Sign in to follow this  
Vinn102

Voicing: Complete or Partial or ?

Vinn102   

I had a question for the Localization and Systems devs for this version of BNS.. I noticed that voices for certain NPCs have been added gradually from CBT to CBT. Some voices, such as ones in Oakshade Village are now fully voiced, and some NPCs in certain towns now have voice and others do not. What are your Launch Plans for voicing in the game? Do you plan on keeping the myriad of mixed voicing and non-voicing (which makes no sense as one point you hear them talk, then another its just silent..), or do you plan to have everything fully voiced by Launch (or soon after Launch)?

I for one would prefer it either one way or the other, but not a random mix... Obviously a lot of voices also are sub-par quality or just plain poor quality, so they would also need to be looked into as well, but its a serious part of this game with its anime-esque theme. We can't have careless gaps of voicing everywhere. It is just sloppy.

So it all comes down to this..

Full Voicing, Partial (Story-only) Voicing or something in between? What are the Launch plans for Voicing?

Teisho   

I asked about this on the localization discussion thread and the only thing LWS could tell me was that he just didn't know.

All I know is that NCSoft had better give us full voicing. All of the other versions have voiced almost all NPC dialogue and it would just make NCWest look very bad if they decided not to voice all of the NPC dialogue.

BigJ01   

Its really not something to worry about until release, in the localization thread and another one they said that they are working on new text translation and voice overs but the official version won't be implemented until release. That's why you still see text not matching voice or lots of grammar errors still in the CBT because they're not editing that version.

AttacKat   

Full Voicing, Partial (Story-only) Voicing or something in between? What are the Launch plans for Voicing?

Other regions are full voice. IMHO too much.

What I like to see is voice for quest dialog, but we don't need those walk-by chatters.

Sign in to follow this