Sign in to follow this  
Sylla

Something wrong with anatomy.

Sylla   

Well, im kinda too visual and when something doesnt fit i feel uncomfortable. So i have to spill it.

Well, my char is max size, max torso size and legs adjusted to be almost half and half torso and head/legs.

The belly button is too low or the crouch is too high. The problem is that when you change your character size, the body doesnt morph with it, giving stuff like that.

7ifvb4v.jpg

Doesn't the edit image look better?

Is not something i seen in cbt if not long time ago. Probably no one will pay atention to this, but i couldnt hold it. I dont like deformitys ;p

Edited by Sylla

Roda   

Agreed. Give us a belly button slider!

We have a finger slider, so it isn't too far fetched.

Sylla   

Agreed. Give us a belly button slider!

And a crotch (not sure if that is the right word in english) slider...?? I use that as center of the body to create characters. I see characters with ostrich legs and i just lol.

Teisho   

I think the biggest problem with Gon female is that if you make her wider than default, her entire hand will end up going through her hip.

Sylla   

I think the biggest problem with Gon female is that if you make her wider than default, her entire hand will end up going through her hip.

The default pose itself is so deform.

Thanks to god they added more straight poses to customizate your character, it was almost imposible to deal with sizes and proportions.

Edited by Sylla

GnatB   

From what I remember, part of the problem is that in the Gon's normal "rest" pose, they are really sticking their butt out with an extreme arch to the back, which isn't particularly obvious from a front 2d view.  So it sorta "collapses" the distances where she's arching.

Sylla   

From what I remember, part of the problem is that in the Gon's normal "rest" pose, they are really sticking their butt out with an extreme arch to the back, which isn't particularly obvious from a front 2d view.  So it sorta "collapses" the distances where she's arching.

I understand that, and is not. In more normal poses it is almost the same. I thought the same at first.

Rapture   

For the most part, that only occur when people don't fully understand the effects of sliders in the character creator.

The below image for example is the Gon I was using in CBT with that outfit, and the pelvis & belly looks pretty much identical to your 'edit' version. Granted my character is slimmer overall:

rTccNzA8.jpg

That said, there is nothing inherently wrong with Gon anatomy, aside from the fact that character creator has no protections against deformed proportions. With Gon more so than other races, positive body slider values are evil. If you're new to BnS and don't understand what an 'average' Gon looks like, compare some of body sliders on the default presets. You should quickly notice that certain sliders have a bias towards negative values. Keep this in mind when designing your characters. Beyond that, practice makes perfect as they say.

Edit: Reading through the OP post again, I guess the only complaint is how Gon proportions scale as max height? A few things to keep in mind. The height slider is not a pure scale slider, it actually modifies the structure of the entire skeleton as well. This means that whenever you change the height slider, you always need to re-balance almost all of your body sliders. Both min and max height will result in an abnormal short/wide or tall/narrow skeletal structure. The bulk slider on the other hand is global fat/muscle slider. Waist width is a fat slider. Waist height is a skeleton slider. Pelvis (aka butt) is a skeleton slider. Thigh/Calf width are fat sliders. Thigh/Calf height are skeleton sliders. The rule of thumb for every race is maximum height is unusable if you desire perfectly balanced proportions. While it may sound counter-intuitive, the proper way to create a balanced tall character is often not with a maxed out height slider, but rather with a lower height value, yet higher values for all the other targeted skeleton height modifiers which offer more control.

Edited by Rapture

Sylla   

For the most part, that only occur when people don't fully understand the effects of sliders in the character creator.

The below image for example is the Gon I was using in CBT with that outfit, and the pelvis & belly looks pretty much identical to your 'edit' version. Granted my character is slimmer overall:

rTccNzA8.jpg

That said, there is nothing inherently wrong with Gon anatomy, aside from the fact that character creator has no protections against deformed proportions. With Gon more so than other races, positive body slider values are evil. If you're new to BnS and don't understand what an 'average' Gon looks like, compare some of body sliders on the default presets. You should quickly notice that certain sliders have a bias towards negative values. Keep this in mind when designing your characters. Beyond that, practice makes perfect as they say.

