Sign in to follow this  
Azure

How to pvp with blademaster?

Azure   

Im sitting around 1500-1600 and i find it really hard to beat any classes.

KFM: their Q and E gives them 1 sec of iframe after use while mine doesnt. This allow to be avoid my cc and then cc me after. I can beat them from time to time depending if they make a mistake.

Destroyer: They are just too tanky. They can easily survive my whole combo. The round can last up to 2 minutes but he eventually widows me down. Plus idk how to counter their grab. I can use V to escape 1 grab, but they grab me 2 more time before it goes off cd and then im dead.

FM: I can beat them consistently unless they are a god. But I have trouble with their constant grabs and throws into cc chain.

Sin: I cant seem to do anything unless I get a really good opener and they burn tab early. When my cc is back up, they either have flower down or their tab is back up. Even if I save my tab for their web, lightning slash combo, bomb combo, They just restealth and cc me with LMB after. Plus I find it hard hitting them in stealth as their LMB and lightning slash outranges my tab, 3. Also they can just poison me and I can't block.

LBM: I have some success against them, but their spin to win makes it difficult for me to cc them. Once they activate their Z, they can just press X and go through my block and then proceed to cc chain me.

Summoner: By far the hardest class for me. I cant really burst their cat down and if I focus cat, I get chunked. If I go after the summoner, I get cced. Even if their cat is dead, I find it really hard to get onto them. They just keep stealthing. I know you arent suppose to him them when they have a dandelion on them, but they still have many other ways of escaping. They just keep ktiing and ccing. I can't seem to find any counter play.

I just feel like I do not damage compared to other classes. When KFM does their full combo, they just constant animation cancel and youre dead if tab is down. Destroyer just turns on rage and press RMB two times. FM just constant snares and prevent movement spells. LBM uses lightning and animation cancels and youre dead. Sin full combo takes a bit longer to kill compared to kfm, lbm, destryoer, but they can cc for so long and cant move at all. When I'm playing BM, I feel like theres no damage as its just LMB between ccs. No animation cancels or anything. I only feel like I'm doing some damage when I RMB in draw, but you can only press that a few times before you need to switch stances and go back into normal stance. Plus a lot of my cc are knockdowns or dazes so they just press F. Blademaster have a lot of cc, but I just can't kill them as there just isn't damage. Like LBM doesnt have a lot of cc, but their lightning LMB F animation cancel combo can 1 shot people really quickly.

I feel ur pain mate i play sin n everytime i see me vs sum i know its a loss.

I tried to open fight rendering unconscious the cat then sum goes stealth root u n fix cat or sit near cat so u hit it accidentaly n wake it lol nc stradegy.

The fact is sum even whithout cat has good damage n heal plus its 2vs1.

Kill cat scenario:while i do that already i have 50%hp n full debufs.

Till now i have over 100 wins with every class but not even 1 vs sum

That alone says much.

Till now i have 2 scenarios

1) kill cat 1st

2) kill sum 1st

Tbh i did better job tryin to kill sum first

Fael   

I tried to open fight rendering unconscious the cat then sum goes stealth root u n fix cat or sit near cat so u hit it accidentaly n wake it lol nc stradegy.

That alone says much.

1) kill cat 1st

2) kill sum 1st

What about BM? ;)

Well im silver so i usually beat bm.grom my view as a sin ..every time u see sin in stelth just count 6 sec then if u see sins 3(jumping thingie for u n stealth again count another 6 .u have a blovk right ? Use it n always move usually when sin goes stealth he come near u so he lbm or rb f .

Im new here so thats all i have to offer u as advice

Sylla   

Just click and you win.

Bm has been allways the favourite class from both players and devs.

Sinnaru   

That alone says much.

1) kill cat 1st

2) kill sum 1st

Honestly, in pvp cats needs to be nerfed by 50% of its hp, its like you have about 26k hp while your opponent has 52k hp (with cat that is)? Also that "cannon" skill or w/e they have, pooh pooh pooh and ur toast. Not lying, I dislike that class.

I'm definitely gonna make warlock and rekt all these summoners for good (im a hater xD).

Edited by Sinnaru

Ren36   

Im sitting around 1500-1600 and i find it really hard to beat any classes.

KFM: their Q and E gives them 1 sec of iframe after use while mine doesnt. This allow to be avoid my cc and then cc me after. I can beat them from time to time depending if they make a mistake.

KFM are weak against counters, especially if you´re able to time your resist with their attk, then they´re wide open for a few moments.

