EhrynAlmighty

Collective "What we want!" BnS post

Ishtar   

The game hasn't been release yet. (brick) (bowling)

Lets discuss about exclusive outfit instead. Lookie here, the russian exclusive are looking great (adore)  

I feel like EU gets NA leftover. I really hate those cowboys outfit. Why cant we have our own EU exclusive outfit? (cry a river)

gallery_4026_221_417296.jpg

Teisho   

Lets discuss about exclusive outfit instead. Lookie here, the russian exclusive are looking great (adore)  

I feel like EU gets NA leftover. I really hate those cowboys outfit. Why cant we have our own EU exclusive outfit? (cry a river)

~snip~

Do want....

Elijah   

They're salty cause they think added features mean their life will change lol.

"I don't want it so no one should have it."

Lool exactly. I think the want for less salty people should go on the list too lol! 

AttacKat   

They're salty cause they think added features mean their life will change lol.

Have you consider the possibility that these players do not want these useless changes because they might have been playing in other regions for months/years already? This game is played by millions of people across the globe. Many players wants *that* game, not a new game.

A thread with a list of ideas/suggestions are nice. But you do have to respect other people's opinions (it's a game for everyone!). I think it's a nice set of ideas, and each idea has their pros and cons. I think in the end of the day, the developers will place game content that will extend its gameplay time for a large group of players. New classes likely seems like the easiest to do, since who doesn't like new classes? Not to mention new classes would entice those players who left to take a break after literally trying everything they needed to try for every class (later down the road).

Clan/Guild stuff is a whole different thing. I really do want to see a collective goal as a guild that requires a lot of effort to make, so it's somewhat of a task that you can be proud of as a clan. Maybe just have a few very isolated areas where clans can establish their homes with whatever they want, so only the most loyal and active players can truly own a clan. Clearly if we allowed every single clan to have their own dojo/home/base, it'd just be underwhelming and a whole waste of space/time/resources. But if there's something significant like owning a large base of your own that you can craft to show you're one of the few supreme superpowers in the game (as a clan/guild), it'd be pretty epic. Could lead to some nice in-game politics, and a lot of events based off of such locations.

Imagine having like 4-6 giant superpower clans, and every few months they fight based on different variables. Maybe crafting/gathering that earns points to the clan's economic/cultural points, PvP prowess that is accrued from PvP related things (OWPvP and Arena, and more if they allow more), PvE dominance such as whichever clan gets from doing quests and instances as well as field bosses that gives them a certain amount of points. The most efficient, smart, and dedicated clans would rule these said locations (bases) off in some lore-friendly floating isles (like the tutorial area we start on), and essentially live like some folklore-based faction like the Hongmoon academy.

They could go on and on with the clan base idea, and convert it into an element that will keep people being active, and reward them for being active. They could easily recycle one of the interiors of some building and expand it into a few stories, make some oriental castle or dojo. This one building might exist as a single building in the open world, but depending on a few options, can be an interior for an infinite number of different housing (think Black Desert Online). The possibilities could go on and on and they can make it serve as some private location for marriages, ceremonies, in-house tournaments, sparring rooms, parties, etc.

----

In the end, people will want a lot of different things, and people will have many great ideas. I think it's just a matter of whether the developers will want to spend any resources on it unless they earn a lot out of such implementations. Cold hard truth in my opinion, they will likely follow whatever earns them quick and easy money like any company. Meaning, a lot of content updates focused on the Hongmoon shop (the cash shop), with updates adding new classes or PvE content to get people to continue playing.

TL:DR - People will want many things, some will not like such ideas. Many potential ideas that can be implemented if they put their mind to it. But they will likely go with the easier/cheaper idea that nets them the most profit (less cost, get just as much purchases). They will likely bring out updates from other regions slowly and get us to pay for stuff that already have been made. Why else would they be giving us new classes like Qi Master and Warlock much later down the line?

SoIaris   

I kinda got the feeling that the game you are looking for is world of warcraft.

I like BnS the way it is because it offers something different. Of course people can make suggestions but in my opinion making it more mainstream is the wrong path to take.

You also have to consider the BnS universe, what fits in this world/universe and what doesn't fit.

Adding aliens for example wouldn't fit, even if some people think they are awesome.

Edited by SoIaris

Terrified to ask what games you guys came from before BnS lol

I came from games that have some of the features you ask for. If those features were that important, I'd have stuck with those games.

