Valiant

What is wrong with EU Server in CBT4 ?

Valiant   

Since day one in CBT4 and I can't play normal at all at night time between 7 pn UTC to 11 pm UTC
All I can see ping around 170 ms and 50 Pack lost ?

Someone else having same problem ? (Special today )

Syko   

It was quite the laggy day for me today, but I thought it was just my internet.

Vogue   

This is by far the worst CBT for EU-Soha in terms of latency / server response. These non-stop desynchronizations make the game completely unplayable and that, for the people who play competitively, is a reason to not play the game at all.

I understand that a beta is not supposed to run flawlessly but what worries me the most is that I'm seeing a pattern here. It was the same when NCsoft had Aion EU and those servers were up and running for years, which leads me to believe that they have the EU B&S servers set on the same lackluster infrastructure and the situation won't improve at launch at all.

They should allow Founder Packs refunds for a few weeks after the launch so people can judge the actual product and performance, but until I hear otherwise, me and my friends are seriously considering refunding our Packs rather than taking the risk of losing a few hundred euros on a product we can't play properly.

Edited by Grunja

Valiant   

This is by far the worst CBT for EU-Soha in terms of latency / server response. These non-stop desynchronizations make the game completely unplayable and that, for the people who play competitively, is a reason to not play the game at all.

I understand that a beta is not supposed to run flawlessly but what worries me the most is that I'm seeing a pattern here. It was the same when NCsoft had Aion EU and those servers were up and running for years, which leads me to believe that they have the EU B&S servers set on the same lackluster infrastructure and the situation won't improve at launch at all.

They should allow Founder Packs refunds for a few weeks after the launch so people can judge the actual product and performance, but until I hear otherwise, me and my friends are seriously considering refunding our Packs rather than taking the risk of losing a few hundred euros on a product we can't play properly.

I afraid from that, most of game this days never care for EU and just run half of server on NA and other on EU

Raloz   

I'm sorry to tell you guys..but i don't think they would do something about that. Ncsoft EU servers was always like this.  :(

Edited by Raloz

VRock   

i think my internet has a bad internet backbone :'( for ncsoft servers.

but i can play cs:go with good ping(THANKS LORD GABEN)

Serati   

I had lots of issues like this last CBT as well but this time everything looks fine for me :p

And if you read you'll find the world server is in eurpe it's just the cash shop in US.

If i read? Do you even know what is Resource Monitor? wait, you don't...

Resource Monitor shows you whatever is connecting throught your network, so if the cash shop is US, okay, sure it will show, and it will also show the EU server's IP, like it did with the shop's IP...but yes, i agree that some people need to read, let's start with you ^^

BH6010   

And if you read you'll find the world server is in eurpe it's just the cash shop in US.

Then you didn't read it carefully. It's not cash shop, it's while data base.

Your character profiles, marketplace, instance information.

During every loading screen my ping goes to 280ms and after it's still around 130-170ms for some short time.

If i read? Do you even know what is Resource Monitor? wait, you don't...

Resource Monitor shows you whatever is connecting throught your network, so if the cash shop is US, okay, sure it will show, and it will also show the EU server's IP, like it did with the shop's IP...but yes, i agree that some people need to read, let's start with you ^^

During every loading screen my ping goes to 280ms and after it's still around 130-170ms for some short time.

My connection with the most data coming through it is 60ms, europe. UK to US is 80ms just for crossing the atlantic.

Valiant   

Some people don't know that Database is the core for game not just the graphics , Like really what EU server do ? Updating the mobs and  bosses for you only ?

But what about your arena score, gear,etc all located in the other side of eath in USA e.e

And I'm not expert with Game design methods but I do think when damage is done it be calculated on Database side

Edited by Valiant

PsyFu   

NcSoft you don't realize how this is impacting the game but new players will be discouraged from buying founders or even playing if you can't even maintain a decent server. I have been here for all the betas and not once have you I seen you address the most important issue of this game in your patch notes. Server performance is paramount for pvp and without it this game will not fare as well as it should. Please change your priorities and stop worrying about cosmetics and get your servers right. You can't expect to build a house on sand and expect it to last very long. Servers are the foundation and what most players will rage about so please at least let us know you are listening or care for our concerns. 

Fael   

Best beta ever here in term of latency (just my feeling, Soha server), and I saw people shoot things like "I have less than 50~ ping, that's awesome!" in the chat (even saw less than 30ms ping...). So, it appears the servers are not the only issue for everyone.

Shiro   

Best beta ever here in term of latency (just my feeling, Soha server), and I saw people shoot things like "I have less than 50~ ping, that's awesome!" in the chat (even saw less than 30ms ping...). So, it appears the servers are not the only issue for everyone.

This is literally the first CBT I encountered frequent disconnects (multiple times a day), massive lag spikes (5 sec lag spikes) often, and small lag spikes (up to 1 sec) ALL the time.

My ping when it's stable is still 35ms though, but server is completely unstable and laggy.

Soha btw

Fael   

This is literally the first CBT I encountered frequent disconnects (multiple times a day), massive lag spikes (5 sec lag spikes) often, and small lag spikes (up to 1 sec) ALL the time.

My ping when it's stable is still 35ms though, but server is completely unstable and laggy.

Soha btw

Weird. I've been playing all day since the start of CBT4,never seen a disconnect, no lag spikes, nothing... It's not always perfect, but never even close to 1 second. The server seems pretty good to me :/

Maybe it depends on your location, I don't know...

Vogue   

Soha btw

Yep it looks the same to me too, ping appears to be fairly steady but it feels like the server just doesn't respond to skills on time or register them at all.

Valiant   

Yep it looks the same to me too, ping appears to be fairly steady but it feels like the server just doesn't respond to skills on time or register them at all.

It not about Ping only, It about the time you lost a packet , Losing packet is way worst than high ping

NcSoft you don't realize how this is impacting the game but new players will be discouraged from buying founders or even playing if you can't even maintain a decent server. I have been here for all the betas and not once have you I seen you address the most important issue of this game in your patch notes. Server performance is paramount for pvp and without it this game will not fare as well as it should. Please change your priorities and stop worrying about cosmetics and get your servers right. You can't expect to build a house on sand and expect it to last very long. Servers are the foundation and what most players will rage about so please at least let us know you are listening or care for our concerns. 

Man I was hyper for that game but now I feel like blah that

Eu server gave me the worst ping I ever saw and the tons of 50 Packet lost is just real

And all what they care for now is just changing and adding costumes, Like the game is lagging and you having late skill build and alot of wrong stuff still you care for Costumes  

Bardo   

This is utter bs! Im getting a ping on 250 and i can go into my car and be in Frankfurt in about 1hour!

That server is Not in EU!

:angry:

this server thingie is so fishy man. 

i keep asking my self " they said they have eu servers but web based stuff goes to Na " and im thinking why u do that unless potato server cant handle the pressure so u devide game n profile market etc to halve pressure ?? lol 

they said its intented ...but i dont know, all i know is that cbt 4 was a lag fest with delays game wasnt responding properlly etc