Sign in to follow this  
y3kcjd5

World PvP load screen deaths possible

y3kcjd5   

So I got myself killed while wearing a faction uniform, and sent myself back to town. Upon exiting the resultant loading screen, I found myself dead again. Apparently, some players from the other faction had found me while I was still loading. Please, PLEASE make a grace period of invulnerabillity for players when they spawn in an instance. Something like 30 seconds or until the player acts, whichever is shorter, seems reasonable. I was under the impression that this was pretty standard for MMOs with world PvP; flooding the faction point board with load screen deaths and spawn camping can't be healthy for the community.

Izora   

Hit 3 when you die to unequip your faction uniform. It's not a great solution but it's the only way that'll stop you from getting killed as you load in.

y3kcjd5   

I am aware of that option, but unequipping my uniform every time I die isn't exactly practical, and I'd much rather not show up in town naked every time just to quash the possibility of load screen deaths. Hence this report.

y3kcjd5   

If memory serves, that's simply how the 3 command (when dead) works; it unequips your current uniform and that's it. If it's somehow otherwise possible to change uniforms while dead, then that's news to me.

But I digress; the point here is that players shouldn't have to implement Superman's phone-booth changing techniques in order to compensate for what amounts to either a bug or an oversight in the gaming system, which is why I'm posting here in the bug forum, in an attempt to have it rectified.

Sign in to follow this