Obviously spending time and resources on those features took away from the features I do care about and I got bored of said games.

You can always go play those games.

I kinda got the feeling that the game you are looking for is world of warcraft.

I like BnS the way it is because it offers something different. Of course people can make suggestions but in my opinion making it more mainstream is the wrong path to take.

You also have to consider the BnS universe, what fits in this world/universe and what doesn't fit.

Adding aliens for example wouldn't fit, even if some people think they are awesome.

You say Universe like BnS is some in depth ancient game that has claim to heritage. I guess no one gets married in mythological chinese fighting games, or have houses, or schools lol.

Kounat   

gallery_4026_221_417296.jpg

I like these outfits.

As for the why doesn't EU get an exclusive outfit, I think it's because NA is the primary location/objective for BNS West (as bad as that sounds), added to the fact that they seemed to have been stereotypical in the creation of the NA outfit and to do that for EU, they'd have to pick one solid area (One EU country) and pick some stereotypical design based off them and since the two main EU regions are Germany and France and either probably wouldn't be crazy about the other's influenced outfit... I think they said just screw it and handed out the NA outfit to all regions.

This idea is kinda supported by the fact that the server launch had the most support for NA first, and then a few weeks down the line they added in other servers for EU as well as language support for German and French. I smell a trend of EU getting the short end of the stick as far as BNS goes, and the only thing that's to blame is that you're being run primarily by a team in NA with some EU workers (Nico, Youmukon, etc) and not an EU specific team. This is kinda why the Russians should be happy, though the company they're getting doesn't have the best reputation, they're still getting a Russian dedicated server which is awesome for them.

Vspen   

A Marriage & Wedding system wouldn't be that bad.  I don't see any problems with it.

Just wait till players start marrying outside each others clan. Will have Crimson marring Cerulean and bringing them back to their base. it will be glorious. :P

Yuuki   

A Marriage & Wedding system wouldn't be that bad.  I don't see any problems with it.

Just wait till players start marrying outside each others clan. Will have Crimson marring Cerulean and bringing them back to their base. it will be glorious. :P

And then we'll have a Romeo & Juliet scenario...(*≧▽≦)ノ Glorious indeed~

SoIaris   

You say Universe like BnS is some in depth ancient game that has claim to heritage. I guess no one gets married in mythological chinese fighting games, or have houses, or schools lol.

Yes I say "Universe".

Like the Diablo universe, or Final Fantasy Universe, or Eve online universe. 

I am saying think about what fits into the Blade and Soul Universe. This is what the developers of BnS is doing when they add content, what fits into the Universe. As far as I know the developers of BnS doesn't want the "trinity" dps tank healer, because it changes the dynamics of all fights so that the tank takes more or less all damage and healers just heals the tank. In BnS everyone is responsible for keeping themselves alive.

Clan Dojo!

Player owned Housing (PoH)

I think these two could add a fun element to the game, mostly for the ability to fight in your dojo/home instead of loading a pvp arena.

Marriage & Weddings!

Honestly I've only seen this cause issues/trolling in games it's been available in.  While I know some would greatly enjoy this feature especially if they included the ability to buy a joint house with the spouse.  Not something I would personally enjoy but to each their own.

More Classes!

I would absolutely love more classes!  Two classes that I rarely ever see in games (or done well) are bard and war fan.  Archer would be fun as well, but hands down would love bard class the most!

Faction Revamp

Not much of an open world PvPer so can't really give my input on this one.

Faction Leaders via election!

Hmm not sure how I feel about this one.  Having one person be a leader for each faction over the entire server seems like it would be a bit hard to narrow down.  And I hope that it wouldn't give them some type of power or ability over other players in that faction.  All boils down to what would really be the benefit of holding an election for faction leaders.  If they don't do anything with the title aside from win the election and get a fancy title it seems like a waste of resources, again just my opinion though.

Yes I say "Universe".

Like the Diablo universe, or Final Fantasy Universe, or Eve online universe. 

I am saying think about what fits into the Blade and Soul Universe. This is what the developers of BnS is doing when they add content, what fits into the Universe. As far as I know the developers of BnS doesn't want the "trinity" dps tank healer, because it changes the dynamics of all fights so that the tank takes more or less all damage and healers just heals the tank. In BnS everyone is responsible for keeping themselves alive.

