Sign in to follow this  
Assassin

black desert online < Blade and soul ? Opinions?

Assassin   

B&S already won for me

San jose servers for Black desert online means 100-200 ping 

Was gonna play both(friend offered to buy it at launch)

But I don't play with anything over 50 ping for a PVP game.

Needs a lot of polish too.

Vigor/stanima system preventing me from leveling a skill?

partying means lower exp gains?

Quests run out because grinding mobs is better?

Level 50-51 is the same as 1-50 in korea.

But NA has reduced exp gain by huge margin so takes 40+ hours and prior knowledge to get to 50.

And then the real game begins because you finally get animation canceling for most classes at level 50 area.

Edited by Assassin

Yamyatos   

Sorry but what does that have to do with anything? This is the blade and soul forum, you are definitely in the wrong forum.

The two games arent even that similar, i dont know why people continue to compare them in >>so many threads<<. 

So.. what was your point? You definitely just raged a bit about an other game. Do it in their forum maybe? We dont care?

The only bns related thing you said was "bns already won for me", the following 95% of your post was regarding a completely different game. You could also just arbitrarily post this in every forum you find and say "i play this game, because this other game i cooouuuld have played is shit, and this is the reason why........."

Edited by Yamyatos

Nogueira   

I don't care about pvp, what made me really never look to BDO again is: there's no PVE end-game content.

The game will die 3 months after release if they don't implement raids + tons of dungeons and pve content.

Teisho   

These forums don't need a thread like this here.

This thread is also present on Dojo and it quickly devolved into little more than a meaningless circlejerk.

Assassin   

I don't care about pvp, what made me really never look to BDO again is: there's no PVE end-game content.

The game will die 3 months after release if they don't implement raids + tons of dungeons and pve content.

Yeah the exp rates are horrible and the vigor/energy system.

Don't even get me started.

Game needs alot of work.

My friend offered to buy it for me once it goes live but I'll probably just stick to blade and soul.

It'll be a good time soaker while I sit at level 45 on B&S but other than that I see no reason.

This topic keeps coming up because BDO and BnS are like, the two big, and most anticipated Korean mmorpgs coming to English localization for 2016. 

Assassin   

If BnS had an IP Block for Brazil like BDO, I'd appreciate BnS a tiny bit more.

I love IP blocks.

I wish all games had them.

Gotta be honest.

yeah it is a good feature but we're in 2015 going on 2016 buddy.

VPN's are easy to use.

Even my mother knows how to use a VPN because I showed her so she could play a video game with her friend who moved to Europe.

So yeah...they only really stop people who are ignorant from playing your game.

Which, ironically, is a lot of gamers.

This topic keeps coming up because BDO and BnS are like, the two big, and most anticipated Korean mmorpgs coming to English localization for 2016. 

At the moment Black Desert Online is just Archeage 2.0.

Its really sad.

It has a long way to go before its considered "anticipated" by me.

At the moment Black Desert Online is just Archeage 2.0.

Its really sad.

It has a long way to go before its considered "anticipated" by me.

I believe it's just that first impression situation, a lot of people I bump into always talked about the character customization, but they're soon gonna learn what makes them not motivated to progress rofl

Ethria   

I chose BnS as well.. The only thing that I liked from BDO is the graphics, beside that, rest of the game tired me really fast.... I dont know, maybe its just me.. But I'd be bored of BDO in less than a month maybe... 

TakunDes   

OP sorry but there are several threads regarding to this already. and all of them always ends up the same. - players of said forum defend their own game while bashing the other game. and a ton of flame wars.

Example from Black Desert Forum:   (note a ton of BDO players are heavily biased here).

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1036-blackdesert-bns/

its natural for someone to support the game they like as it is in their forum.

Mishi   

BnS is good, BDO is good.

It just depends what someone likes, as the 2 games cater to different player bases. Like BDO seems to have a lot of elements from Lineage2, like mass pvp: castle sieges, clan wars, ect.. Where BnS has pvp, but is more small scale pvp based. (With the exceptions of factions, however we have not seen how the lvl 50+ content and pvp plays to NA, and on the flip-side for BDO we have not seen if their raids, world bosses, and dungeons will be released with NA as opposed to other regions which didn't get them.)

