ears of Lyns?

No offense buddy, but I think you should play other races instead of Lyn, you can't just remove ears and tails since it's their trait, the way they are and look.

Pent   

No offense buddy, but I think you should play other races instead of Lyn, you can't just remove ears and tails since it's their trait, the way they are and look.

I'm gonna have to agree with this. if you don't like the look of the race....then don't play it. There are other choices available so take advantage of it.  The kemono features of the lyn are one of the main draws of the race.

APSingh   

NO,stirct NO,..........................whats the point?, why hide the ears and tails? for fun? o.O?

Edited by APSingh

Familiar   

If they're not going to remove the race lock, then giving people who DO want to be a specific class (not a class that's kinda sorta like their class, what a stupid suggestion) but DON'T want to be a certain race, more options when it comes to the way their character looks, is a good thing. Just because you might like the hideous ears and tails doesn't mean everyone who might want to play a Summoner or a Blade Dancer does. I fail to see how NC giving the option to hide the things would inconvenience anyone at all.

As I said before, even if it was just a client side thing like that one mod was before, that would be fine with me. I think they're hideous and I don't want to look at them on my Summoner if I don't have to. If they would release their own Lyn ear and tail remover mod, that would be great.

Sign in to follow this