Zackary

Why isnt there an archer class...?

Fael   

You started 8 topics today O_O

Why don't you put all your questions in a same thread ? Not criticizing, just asking, but you have some space left in your OP after all...

Kounat   

This has been brought up so many times... the game would be perfect if that was added, it really feels like the only thing missing in the class line-up but it seems the fanbase has more interest in some dumb gunner class than they do in an archer. I also heard something about the creator not liking ranged classes for the most part so it's unlikely that we'll get an Archer, but because of the demand, if we get anymore ranged classes it'll probably be a Gunslinger of sorts, unfortunately.

Veritas   

From what i know this game is based on Martial arts and the like, Archery is not a martial art.... but then again neither are warlocks although warlock kinda fit into the lore better than an archer would. Funny though because in a couple of cutscenes we see arrows being shot, never once seen an actual archer lmao. Idk.

Kounat   

From what i know this game is based on Martial arts and the like, Archery is not a martial art.... but then again neither are warlocks although warlock kinda fit into the lore better than an archer would. Funny though because in a couple of cutscenes we see arrows being shot, never once seen an actual archer lmao. Idk.

Actually, there have been instances of Archers in Wuxia, same as many instances of magic, fantasy, and supernatural. There are many archer NPCs and enemies in the game, what are you talking about? o.o

Why don't you guys contribute to the topic at hand instead of complain about how many posts he makes, seriously quit being so dramatic.

As for the topic, i'd LOVE an archer class. As for archer not following martial arts, that's totally bogus. Historically archers in wartime came in two variants, long bows to pepper people from a distance, or small short bows for quick maneuverability and able to puncture armor up close.

Think about "rangers" or "hunter" classes in other games. They ALL come with some sort of melee abilities as well. So honestly, an Archer based class would fit the Martial Arts bill more than summoners warlocks focus masters and destroyers.

They probably could make a class that can handle themselves in this world with said class. I'm thinking more along the lines of Archer from FSN anime series though lol. Essentially still wielding some melee/close-combat weaponry, and having another style that lets them shoot from afar.

Moist   

Samurais used to use bows and swords dude 

B^)

Meese   

I would love an Archer or Gunslinger class. The class could be full DPS, or DPS/CC. Setting up traps to snare, bombs etc. I dont really see the argument that these kind of classes wouldnt fit into the martial arts theme when you have FMs, Warlocks and Summoners running around. I think that a long/mid range-squishy class would be just the perfect fit in the game

deadmesa   

because martial arts bro.

Samurais used to use bows and swords dude 

B^)

not as the main weapon or discipline tho  :ph34r:

I never saw the appeal of bows or guns. Feels too normal for this MMO.

If we get any new weapon type, I would welcome just about anything else.

Fans, musical instruments, whips, or even the simple club.

I just can't see a martial arts school teaching you how to entirely fight with bows or guns.

They are already introducing a mixed ranged/melee class, combines KFM and FM. Looks pretty nasty too from vids i have seen. Don't matter to me i just want the dang Warlock already. Hopefully the level 50 patch hits soon after release.

Suki   

i'd rather not have either archer or gunner. it's difficult to design a class for bns anyways but such a class is almost impossible to balance out. they would most likely be OP AS HELL!

Ishtar   

What part of "the game hasn't been release yet" does people not understand? 

You should be glad we have 7 class available on release. Some other region have less class upon release and even less content.

We are behind 2 class upon release, i doubt we get both by the end of 2016. Your suggestion would fit on a tread in the year of 2017-2018.

Zackary   

You should be glad we have 7 class available on release. Some other region have less class upon release and even less content.

We are behind 2 class upon release, i doubt we get both by the end of 2016. Your suggestion would fit on a tread in the year of 2017-2018.

umm...not 2017. 

Yuuki   

I think a Ranger and/or a Gunner would be a nice addition to bns ~ As long as it's balanced ^^

Edited by Yuuki

Ishtar   

My point is suggest again in 2017. Not that it would matter, our suggestion means nothing :x ;Take a look at the localization for example. 

It took ncsoft 1 year to develop a new class, you see, there wont be any new class until 2017

Edited by 空の軌跡

Kounat   

Other servers didn't have these 7 classes on release because the classes were generally new, the game hadn't been as established as it is now, and there wasn't nearly as much overall content as there is now. Warlock is a fairly new class and Qi Master is brand new so not having these classes isn't completely shocking, but we'll definitely have both by the end of 2016 as the NCWest team has already said we'd be caught up to Korea within the year. People can freely make suggestions, it has nothing to do with time, all it has to do with is the simple fact that the Korean devs need to actually decide to go forward with the ideas - which is unlikely unless we have MASSIVE support for ideas and other regions have similar interests in the ideas. Let's face it, the Korean devs wont put anything ingame that only one region would like/is interested in other than maybe cosmetics and outfits.

Moist   

because martial arts bro.

not as the main weapon or discipline tho  :ph34r:

actually they held archery as a high discipline of overall self control and inner peace

plus samurai jack held a bow once so that's reason enough

Yamyatos   

Because... you know.. shotting arrows is not especially martial arts...

I kinda dislike that we have ranged classes at all, even tho that i find them cool.

Ren36   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGnxeSbb3g

This will end this debate. A Bow & Arrow would fit exceptionally within the idea of a martial arts style that Blade & Soul have. And if that's your argument anyway, most the classes do not fit at all then.

So 10 chi equals 10 arrows in one hand.

And melee-stance would holding 8 arrows in between your knuckles, while fighting like a KFM.

Similar to this:

brass-knuckles-spikes-sticker-22.jpg

Not bad, but such a class already exists in Korea. It´s called the Qi Master:

*may contain spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpL4rtbGZu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ8R4LD7ONE

Since the DEVs in Korea already stated that they dislike ranged classes they probably sought a compromise and that´s how the Qi Master came to be.

So that it´s unlikely that we´ll get gunners, especially after the FM & Qi Master. The next class will probably be a melee type, no hybrid. My guess would be a dual-wielding class, like the hook swords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XAkHan1G0