Sign in to follow this  
Syk

What is Your First Impression On The Game :) ?

Syk   

Just Wondering if people are kind enough to share their first impressions on the game so far :) 

Rane   

Seems fun, combat could be interesting or the same basic this rotation that rotation hidden behind a new scheme.

I haven't been able to dive that far in to it, can only play for a few minutes at a time before the game bugs out and "freezes" or just lags really bad in general. (But it was fun earlier morning of the first day before tons of people were on.)

Syk   

Seems fun, combat could be interesting or the same basic this rotation that rotation hidden behind a new scheme.

I haven't been able to dive that far in to it, can only play for a few minutes at a time before the game bugs out and "freezes" or just lags really bad in general. (But it was fun earlier morning of the first day before tons of people were on.)

Glad to hear you had fun, try checking the Forums someone may have had the same issue and found a fix for it :) 

Syk   

So far so good, I'm actually finding it to be quite enjoyable so far.

Glad to know you're enjoying it. Hope to see you at the full release :)

Syk   

I've played bns on the Russian server and now the cbt. Gotta say the main reason I enjoy this game is the art style. The outfits the designers made look amazing.

Yeah the outfits are honestly one of a kind, they successfully deliver that old time style theme  :) 

Novastar   

Im loving it.  I love the combat, questing is fun, movement is great. 

Not a fan of bidding for gear though.

WarSiren   

Okay first impressions

The Good:

1. ) The Combat is a lot of fun, when you finally get the key mapping figured out.

2.) Abilities are interesting and they feel like they make impact, something some games fail to deliver on.

3.) I love the fact that I'm not collecting armor, and the soul shields are really cool.

4.) Movement is AWESOME when you open the Dragon Veins you just want to ride them for a few minutes and take in the awesome animations attached to them.

5.) Weapon upgrade system in interesting, and I like the over all progression.

The Bad

1.) Locked items needing keys to open them. Just seems pointless, and it's not even really a cash shop thing either because you can buy keys from the general vendor. It just seems like a pointless mechanic.

2.) Voice acting is horrible, it's sad because Carbine did such a great job with Wildstar I was hoping NCsoft would do the same with Blade and Soul, but no.. You need to release The Korean, and Japanese voice tracks as an option.

3.) Controller mapping is just not very good, even if you take forever to remap it, it's still not that great with the movement camera and the ability layout. I'd suggest looking at how games like Tera, and FFXIV work their controler support (more so Tera.)

4.) Unable to mix match costume pieces, I'm stuck wearing someone else idea of a good complete design, and a lot of time the complete design is lacking or could look better with other boots or pants etc.

Over all i really really like the game, I think the good far outweighs the bad. I fully plan on subbing for the game upon release, and I'm looking forward to PvP once the game goes live and I get a new keymapping figured out.

:)

Funny thing is. PVE in this game is great. it's super.

Wait till you get in pvp. then you'll see some nonsense you've never seen before.

This game's pvp is so broken it's a joke.

I love the people saying nothing is going to change cos this is what the Korean servers have and they want to compete in the "world championships".

Well let me tell you something. you ain't going to be competeing in anything cos no one is going to believe how broken this game's pvp is. it's not even funny. I don't even think they tried to balance it. They just stuff on class with some OP nonsense and expect people to love their game.

THIS GAME WILL FAIL in the west. I'm sure of it. much better games than this have failed and at least they had some balance. This is just a joke. When the servers close down we'll see how you get to your "world championships".

Mikey   

Wait till you get in pvp. then you'll see some nonsense you've never seen before.

I love the people saying nothing is going to change cos this is what the Korean servers have and they want to compete in the "world championships".

Well let me tell you something. you ain't going to be competeing in anything cos no one is going to believe how broken this game's pvp is. it's not even funny. I don't even think they tried to balance it. They just stuff on class with some OP nonsense and expect people to love their game.

THIS GAME WILL FAIL in the west. I'm sure of it. much better games than this have failed and at least they had some balance. This is just a joke. When the servers close down we'll see how you get to your "world championships".

B5BSVqH.png

Sylla   

Then tell me better games than this one, motorola (ex apb cheater).

Edited by Sylla

There are so many good mmos coming out this year. keep making fun of me please. please keep posting pictures I beg you . cos when this game tanks i'm going to laugh hard at all of it.

Black desert and the division are coming out next year too and god knows what other mmos. you think people are going to stick with this broken trash

Mikey   

There are so many good mmos coming out this year. keep making fun of me please. please keep posting pictures I beg you . cos when this game tanks i'm going to laugh hard at all of it.

Black desert and the division are coming out next year too and god knows what other mmos. you think people are going to stick with this broken trash

http://i.imgur.com/FoTjyg1.jpg

But for real if you think this game is trash then please, by all means, leave this community....literally nobody will care. Meanwhile BDO will be a pretty game with zero content and will go down like AA did and then Ubisoft will delay the division more than likely knowing how they do things. 

Edited by Lock6

If you don't like it, just play a different game, but I can see why you type with that attitude, you feel entitled to something because you had a bad experience with the game or the company? Legit

Sylla   

I heard from many people that black desert isnt that good. Just 10/10 graphics.

Rip motorola/makiavelli apb baned for cheating.

Edited by Sylla

Cerberus   

2015 hasn't been a very good year for MMOs. I heard from this game a few weeks ago and thought I'd sign up for Beta, see I can test the waters. I finally got my invite this week-end and figured I'd end up messing around with the character creation for far longer than I should, then proceed to play for an hour or so before getting bored and uninstalling the game, like every other MMO I tried this year. Much to my surprise (and delight), that's not how it went at all.

This game isn't just pretty, it's amazingly fun too. Nice story, great combat, awesome character creation system, really good tutorial, pretty outfits (I can't help it, playing dress-up with my characters is just so much fun), great music... I had a bit of a busy week-end so I couldn't play as much as I'd like but I squeezed as much time as I could, trying out different classes and all that. Looks like Blade & Soul will be the MMO that redeems 2015 for me.

I had a blast during the Beta and look forward to the actual release! :D

Koragg   

Must say i enjoy this game and am very happy that's it's finally here, since playing on asian servers was a nightmare i simply had to stop which made me sad. 

Also don't argue with those who don't like the game, there will always be people like that, everyone has a different opinion. So if you don't agree just ignore them, no point in getting worked up over nothing.

Syk   

Do you mean about na cb or my very first time ive played bns?

Very First time you played B&S :) 

Game's foundation is solid. The gameplay is good, feels more action-based than a game like tera but still has the mmo feel without going pure action rpg. Soul shields separating cosmetic appearance from armor is a great idea.

Cons are that soul shields might deceive you into thinking there's no rng grind for armor drops, except it's still present with the soul shield pieces and the benefits of a complete set. The rng on weapons is also strong from what I can tell. Biggest peeve is that gear progression to 45 has to actually suffer from grind, if you want to upgrade your hongmoon weapon and accessories it could potentially take you more time than actually leveling. Exp should be the main barrier to LEVEL progression. I could give less of a damn about endgame progression, because that's about gear and not levels.

One more thing the game is bad at is explaining your new skills to you. Level up and you just get told what new skills you got. Skill tree is confusing to look at, very confusing compared to most MMOs where the skill tree is set out quite clearly. The combo lessons were great until you realise that every single lesson was teaching you the most basic of combos using skills you got levels ago and anything more advanced than that you'd have to learn it yourself. And then even those most basic lessons ended early.

Can't comment on balance for two reasons, one is that I haven't played enough, the other is that the game hasn't even launched yet.

Sign in to follow this