Rysa   

Two very different games.

BDO is all about graphics. Gameplay is clunky as hell and the game being sandbox makes the PvE content laughable.

BnS has it all, nice graphics, dynamic gameplay and tons of pve/pvp content to keep me entertained for a while. BDO bored the hell out of me after 1 hour.

Tahmoh   

BDO will be a damn good game....in about a year or two once they add the stuff they keep talking about that isnt even out in korea yet.

APSingh   

BDO <<<< BnS , you gonna ask why? i tell you

1. BDO has IP block, so i cannot play, i'm from india, and vpn? have it, but will devs block it? uncertain.

2. BDO has deep crafting mechanism, when i say deep its really deep but not an exceptional story as well as spontaneous and repeated same attack moves

3. BDO is b2p, B2P!!!!!!,who's gonna do that? majority of the people won't play it cause of this.

4. its b2p (buy to play)

5. b2p!!!!!!!!!!!

with BnS you loose the authentic feel of the "deep" crafting system and the obvious visuals, and optimizations and that dreaded "guard" but you get infinite combo battle mechanics, beeeaauuutiiiifulllllll  :o  character customization, deep story :angry: , less grindish  :wub:  and much more fun gameplay, but ofcourse you loose fps, the fps! :ph34r: , how the hell did the devs screw up a dx9 game :huh: ? oh well that, only time will tell.

bought both the super expensive packs of bdo and bns, regret buying the bdo......oh my lovely hard earned money :wacko:  :sob :sob
<_<

Anzriel   

You're in the BnS forums, so of course you're going to get most people agreeing with BnS being better. That being said they're two different games. Black Desert online is an open world sandbox, and assuming they handle it better than Korea/Russia did it'll draw the crowd that enjoys that. Blade and Soul is an instanced game. So those who prefer the that style will play it assuming it doesn't go the p2w route. They aren't competition in the sense that they are aimed at different playstyles, nor are they exclusive.Some people will play both.

To answer your question OP, yes I prefer BnS, but honestly that's just a matter of preference. I pvp, but I also like having PvE content, by which I mean dungeons/raids or something similar. BDO doesn't have these things. so odds are it won't be the game for me.

Neoyoshi   

I like both.

I love Blade & Soul for the Story, Martial Arts, visual aesthetic, Doboks (Costumes/outfits/uniforms), and most of all, for the robust and often colorful Community.

I love BDO for the realistic environments and atmosphere, exploration aspects, Underwater sea-life, the ability to climb on top of almost anything. and i heard the PvP is really super.

-Ayame-   

My first impression from beta1 is that it looks like archeage with better visual and graphic, sandbox nowdays stands for 24/7 farm and crop game, no thx, and tbh no way that i'm gonna compare bns with it, they're poles apart :)

Neoyoshi   

My first impression from beta1 is that it looks like archeage with better visual and graphic, sandbox nowdays stands for 24/7 farm and crop game, no thx, and tbh no way that i'm gonna compare bns with it, they're poles apart :)

Yep, i sort of got that feeling as well during Alpha; which is weird when i say this, because initially when i encountered the gather-able objects all over the place, i was like: "Oh heck yeah! this is gonna be like Skyrim all over again! Picking flowers! oh hell yes i need to pick this up and that up and....."   then i noticed the Stamina gauge... and then i was like:  NOOoooOOOOOooooooOOOO!!!  :(

That sort of thing usually kills it for me pretty much right there because i am super OCD and i need to pick up every thing i see on the ground in an MMO/video game and do every quest i see, but having a Stamina/Limiter-type mechanic throws a wrench into my ability to enjoy something on my time and schedule.    D:

EasleyRR   

If BnS had an IP Block for Brazil like BDO, I'd appreciate BnS a tiny bit more.

Not all Brazilians are the same.  :P

Sign in to follow this