Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky

Game becomes unresponsive

Cheeky   

I have no problem logging in and playing the game.. for 5 mins.

After that the game becomes unresponsive. I couldn't move, chat and attack but the mouse still works. I can still open wardrobe and try out outfits, open the inventory and stuffs. Changing equipment doesn't work too. Restarting the game works but it will end up the same after 5-10 mins so it's pointless. I'll try reinstalling the game later to see if it fixes that. 

Edited by Cheeky

Meese   

I too am having this issue. My client worked all CBTs and today when I was updating to launch my client, it said I was missing a file so I verified the client and it supposedly fixed what it needed to fix. Ever since I verified, I cant take more than a couple of steps ingame without freezing and never returning without a relaunch. Anyone else having these issues (aside from OP obviously)?

I tried repairing the files again and I am now unable to get passed the initial launch scene with the dragon.

Edited by Meese

Elliot   

This has been a concern for me the past two days of this CBT.

Considering I played through Alphas 1 and 2 and all four previous CBTs without so much as a hiccup and considering nothing in terms of my hardware or software has changed (to my knowledge) since Alpha 1, there's good reason to suspect this is due to some change between CBT 4 and CBT 5.

There's no set interval of freezing ("freezing" in this case meaning character movement and attack skills lockdown--the rest of the UI is still functioning). Sometimes I can play for hours without a freeze, sometimes I can only play for five minutes, but on every single instance where the game has stopped responding, my task manager shows the CPU resource usage at 95% and higher (which is likely why the game stops responding partially). Again, I have not changed anything about my PC since Alpha 1 and, up until now, everything has worked perfectly, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

I'm no techie and couldn't even begin to speculate why the game would suddenly jump to 90%+ CPU usage when it's always been steady around 20-40% throughout the past four CBTs regardless of what I was doing.

The only solution I have right now is to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and wait a few minutes before trying to restart the client. (This apparently gets me past the endless looping dragon screen on startup, since I haven't experienced that, yet.) Speak of the devil.

Edited by Elliot

Kyoketsu   

Thx for creating this post I suffer from the same issue some times game freezes right of the bat and sometimes it goes for hours and then freezes need to resolve  this game breaking issue 

I'm having a similar issue but it's a little different.

1. The game becomes unresponsive as well after receiving two of the same outfits and trying to open the second set. (Jiangshi)
    Similarly I am able to end game, pan and rotate my camera, try new outfits and open windows but am unable to move or attack.

2. The same thing happens after staying AFK for an hour or more logged into game. After an hour or a few of not tabbing into the game, it goes unresponsive again, only able to open windows etc as mentioned above.
    I have no issues with the game freezing however whilst I am active.

Hope this helps add to the list of bugged issues.

Cheers

Rysa   

Same here, all of sudden the game did not respond to any keyboard input and the only working option left was to esc + quit the game. Upon restarting, I was stuck at the splash screen. A file repair solved the problem, but all in all this is a critical issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

This happens to me twice earlier. Me and my friends are in the arena doing tag match, then the game became unresponsive so that I have to quit the game. And I was unable to connect the game for maybe 5 minutes. I was wondering if the server goes down or something.

I have a similar issue:

What actually happens (at least in my case) is that the game client loses contact with the server for some reason. I can use my mouse and use functions that don't require contact with the server. Once I try to use a function that requires connection (such as opening the store), nothing happens.

I'd have expected to see a "Connection lost" message (followed by a graceful shutdown), but this has apparently not been implemented yet.

When this happens, it takes a few minutes before I can connect to the server again: If I try to restart the game immediately, I get stuck at the intro screen (where the EULA is normally shown when there's a connection) because there's no server connection.

Meese wrote:

My client worked all CBTs and today when I was updating to launch my client, it said I was missing a file so I verified the client

Just FYI: This is not related to the problem that the OP was mentioning.

Elliot:

my task manager shows the CPU resource usage at 95% and higher (which is likely why the game stops responding).

The OP didn't mention anything about CPU usage going amok, so I don't think this is related to the issues that the OP was talking about.

The problem is related to server disconnections.