You say it like they've done it first. There's other games out exactly like this lol. And there's a typical trinity for a reason. It provides difficulty and forces social activity inside the game. You have several classes which more or less all just do the same damn thing in a fight so there's no diversity. No challenge. This shit is easy mode because of the lack of classes.

And then we'll have a Romeo & Juliet scenario...(*≧▽≦)ノ Glorious indeed~

I'll be juliet. :3

Zackary   

You say it like they've done it first. There's other games out exactly like this lol. And there's a typical trinity for a reason. It provides difficulty and forces social activity inside the game. You have several classes which more or less all just do the same damn thing in a fight so there's no diversity. No challenge. This shit is easy mode because of the lack of classes.

I'll be juliet. :3

nisekoi anime!!

But I digress, this post has done nothing but prove that B&S couldn't hurt from a little more in game content. It also proves that no matter what mmorpg you play the forums are going to be full of the same type of salty people lol

But I digress, this post has done nothing but prove that B&S couldn't hurt from a little more in game content. It also proves that no matter what mmorpg you play the forums are going to be full of the same type of salty people lol

Yes, yes, your posts are very salty. It's delicious.

Salt is delicious! Stop hating on salt, you salty!

Meese   

I think the problem with these suggestions is that some of you are suggesting things to alter the game in a rather large way. Yes, marriage, clan overhaul or additions, faction overhaul etc all change the game in a large way. I come from a game that has most of those features and while I do like them and I could see some taking place in this game you have to remember 1 important thing: NCSoft NA has absolutely 0 say in the core gameplay features that will be added. This game has been around for a while and Im more than sure that people from other regions that have been playing this game longer than most of us have suggested these things already and they still have not been implemented. If the devs wanted these common features (for any game) to be ingame, they wouldve been added by now since it's launch in 2012.

Btw just because someone doesnt like your suggestions doesnt mean that theyre salty. It means they dont like your suggestion. Kind of like how you dont like what theyre saying and immediately jump to calling them all salty. I guess me posting this makes me super salty too huh  :(

Edited by Meese

Ishtar   

I think the problem with these suggestions is that some of you are suggesting things to alter the game in a rather large way. Yes, marriage, clan overhaul or additions, faction overhaul etc all change the game in a large way. I come from a game that has most of those features and while I do like them and I could see some taking place in this game you have to remember 1 important thing: NCSoft NA has absolutely 0 say in the core gameplay features that will be added. This game has been around for a while and Im more than sure that people from other regions that have been playing this game longer than most of us have suggested these things already and they still have not been implemented. If the devs wanted these common features (for any game) to be ingame, they wouldve been added by now since it's launch in 2012.

Btw just because someone doesnt like your suggestions doesnt mean that theyre salty. It means they dont like your suggestion. Kind of like how you dont like what theyre saying and immediately jump to calling them all salty. I guess me posting this makes me super salty too huh  :(

Well put!

Little J   

Pretty much what Meese said.

As much as I would like to see Clan Dojos and Player housing, I can completely understand why people would be against them. Still, as I mentioned, Guild dojos have been considered but no word of its development has been noted recently, as I pointed out in my initial response to this topic

Although I will also be the first person to defend anyone that's against in-game marriage systems for B&S, because as I said, our community is just batshit crazy and a feature like that would just lead to drama and madness, almost guaranteed.

Edited by Little J

Suki   

i disagree with everything u've requested. the game is great how it is - the only thing we need is an upgrade to DX10 ! 

Great is highly subjective.

The only actual big changes would be Faction changes. Which honestly during CBT all i was seeing was lvl 45s killing low levels. If that's your idea of a good time i got bad news lmao.

Kounat   

Great is highly subjective.

The only actual big changes would be Faction changes. Which honestly during CBT all i was seeing was lvl 45s killing low levels. If that's your idea of a good time i got bad news lmao.

"Great" and "good" are adjectives, they have no meaning on their own, people have different definitions of the word so what everyone finds fun, you might not find fun and since everyone here seems to think BNS is great, and you apparently witnessed so many 45s having a "good time" killing low levels, then maybe BNS isn't right for you?

Wanting an addition to the game or a system to be improved upon is a simple request, but adding in this many additional things/changing this much? Kinda sounds like you're trying to create an entirely new game LOL