Edit: Reading through the OP post again, I guess the only complaint is how Gon proportions scale as max height? A few things to keep in mind. The height slider is not a pure scale slider, it actually modifies the structure of the entire skeleton as well. This means that whenever you change the height slider, you always need to re-balance almost all of your body sliders. Both min and max height will result in an abnormal short/wide or tall/narrow skeletal structure. The bulk slider on the other hand is global fat/muscle slider. Waist width is a fat slider. Waist height is a skeleton slider. Pelvis (aka butt) is a skeleton slider. Thigh/Calf width are fat sliders. Thigh/Calf height are skeleton sliders. The rule of thumb for every race is maximum height is unusable if you desire perfectly balanced proportions. While it may sound counter-intuitive, the proper way to create a balanced tall character is often not with a maxed out height slider, but rather with a lower height value, yet higher values for all the other targeted skeleton height modifiers which offer more control.

I know how it works, thats why im asking for a change.

The crotch/belly button doesn't change despite the "hight" slider. Thats the only problem, nothing else.

AFE6fw1.png

Same character, same camera place. Just changed the slider from taller to medium to shorter.

pd: i think that only moving the belly button its okay... maybe. And i think the breasts have the same issue lol.

So what you're saying is: bring down the puse?

LOL, not exactly that. She should move depending the body size within the belly button ;p

Edited by Sylla

Sylla   

Well, people is more concerned about hats than into something that affects anatomy directly ;(

Hazgaz   

The point is, some people put time and effort to design characters to look how they want.  All these options to customize our characters looks, are simply overwritten by a hat or outfit design.  From pudgy bellies to pointy boobs, what happens in character customization changes based on cosmetics worn in game.  Most of the outfits used to customized characters gives Gon females pointy boobs.  Some outfits in game "bikini top", have the boobs pointing east and west instead of just being normal roundish shaped as shown in the OP's picture.

Same character different outfits:  5 different outfits, 5 different boob shapes and sizes.

Round shape size decreased     

5eeh42.jpg

Round shape size increased:  wow!

5txd1j.jpg

Sort of round, pointing strange with separation

157ok21.jpg

East or west? Left or Right?  Which way do we go?

9zsfet.jpg

Somewhat Normal with size increased

ta0q35.jpg

Edited by Hazgaz

Sylla   

The point is, some people put time and effort to design characters to look how they want.  All these options to customize our characters looks, are simply overwritten by a hat or outfit design.  From pudgy bellies to pointy boobs, what happens in character customization isn't always what we see in game.

what

And yes, those conic bubs are hilarious.

"Give me a hug", and you end with 2 holes in your chest lol.

Edited by Sylla

Sylla   

The point is, some people put time and effort to design characters to look how they want.  All these options to customize our characters looks, are simply overwritten by a hat or outfit design.  From pudgy bellies to pointy boobs, what happens in character customization changes based on cosmetics worn in game.  Most of the outfits used to customized characters gives Gon females pointy boobs.  Some outfits in game "bikini top", have the boobs pointing east and west instead of just being normal roundish shaped as shown in the OP's picture.

Same character different outfits:  5 different outfits, 5 different boob shapes and sizes.

Round shape size decreased     

5eeh42.jpg

Round shape size increased:  wow!

5txd1j.jpg

Sort of round, pointing strange with separation

157ok21.jpg

East or west? Left or Right?  Which way do we go?

9zsfet.jpg

Somewhat Normal with size increased

ta0q35.jpg

I noticed that too... maybe bra has cotton to pump them up (would also like some extra slider for breasts)? ;p

But ii think is not as worth as you go full slider for "hight".

You can see the picture (worht more than thousand words, but not for some people it seems) that ive posted up there. Affects breasts, belly button and crotch. If you want to avoid that just use the default slider, that i wont.

Don't i put enough effort to create a character and see those things wrong too?

Kounat   

Races are only "meant" to fit their normal 0 sizes and a little bit around that area, minimizing or maximizing size otherwise causes effects like these. Not much that can really be done there, this game was created too long ago for a major update like this to really occur.

Sylla   

334f65a90da1ad27c71c80d39ac96fe4.jpg

Sounds like someone isn't familiar with HTK's work and his penchant for exaggerated anatomy.

Yeah, thats fine. More than the exagerated legs and arms the rest its okay.

Sign in to follow this