Sign in to follow this  
y3kcjd5

Inventory full false alarm when inventory mostly full

y3kcjd5   

Many times when my inventory is 75% or more full and I generate an item somehow, either by salvaging an item, or by opening a container like a treasure box or a soul shield pack, I will get a message saying my inventory is full and the items will be dumped in the overflow inventory, even if there is in fact plenty of space for those items. Having to exit out of salvaging mode, move all the items into my inventory manually, and then go back to salvaging, or, manually continue opening a stack of containers one by one because the warning stops the consecutive opening is a considerable nuisance.

Rapture   

The reason this occurs is RNG on boxes and salvaging. Theoretically you can get every single item shown on a box at the same time and multiple items when salvaging, so it will claim your inventory is full unless it can fit all of the potential drops. Overflow inventory was actually added to the game a couple years ago, primarily to address this exact problem. Still less than optimal, but at least now you don't need to remove items from your inventory to open boxes.

Edited by Rapture

y3kcjd5   

This does not explain things like salvaging, soul shield packs, and containers with fixed contents, which all result in a known item yield below the availabile capacity of my inventory.

Edit: Also, in those cases where RNG is involved, it makes little sense to use the overflow every single time when it should be relatively simple to only use the overflow when enough items result to necessitate its use.

Edited by y3kcjd5

Rapture   

I can't say I've ever noticed this occurring with opening soul shield packs or containers with fixed contents.

Savaging and Chests from daily quests and dungeons as mentioned can potentially result in a large number of item slots being used, especially they fail to auto-stack.

Yes it's inconvenient at times, this just one of those bugs which NCSoft KR has been aware of for years, yet instead of fixing it properly they introduced overflow inventory as a crutch.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of something like this being fixed for NA release.

y3kcjd5   

I'm definitely seeing this with fixed content boxes, and I'm allowing for failure to auto-stack in my inventory availability, but it still keeps giving me false alarms. Also, what do you mean about salvaging resulting in large quantities of items? AFAIK any one item can only result in one salvage item.

Edited by y3kcjd5

Exerion   

It's just due overflow inventory. In this game there is 'overflow inventory'. When you open some box that gives you more items that you have free space in your inventory, some items is moved to expanded overflow inventory and you do not see it. It's just a small icon at the bottom of the screen, next to crafting/wheel/etc icons that says that you have items in overflow inventory. Until you take out all items from this expanded inventory you will be unable to open any boxes, salvage items, take mails etc.

It's not straight-understanding, because this icon very small and not noticable.

y3kcjd5   

I know what the overflow inventory is, my issue here is that it's being used when it shouldn't be, i.e. when there's still space in my regular inventory for the items to go. For example, if I go salvage a soul shield when there are 5 or 6 open spaces in my inventory I'll still get the inventory full warning and the salvaged item (either broken pieces or fusion powder) will go to overflow.

Edited by y3kcjd5

Rapture   

AFAIK any one item can only result in one salvage item.

Nah, it's RNG.

Getting 1-3 items from salvaging is somewhat common. Very rarely you can get more than that, but I no idea what the actual limit is off-hand. In the past when there were multiple level grades of powders possible per salvage, it was a bit more obvious.

For chests it's the same deal. Say you have a chest with 8 possible items. You have an x% change to drop each item, and then you have an x% chance to drop multiples of each item. Potentially such a chest could probably drop something like 16-36 items at once, granted its probably a 0.0000001% chance it would do so.

There very well could be another bug mixed in there somewhere, but that's how this was explained to me in the past.

y3kcjd5   

Then I must have atrocious RNG, because out of the hundreds of items I have salvaged not a single one has yielded more than one item.

At any rate, at the very least it's pretty buggy to have the warning popping up every time there's even the remotest chance of overflow instead of just when it actually occurs, and I'm still pretty sure there's an actual bug in there somewhere (soul shield packs for instance).

Sign in to follow this