Sign in to follow this  
Sylla

Playeable classes with high ping.

Sylla   

My ping is around 170-220... what classes are playable around those values??

I expected having much less (140-170) ;(

Vogue   

Blade dancer, destroyer, summoner.

Good luck with Destroyer with high ping  :lol:

I would say: Force Master and Summoner, dunno maybe Blade Dancer majority players seem to faceroll with that class anyway.

Gratus   

Good luck with Destroyer with high ping  :lol:

I would say: Force Master and Summoner, dunno maybe Blade Dancer majority players seem to faceroll with that class anyway.

I imagine trying to work with counters and blocks in the beginning with high ping on an FM would prove to be a humbling experience. :'D On another note, longer/adjusted combos would probably be somewhat difficult to pull off.

questir   

It depends if you're gonna play PvE or PvP cause for example FM is great with high ping in PvE but it's one of the worst ones for PvP

Yamyatos   

Destroyer > LBM > Rest

What you shouldnt play with high ping:

Sin == KFM

The rest is a grey zone. You can potentially play every class with high ping, but you will run into trouble in pvp and might lose dps, or die often because of it in pve.

You will have at least slight problems with every class, depending on how high your ping is, i guess noone does expect the opposite tho.

Edited by Yamyatos

Assassin   

Basically every class thats not assassin or kungfu master is playable in decent mmr in 1v1's in arena.

For pve?

any class is playable but you'll sometimes get hit by skill shots and *cricket* your allies off in higher tier dungeons where you basically get one shotted for messing up once.

Destroyer > LBM > Rest

What you shouldnt play with high ping:

Sin == KFM

The rest is a grey zone. You can potentially play every class with high ping, but you will run into trouble in pvp and might lose dps, or die often because of it in pve.

You will have at least slight problems with every class, depending on how high your ping is, i guess noone does expect the opposite tho.

I so agree on this ....Killing Naksun with my high ping was really a nightmare (pun intended)...as my evasion/block would work with a fraction of delay...sometimes making it useless. Had to basically almost predict when I was going to need it ...so I started earlier ...lol.

I hope at launch will be better or it will be a real PITA to play KFM.

P.S. Even setting "Optimize for combat" is useless as it's not a fps issue (I tried that ...but changed nothing)

Edited by Shinonome

Sylla   

Ive been using destro... the only problem so far is the anicancel.

But heck, so bad i cant play this game well because of ping. Cant they make like a server extension*  to reach more areas? Because i dont feel this game is worth playing with ping, too punishing.

pd: trying summoner right now. Is not funny for me :(

Edited by Sylla

With high ping, don't consider pvp classes. Low ping is why there are many great Korean gamers. They play and train in a low ping environment so their reaction is trained in a better setting resulting in better competitive performances.

With high ping, you can only play casual and enjoy some pve.

Edited by CrystalMilk

Shirou   

If you cap over 250ms no class will do you good, either relocate or enjoy crappy gameplay.

U wot m8? I actually enjoyed playing with 300 ms in my first time ever on an official bns, and I can say I was very stubborn to try the higher 50 dungeons and did a great job....evading and helping rather than dpsing.

Sign in to follow this