Elliot   

Ah, then mine would differ slightly from the OP's. I'll have to keep a ping or something going the next time I play and check if my connection is actually shitting out or if my client is just--on its own and for some mysterious reason--not talking with the server.

Ah, then mine would differ slightly from the OP's. I'll have to keep a ping or something going the next time I play and check if my connection is actually shitting out or if my client is just--on its own and for some mysterious reason--not talking with the server.

You can also use the Resource Monitor (via Task Manager) and monitor the network activity for the B&S client (client.exe). Look at the Send/Receive columns, as well as the TCP Connections window (it shows latency, IPs for the NCsoft servers, packet loss, etc.)

If you have two monitors, you can run B&S on your main monitor, while running the resource monitor on your second monitor, for easier in-game network checks.

BTW, there are four connections (playing from EU):

64.25.35.100 (login server?)

206.127.149.X (three different connections: game servers?)

All servers are located in Austin, Texas, NA. I think EU players will connect to servers in EU when the game is released.

EDIT: And yes, I've chosen EU in the game launcher :)

Edited by AryaDragonhunter

Elliot   

I haven't hit that unresponsive part, yet, but you're probably right with the login server as it's the only one I seem to have in common, playing on the NA servers.

I have encountered the same problem just now. I have also encountered it three times in the past CBT. Difference is, now everything keyboard-related is dead, in CBT4, whenever i pressed keys on the keyboard, the Z skill flickered like it was unsuccesfully trying to activate. I am unsure whether it helps or not, but maybe it might light up someone's head bulb.

This is critical indeed, and fixing it should be priority one.

oPsA   

I think i've got something similiar so I will post it here and not as a new topic :

https://youtu.be/4ueoHyDdiSw

It happens 2-3 times so far to me. Everything just froze. Don't know if it's a bug/game problem/pc problem/connection problem. It just happens.

p.s. If you think that it should be posted as a new topic, just say.

I think i've got something similiar so I will post it here and not as a new topic :

Yeah, it's the same thing that happens to me.

Whatever it is, it's not your end, since a lot of people encountered it. My guess is that the server stops receiving data, but it seems it has no issue sending data. Hopefully, it's because they chose to use really bad hardware for beta, and this will change when the game goes live.

Have the same problem.  Very annoying to keep restarting the game hoping for it not to freeze next time.  It was fine all day yesterday, the 19th, but today, the game doesn't seem to be wanting to work. Keeps on freezing.  It could be a connection error, because my internet is prone to disconnecting at various times.   

Squint   

I have had this happen a few random times, but today i got a repeat doing the same action. I was in skill book, took point off off Huzah! and Crouching tiger, put some into cat hammer, learned them, put 2 into my 2 key thorns, left side, and hit learn, game became unresponsive. This happened twice in different places in game.

My guess is that the server stops receiving data, but it seems it has no issue sending data.

On second thought, I doubt it is a connection issue. I was able to retrieve items from crafting and reorder another batch, which means the client still sends data.

Basically, it just stops recognizing the keyboard.

oPsA   

I have had this several times today and yesterday. Had to alt + tab and kill the client process manually.

I did the same, coz I didn't find out any other way to close the client.

I have had the same issues a few times, but Manually pressing Alt key and going tot he menu and hitting escape has solved it for me every time. Its some kind of input failure to detect certain  hings from the keyboard, I assume.

Smeltz   

Same thing I've had this happen to me at marketplace and vault. I got move if I changed channel or if I died then revived. But I still couldn't use button commands I could use some commands but I had to click on them. This also happened to me in a dungepn while I was wanting for party members I was reordering some stuff from my guilds canceled out then couldn't move was killed by NPC then revived and could move but could not use buttons until I left dungeon with the portal but I had to click on the command to use it but after I was out I was fine everything back to normal.

Irreal   

Since today I have the problem that suddenly the combat and other interactions with the game world begin to lag, sometimes growing to a point where it takes minutes for a response, at the same time I see the chat actualizing and the ping to google stays constant at 25 ms. Often the only way to exit the game in this state is by killing the process. After restarting the game the problem is gone for some time until it start again.

Edit: Now the game doesn't even gets to the agreement you have to accept to play after crashing after selecting a character.

Edited by Irreal

Sign in to follow this