naryneitred

Combat Lag

CBT 11-13 Dec. 2015.

The main focus of this topic is to express my issues with what I call combat lag. By combat lag I am referring to the delay from clicking or executing an attack to the game acknowledging the actions. For example: I am play a KFM and the left click combo will only execute the first strike after several clicks and/or seconds. The second attack in the combo may execute from time to time and the third attack is very rare.

While playing I have experienced incredible combat lag. I have had other players help to see if it was just lag in animation. My character just stood there and every once in a while would throw a punch. All other combat from NPC's and PC's are normal in my view, eg. The world around me moves at the normal speed and suffers no lag. Only my combat suffers. The game is playable, but once I enter combat I become a punching bag. Not sure what it could be because even my movements, walking and running, are not lagged. There are times that the world lags, but that is during peak internet usage hours where I am at. I have run the game on different settings to no avail.

Am I the only one having this issue?

Computer Specs......

GPU: Nvidia GTX 880M

CPU: i7-4700HQ (2.4GHz)

RAM: 24GB

Windows 10

I am using lag in the terms of delay in animation. Whether it be from fps or latency I am not sure. Like I said in my post the world around me runs and looks fine with no delay in animation, but my character during combat just doesn't respond to my combat commands. 

I am using lag in the terms of delay in animation. Whether it be from fps or latency I am not sure. Like I said in my post the world around me runs and looks fine with no delay in animation, but my character during combat just doesn't respond to my combat commands. 

low fps and latency lag doesnt go together. it has to be one of the two.

Teisho   

I think they're talking about latency.

Which commands are you using that have delays in them? Just mouse clicks or everything? If it's just mouse clicks then that's a problem inherent in UE3, the engine the game is running.

Sylla   

Check first your fps... It is easier and if you have decent fps its your ping that is making you have troubles.

Remember that some skills requires a bit of time to cast or react after you alraedy casted another...

Sometimes they do...

Edited by Sylla

I am aware they are not related which is why I said I am unsure which it could be.

I think they're talking about latency.

Which commands are you using that have delays in them? Just mouse clicks or everything? If it's just mouse clicks then that's a problem inherent in UE3, the engine the game is running.

I am using all combat related commands. Left clicking, right clicking, Z key, 1 key, 2 key, 3 key, 4 key, F key. All combat related actions are delayed or will not trigger. I can use the WASD keys and shift keys fine, there is no problem with movement.

Check first your fps... It is easier and if you have decent fps its your ping that is making you have troubles.

Remember that some skills requires a bit of time to cast or react after you alraedy casted another...

Sometimes they do...

But would fps cause only my combat to be delayed yet keep everything from movement to other players in normal conditions. Again I am only getting delays in my combat actions. Background, other characters, enemies, npcs, mining, spinning the fortune wheel, talking, chatting. EVERYTHING else runs smooth.

Teisho   
I am using all combat related commands. Left clicking, right clicking, Z key, 1 key, 2 key, 3 key, 4 key, F key. All combat related actions are delayed or will not trigger. I can use the WASD keys and shift keys fine, there is no problem with movement.

Are you connected to NA or EU servers? Do you know what your ping to the server is? I have the same issue on the Taiwanese version of the game, but that's because my ping is very high. I have no delays in anything besides combat on TW as my ping is very high.

Are you connected to NA or EU servers? Do you know what your ping to the server is? I have the same issue on the Taiwanese version of the game, but that's because my ping is very high. I have no delays in anything besides combat on TW as my ping is very high.

Connected to the NA server. I can honestly say I do not know what my ping to the server is.

Teisho   

Connected to the NA server. I can honestly say I do not know what my ping to the server is.

There is a ping tool you can download that will show you what your ping to the server is.

Sylla   

I am aware they are not related which is why I said I am unsure which it could be.

But would fps cause only my combat to be delayed yet keep everything from movement to other players in normal conditions. Again I am only getting delays in my combat actions. Background, other characters, enemies, npcs, mining, spinning the fortune wheel, talking, chatting. EVERYTHING else runs smooth.

That's very weird.

Open your task manarter, resource monitor, red and check client. Down in tcp you will find your ping.

4 different client.exes all range from 120-190(Dec. 14).

Today there is almost no issues. Maybe the volume of players was causing latency spikes, but to me it is still odd that only combat was affected by latency.

Selene   

first 2 days of the beta I had lags too, many people did, special in combat, (EU) but after while the lags stopped, dunno why or how, I sent ticket and got annoying respond, they ignored what I said lol, the problem is a lot people has the lags, but oh well..idk

if I'm still having lags on launch they better refund me my 39k ncoins lul

Edited by Selene