If they use backstep or side-step, you should escape it with backstep to gain a resist, time and distance in between.

If you´re out of his range you go into the opposite direction of him. Once he begins to walk again, then they missed their chance to hit you upward/knock you down.

If you´re still in his range you can try to time your block with his attack to stun him(0,5s).

They are vulnerable while they attack.

-> use your resist skill and dash at him with 3, while in draw stance

That way, even if he blocks, your CC will still connect. Now he might use his F-button against your daze

-> go into the direction in which he rolled back and try to time your C-attack with his landing to stun him again(be careful he might use his tab-escape now, but usually he won´t)

-> if you have time use your E-button avoid it, not Q otherwise you go into draw stance(wasting potential dmg)

->launch him into the air

Once on the ground stay close to him and use Q, if he didn´t use his Tab-escape yet.

-> backstep and pull him to you while using 2 to stun him, launch him into the air again and stall time if you already used your tab-escape.

Here some basic combos:

How to escape a KFM:

The most important part is to know when you should use your escape skills.

*F-button can be used against daze, knock down and knock back.

When the KFM for example uses his 5hit CC(daze) most people use their F-button after the 3rd attack, due to panic, that´s why they still end up CCed with his last 2 attacks.

Best is to use it after the 4/5th attack and back-step directly after landing. If your timing was off you will be now stunned with his rocket punch, which has a short timeframe in which it can be used.

If you are stunned from the rocket punch don´t use your tab-esc, wait that he uses his 2nd/3rd CC(it varies depending on what he skilled). Best is to use your tab-esc 2-3s after he circles upward into the air, due to 2-3s immunity(his own tab-escape,). That way he is open to CCs for 34-36s. If you intercepted successfully he will usually use his F-skill, try to block(0,3s) and or use his ice amor(visible by the ice flower on his head  [2-3s]) - don´t attack during that time, since you would just waste a CC and end up frozen(unable to use any dash-skills)

Better backstep and wait until it´s gone.

-> Use Block 0,6-1s after the backstep

I also struggle with blade masters as well, but when I decided to look into the other regions. Most of the top players in other regions are blade masters and warlocks with some assassins.

Also LBM won the finals for 2015 B & S Esports, so it can't be that bad. I think it just takes time to learn our champions.

And if you want to watch a pro play bm against other classes, you can watch this.

http://www.twitch.tv/hanjunho/v/27305708

Note: Most pros derank offline, and then rank up again in stream since the matchmaking is quite long in diamond and also it would be boring to play against the same person over and over.

Moist   

a lot of people don't understand that you can iframe a lot of sin stuff and actually catch them for it
like you can iframe moths so you can still block
you can iframe shadow shuriken

you can catch their 3 restealth with your knock back skill

iframe their tab pull
hell you can even catch their x tp daze if you block behind yourself

it's really all about experience

if you do those things in a match all a lot of sins will panic away their tab.

and some don't have or forget to throw down flower so rip in peace

I don't play bm and I give you guys a lot of credit but at 1800 I vs a lot of high bms and this is the strats they use to catch and kill me

and its hella impressive sometimes cudos to them

a good bm will also know how to like keep me on the ground forever waiting for me to tab.... specially if I waste my ground 2 or catch my 1 chase me after my f so I'm forced to tab or bye bye hp

Edited by Moist

2013 Korean Championships Final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuPzCuXvOsQ

2014 Korean Championships Final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h856ANOEZ7k

Best blademaster, just watch, repeat, apply & train. Did not win 2015 though.

For 2015 in the Finals it was Assassin (Sin) vs Blade Dancer (LBM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBJlJ0ow3Y

Still pretty cool that blade masters of another type are able to win though.

Many of the current pros are BMs, warlocks and destroyers were up there in the semis.

Look, all the classes are pretty much balanced in this game (except destroyer cuz spin2win op). Blademaster may not seem strong but it has alot of chain cc for you to combo, it just takes an incredible amount of skill and this game is all about skill and finding the right time to go in.

Hyu   

I don't care about pros, a blade master novice player should be able to win against destroyer and assassin and summoner novices sometimes. It's bad if it takes a good pvp blade master just to be able to beat a novice player.

Weifong   

Look, all the classes are pretty much balanced in this game (except destroyer cuz spin2win op). Blademaster may not seem strong but it has alot of chain cc for you to combo, it just takes an incredible amount of skill and this game is all about skill and finding the right time to go in.

which means BM players have to put in more effort to win xD there you go.

Sign in to follow this