Sign in to follow this  
Intense

Fps issue

Intense   

I get the more fps on old video card  then gtx 970m lol wtf whats with this horrible optimization ?

This game still runs on DirectX 9, sooooo yeah.

Try to submit your dxdiag when you're experiencing FPS drops in-game next time and send NCSoft a ticket about it.

It's all explained here: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/140983-blade-and-soul-performance-issues-how-to-submit-information-to-the-team-and-obtain-your-dx-diag/

The more feedback they get, the better.

Tsuzor   

I get the more fps on old video card  then gtx 970m lol wtf whats with this horrible optimization ?

Well one ur playing on laptop and i guess your old gpu is in desktop pc, if so than your laptop cpu is weaker than your desktop cpu and thats why u get lower fps, other thing could be maybe u have win10 and it seems it gives less fps than with win7 

Moist   

dx9 is one hell of a drug

this game hates 900 series
this game hates SLI

this game hates windows 8

which all fronts I"m *cricket*ed on so woohoo

Well one ur playing on laptop and i guess your old gpu is in desktop pc, if so than your laptop cpu is weaker than your desktop cpu and thats why u get lower fps, other thing could be maybe u have win10 and it seems it gives less fps than with win7 

970m out preforms older cards, Just a shame its only referring to DX11 since 900 series isn't built for dx9 it's built for dx10-11 its card opt is *cricket*

Edited by Moist

Tsuzor   

dx9 is one hell of a drug

this game hates SLI

which all fronts I"m *cricket*ed on so woohoo

970m out preforms older cards, Just a shame its only referring to DX11 since 900 series isn't built for dx9 it's built for dx10-11 its card opt is *cricket*

Well i have 0 Problems with my 970 on bns works like a charm 

Lanox   

I got a geforce gtx 980 ti and still get under 40 fps most of the time on medium settings, Also theres there corrupted dungeon that you need to do to get the weapon upgrade my fps drops to 8 there. So supposedly its bad optimization.

I have a old junk HD5770 and still average 25-30FPS on medium settings in crowded areas. Can't wait to upgrade my computer again. Going custom build instead of this crap pre-made stuff. Learned my lesson....

Tsuzor   

I got a geforce gtx 980 ti and still get under 40 fps most of the time on medium settings, Also theres there corrupted dungeon that you need to do to get the weapon upgrade my fps drops to 8 there. So supposedly its bad optimization.

1st wut windows do u use. 

2nd tell your pc specs. 

My specs

i5 - 4690k oced to 4.5ghz

8gb ram 

Geforce 970 

And now running win7 

Some things i noticed when i did test win7 vs win10 for bns 

In Field

Win7 120 fps

Win10 70 - 120 fps 

in Town

win7 60 - 70 fps

win10 30 - 40fps 

In dung 

win7 90 - 120 

win10 50 - 70 

Well didnt test it with mass amount of ppl, and all the settings where maxed on both os. 

And your 980ti doesnt even work on bns it just chiling in your pc, cuz my 970 doesnt even go most of the time 30% and 1gb vram.

And all the work in bns is done by cpu where u will see cpu spiking from 20 - 30% up to even 60 - 70% depending wut are u doing 

Edited by Tsuzor

Intense   
 Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.151121-0600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Alienware

System Model: Alienware 17 R2

BIOS: A02

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8078MB RAM

Page File: 3877MB used, 12392MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I will probably build a new pc anyways but my specs are way over this game lol , unless gta v graphicks are worse then blade and soul haha , even crysis 3 runs good 

Edited by Intense

Fael   

I have a GTX 750 Ti, and I have 120 fps in small dungeons, 80-90 usually in fields, 60-70 in town and big fights, the lowest I've seen is ~50fps. Settings : 4/5 and AA. Your GPU is not your problem ;)

I have my own question though.... Vsync, on or off?

Edited by Fael

Tsuzor   

I have a GTX 750 Ti, and I have 120 fps in small dungeons, 80-90 usually in fields, 60-70 in town and big fights, the lowest I've seen is ~50fps. Settings : 4/5 and AA. Your GPU is not your problem ;)

Well i would say more how does the cpu feel cuz i think its overheating a bit maybe. 

Moist   

Well i have 0 Problems with my 970 on bns works like a charm 

great for you friend some of the lot of use aren't as fortunate or blessed to have technology work when it should :^)

Lanox   

1st wut windows do u use. 

2nd tell your pc specs. 

My specs

i5 - 4690k oced to 4.5ghz

8gb ram 

Geforce 970 

And now running win7 

Some things i noticed when i did test win7 vs win10 for bns 

In Field

Win7 120 fps

Win10 70 - 120 fps 

in Town

win7 60 - 70 fps

win10 30 - 40fps 

In dung 

win7 90 - 120 

win10 50 - 70 

Well didnt test it with mass amount of ppl, and all the settings where maxed on both os. 

And your 980ti doesnt even work on bns it just chiling in your pc, cuz my 970 doesnt even go most of the time 30% and 1gb vram.

And all the work in bns is done by cpu where u will see cpu spiking from 20 - 30% up to even 60 - 70% depending wut are u doing 

I got win 10 64 bits, 8 ram, and an i5-2500 I know its mostly my cpu strugling but never the less a gtx 980ti shouldn't be that useless. I also got blade and soul installed on my ssd to help with crowded areas.

Vsync allways off

Tsuzor   

I got win 10 64 bits, 8 ram, and an i5-2500 I know its mostly my cpu strugling but never the less a gtx 980ti shouldn't be that useless. I also got blade and soul installed on my ssd to help with crowded areas.

Vsync allways off

well it is for bns its not the gpu related but cpu. ok let me give u an example. 

My frand played on laptop 

mots of the times she had 5 - 8 fps even most of the times 1 -3 fps 

Why: her cpu temps where over 90 load 

we changed everything and when the cpu temps droped to 50 - 60 on load 

her fps was 20+  

sooo as u see gpu doesnt play big role for bns 

Edited by Tsuzor

Fael   

Vsync allways off

Your problem could be your CPU then (and Windows 10 does not make things easier for some people).

Sorry, my question about Vsync was really poorly worded, but I wanted to ask to the more experienced players here if it is useful to use Vsync or not.

Lanox   

Your problem could be your CPU then (and Windows 10 does not make things easier for some people).

Sorry, my question about Vsync was really poorly worded, but I wanted to ask to the more experienced players here if it is useful to use Vsync or not.

You shouldn't use Vsync that only hurts the perfomance.

AttacKat   

IMHO/E, these two are very unfounded statement.

Got both Win 8.1 as well as the 970 and my BnS runs like a charm.

Edited by AttacKat

Lanian   

IMHO/E, these two are very unfounded statement.

Got both Win 8.1 as well as the 970 and my BnS runs like a charm.

I have win 8.1,thx sir for the info.

Cor   

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.151121-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
       System Model: Alienware 17 R2
               BIOS: A02
          Processor: Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8078MB RAM
          Page File: 3877MB used, 12392MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I will probably build a new pc anyways but my specs are way over this game lol , unless gta v graphicks are worse then blade and soul haha , even crysis 3 runs good 

Doesn't matter what gpu you have this game is cpu intensive, your gpu is going zzZzzzZZz while your cpu is on fire. BnS does not profit from multiple cores (and you have 4 not 8, you have 8 threads not cores) what matters is strong single core performance which you don't have with that cpu.

Sign in to follow this