Sign in to follow this  
Malamasala

The forums are terrible

And with that I mean it is frustrating logging in, reading some threads, and then finding that you are logged out and need to log in again, and logging in never brings you back to the place you were reading at.

Keep me logged in please.

Korgi   

I wouldn't say that the forums are terrible...but while we are on the subject it would also be nice to be able to apply a profile pic directly from in-game screenshots. I figured support for this would have been a given, but to my surprise when I tried to change my profile pic to an in-game screenshot of my character no matter what I did it would not work. Can we please have this be a thing. :)

Yamyatos   

Workaround:

How i do it is.. go to general discussions, open all threads i'm interested in, IF there is something i want to reply on:

- Press middle mouse button on the log in (will open in new tab)

- Close tab

- Refresh all forum tabs so you are logged in

You shouldnt be randomly logged out tho. If you refresh the tabs, you are logged in on every tab. If you dont refresh, you arent logged in of cource (how would be page know?^^). Maybe you confused that and logged in to reply to some post and then clicked on another tab and thought you were logged out, but you really just didnt refresh after logging in.

The only annoying thing is that i sometimes lose interest in replying when i realise that i still have to validate my email... that kinda annoys me lately, more and more every day. Cant imagine how annoying it would be in a few months after launch or so where we literally log in every day.

But as far as forum goes, that's the best way to do it. Or just log in when entering the forum generally... but if you're like me and just want to check what's new before logging in, do it like described above :)

But generally speaking, yeah you are right. Working with the forum is kinda annoying. After logging in you should land on the page you clicked the "log in" button, like on every other forum too.

Sylla   

I need to confirm that im logging from the same location with a verify mail every time i sleep my pc -.-

I know is to keep it safe but its a bit annoying.

Sign in to follow this