BH6010

Latency/lag issues in CBT4

BH6010   

Following this answer

Greetings,

We have noticed multiple reports of latency issues and are working diligently to figure out what is the underlying cause for the lag spikes players have been reporting. What we need from the community in order to help the Blade & Soul team out tremendously with our investigation would be to contact Customer Support at the following link if you are encountering these issues: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us as well as submitting a bug report in the Bug Report Forum with as many details as possible when the issues occurred.

Thank you for your support! 

I'm leaving my problem with gameplay.

Since friday 11th December evening I got massive performance drop. Game have 2-3 seconds delays with everything. Sometimes after 10 sec freeze everything goes back to normal causing massive flood of attacks both mine and mobs.

This issue persists during evenings from around 16:00 (4PM) GMT+1. Earlier gameplay even in weekends is not affacted or slightly affected by ping spikes.

Im playing on Soha EU.

In past 3 Betas I had no problem playing game. The most smooth gameplay has been on NA Mushin. CBT 2 on Soha was slightly worse but still playable. At CBT3 it started to lag a bit but not to noticable/game breaking degree.

During CBT4 few times I got complete freeze of game, both in combat and town.

On video below I stuck in that exact place twice.

Ping spikes to 260ms and game is frozen. Using Alt to release cursor allow you to open menus or even use skills clicking on them, but your mouse and keyboard doesn't react on any command.

By that I mean I can use mouse, tap keys, use Alt+Tab but game still does not react to imput. Only holding Alt and using mouse can do anything in game.

Shutting down game or restarting PC is only way to fix this temporary.

I opened windows resource manager to monitor my ping. I got spikes over 200 during fight, eating food, standing still for some time, in each loading screen no matter if it's for instance or map/town.

Those spikes makes attacking unable (especially with KFM) while mobs attack me like everything is fine.

O2hFNHV.jpg

My maybe not normal, but playable ping is usually like this during evening hours, although yesterday was a way better 50-80ms.

eHMtqF5.jpg

tnRrAwP.jpg

0aY10z1.jpg

xi7nCmP.jpg

My PC specs:

AMD Phenom Quad-Core 4850 Black Edition 2.51 Ghz

Radeon HD 4850 512 MB DDR3

4 GB RAM

HDD WD 7200 RPM

Win 7 x64 Home Premium

Edit: Forgot to leave my country and Internet informations.

Internet:

4918092980.png

Edited by BH6010

BH6010   

Yesterday I joined PvP, because PvE was to deadly at evening.

I have 14 fights recorded and will upload some on YT later. As for now this is how my gameplay looked like.

I lowered graphic settings to 1 to try to counterfight latency.

not just EU, even NA

I played a few arena matches where I get like a "Stop-motion" animation kinda feel

but fortunately I still managed to win....

also PvE part some dungeons in Cinderlands gave me that laggy feeling

never had that before in previous CBTs

Selene   

Same here, but like last 2 days - 1 day it stopped, I went to NA , no lags, it was perfect.. I went back to EU.. holy shit Lol I couldn't play, I could move but when I went in combat really bad lags,  so I decide to download WTFast but then the lags were gone and yeah, what I'm worried about is if it will return for Closed beta 5, hopefully it wont :/ I sent a ticket.. but they are just asking me to do weird things that I'm not even sure how to do them..

But yeah the lags were gone after 1-2 days, so idk.. lets wait and see :/

Kinetic   

not just EU, even NA

I played a few arena matches where I get like a "Stop-motion" animation kinda feel

but fortunately I still managed to win....

also PvE part some dungeons in Cinderlands gave me that laggy feeling

never had that before in previous CBTs

Also want to verify its NA also. And another sign: I have a mob targeted, I get in range, skills light up that are in range/ready to use, I hit one of those keys, THE BORDER AROUND THE SKILL KEY LIGHTS UP... and nothing happens. Sometimes the skill happens a few seconds later, sometimes it just doesn't happen at all.

Sometimes this happens just for a few seconds, sometimes for an entire arena match. All previous Betas were fine. It just started with CBT 4. Again, this is for NA (Mushin)

Bartas   

I can second everything BH6010 said. I have very similar rig as he has, same provider and also live in Poland. 

Few things to add:

- it was a bit laggy for me on Friday, getting worse till around midnight then everything was fine.

- Second day was quite good all day long with few exceptions

- Third day was totally unplayable with skill delays for up to 5 seconds and 5-10 seconds game freezes. In the evening (20.00 CET) it was a bit better.

- Last day of CBT4 I just quit in frustration after trying to play for 40 minutes. Basically everything I did caused 5 second freeze.

Just to add I tried every possible setting for graphics, no improvement at all. Funny enough my FPS were always above 35 even during skill freeze.

Also, I had every background proccess shut down, every app that could be disabled and even my AV was turned off.

VRock   

Julianne just said on Jaesung stream chat. We should send a customer support ticket to be more effective! 

Bartas   

Julianne just said on Jaesung stream chat. We should send a customer support ticket to be more effective! 

OK, did that. Let's see if they can at least confirm what is wrong. 

Hopefully last CBT will run fine. We shall see tomorrow.

Valiant   

OK, did that. Let's see if they can at least confirm what is wrong. 

Hopefully last CBT will run fine. We shall see tomorrow.

Yep