Sign in to follow this  
Rakler

Stuttering / Low FPS despite meeting Recommended Specs

Rakler   

Greetings all!

I've been trying to play Blade & Soul though, I can't seem to get above 25 fps, even when on 25 fps I still experience stuttering.

I've tried putting all the settings on low, no difference in fps. I've checked the ingame frame limiters, they're ok, I*ve set it to 120.

I've checked on the Nvidia Control Panel to make sure that game makes proper use of my dedicated GPU, and not integrated Intel Graphics.

My specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i/-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50Ghz

8 GB DDR3 RAM

120 GB SSD & 1TB HDD (B&S is installed on the HDD, OS on SSD, don't know if this makes a difference?)

GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M 1GB & Intel HD Graphics 4600

Thanks in advance :)

Kyozo   

hello i have fps stuttering problem too , i have like constant 40-50 fps , (constant 50 with optimized for combat) , and then when i move sometimes or fight , i get little freezes all the time , and since the combat system is fast paced , i miss most of my skills , it happens more with people around (i tried CTRL + F but it's like it doesn't do anything at all)

Seiren   

I have the same exact problems! As a matter of fact, the game is unstable all the time! The only time it's stable at all is when I'm standing around doing nothing. Otherwise, it's so laggy that it makes me want to quit playing. Not to mention the constant skill delay, the exterior cells loading a couple of seconds after I look at it (and grass loads only when I'm very close to it). Also, npcs take about 5-10 seconds to load, even at close range. I also tried turning all the graphical settings off, but to no avail (although it's not like B&S has ever had HD graphics). And yes, hiding other players doesn't seem to help with the lag at all. Honestly, I got much more optimal ping in the Chinese version, which is, quite honestly, ridiculous. Hopefully, the final product will iron out all of these issues.

Edited by Seiren

Spoonie   

Yeah I reached out to support, but apart from telling me to turn off all services and startup applications (which didn't work) they just said it was beta and there wasn't much they could do.My problem is that I've seen a lot of people with the issue, and on multiple versions of the game, so It makes me really apprehensive about supporting the game.

Zena   

The game doesnt like new cpu's. My 6600k I7 and gtx 980ti play new and old games with high fps while looking beautiful. But blade and soul barely works if i have teamspeak or anything else running at the same time. The slowdown skill lag stuff that was mentioned happens. its not my isp or def not my pc. something with BnS not working with new cpu's.  BnS maxes out thread 5of 8 on the skylake I7 and doesnt use much of the rest of my system. They know about this issue but cant fix the entire game. The majority of free to play players dont have new high end systems so its not where the money comes from. Also I tried BnS on my 5-6 year old system and had no combat lag slowdown issues or trouble running multiple programs just a bit slower on the fps because of old video card.

Twinkle   

Always the same, sometime i'm wondering if you just tried to read the title of each topic of the forum... xD

The game doesnt like new cpu's. 

Indeed.

BnS don't know how to use more than 4 cores. He also don't care about all your GTX 15468798878 TI TI TI TI. (Sorry i'm a bit done to repeat the same thing everywhere). A GTX 750 is already overkill for BnS.

Maybe try to set the affinity of your cores to 0, 1, 2,3 or turn off hyper threading.

In game you can uncheck "physics effects", it save a lot of FPS around others players. And use CTRL+F when you need...

Oh, and it was a Beta Client wait the release to see. However don't wait something from NCsoft, the game is up since 2012 in Korea, nothing will change. The problem come from the engine of BnS who is CPU Based.

Hope it will help you. ~

EDIT : Oh, i forgot, if your screen is a 60 Hz, set the limit of FPS to 60 and not 120 for exemple, it will save ressources for you CPU as well, and even God know that BnS love the CPU.

PS : Sorry for my english. ~

Edited by Twinkle

Yuuki   

I had the same exact problem. Tell me if this helps:

• Go to your NVIDIA Graphics Panel, go to manage 3D settings and click the Program Settings tab.
  • Find your client.exe for bns, then change from "Use Global Settings" to "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor"
  • Turn Shader Cache off
  • Also go to Power Options on your computer and make sure it's on High Performance.

After I did all that my fps went from 20 (and lower) to 45-60. The lowest I've seen it go now is 30. I hope this helps :P

Edit: Also go to this thread under slow gameplay.

Make sure Phys effects are off.

Edited by Yuuki

Pohwan   

Try going to Adjust Image Settings with Preview and sliding the bar all the way to use your preference emphasizing performance. Helped me a lot. Almost 60 FPS now. Still getting drops to 25-30 just by moving around and spamming skills, though. It seems since BnS is heavy on the CPU if there's any bottlenecking at all the game just makes it even worse. Hope the new client addresses or minimises the problem however unlikely.

Twinkle   

@Yuuki i agree with you for power option, phys effects but i don't understand why turn off shader cache : it's supposed to help if your disk isn't too bad.

Btw you don't need necessary to put everyhing on low quality/high performance in the nvidia panel, only things that affect your CPU. 

Edit : here my settings, i think you will be able to find what's  are these option in english by watching line by line. Sorry for the french. <3

844494nvidiasettings.png

Edited by Twinkle

Pohwan   

Btw you don't need necessary to put everyhing on low quality/high performance in the nvidia panel, only things that affect your CPU. 

I know about that, silly. It's just that there isn't really any difference for me. I don't get "lower quality" graphics from putting everything to emphasise performance at all. Plus, it's much faster than to change it one by one. Of course, everyone should feel free to experiment with whatever turns out best for them. You guys might want to give a try at some core unparking tools too by the way.

Edited by Pohwan

Yuuki   

@Yuuki i agree with you for power option, phys effects but i don't understand why turn off shader cache : it's supposed to help if your disk isn't too bad.

Edit : here my settings, i think you will be able to find what's  are these option in english by watching line by line. Sorry for the french. <3

On the thread I linked, the reason they gave to turn off shader cache was  "since the drive is the slowest part of the pc/notebook, for some games, if this option is on it may slow gameplay down." 

Moodge   

I've been reading a fair bit on this issue as it's driving me nuts. A lot of people are saying that on windows 7 they get perfect performance and on windows 8+ the performance becomes unstable. I don't even want to begin to check this myself but someone suggested installing dx9 standalone which.. when the game is live I'll test. Anyone with this unstable FPS running 7?

Apparently SWTOR had a similar issue at some point with the newer versions of windows as well.

Edited by Moodge

Sign in to follow this