Sign in to follow this  
Medyr

Your angel

Medyr   

Hello.

Please tell me that outfit is a mistake or a momentary lapse in intelligence. Why not make a "real" male version, instead of thing? I mean really, is this 1990 and I'm not aware of? Is this the direction the developers are choosing? Because if it is, I will regret buying the master pack.

Anyway, leaving that unintelligent offensive nonsense behind and hoping it was a "glitch", so to speak, will post a bug I noticed in this beta in the apropriate topic.

Edited by Avenger
Moderator edit : Language

Nihagi   

Is this were we should reply with,

"If you think clothing in the real life is gender locked, then its just you that are narrow-minded?"

Look at it this way.. KOREAN devs made the costume intended for females.. and they just made it available for males as well for the giggles..

Please grow some less homophobic balls and some humor.

Shirou   

You got something with h0mo people or what?

Also, can't you just ignore this dobok? Just ignore it. Or press ctrl+f. Even myself I can't stand it but is not topic to open on forum.

Edited by Shirou

Ango   

I discovered the dress by accident while randomly trying on all the stuff available in the store yesterday and while I'm quite satisfied with my Jin's appearance on the whole, it was immediately obvious to me, that he unfortunately doesn't have the legs for short skirts.

Di'el   

They make this kind of stuff for every April as an April fools joke. There is a nurse outfit version as well.

TecoTek   

i like the costume, i think its rly funny :D

and i dont see how it is homophobic xd

i rather buy it for my male chars than my females tbh xD

Medyr   

No, clothing is not gender-locked in real life. That's not the issue here. If this was a situation where the ones in question would be intelligent people who wanted to make an all inclusive game, clothing wise, then it would be perfectly fine. However, I really really doubt this is the case here. That outfit was done as a gay panic joke or generally homophobic. So the fact that a man wearing a dress is fine has nothing to do with this situation.

I saw some replies addressing this so I wanted to explain a bit my stance on the matter and why it does bother me.

As for the koreans being the ones who made it... well, cultural differences aside (and they're track record is sad on this subject so they don't really have a moral high ground here, so not much room for debate), we're talking about how it is here. Far be it from me to add to the great debate of our time, whether it was appropriate or correct to change certain quests when bringing the game here (the 3 women bathing quest for example), but this is something that "doesn't translate well" if it is indeed a case of that.

To sum it up: if I knew the outfit was done with a simple intention of being as inclusive as possible, I wouldn't care and it wouldn't be at issue at all. I do know that's not the case though, so I do care, because I make a point of never using my pink dollar to support companies that are homophobic.

Edited by Medyr

The developers aren't going in any direction. They've already been there. The outfit has been out for years, literally. From the Korean devs. The game has been out for 4 years. 99% of the outfits you see weren't touched by the NA devs whatsoever. 

Men dressing in drag for humor is not something I would call maliciously homophobic.

Teisho   

Did you know that there are men who cross dress?

Is cross dressing homophobic too?

Edited by Teisho

Korgi   

As a irl gay male I do not find this outfit homophobic in the least, infact I thought it was awesome...and was one of the first things I used my test Ncoin to buy! One of the things that I love about Blade & Soul so far is the fact that (nearly) every outfit has a male option as well as the female one. I think the real issue here is the fact that seeing an outfit that looks this feminine on a male character is not common, so when such is encountered it can spark controversy. But I am absolutely fine with it...and I do not see myself taking it off anytime in the near future. xD

Shoshin   

No, clothing is not gender-locked in real life. That's not the issue here. If this was a situation where the ones in question would be intelligent people who wanted to make an all inclusive game, clothing wise, then it would be perfectly fine. However, I really really doubt this is the case here. That outfit was done as a gay panic joke or generally homophobic. So the fact that a man wearing a dress is fine has nothing to do with this situation.

I saw some replies addressing this so I wanted to explain a bit my stance on the matter and why it does bother me.

As for the koreans being the ones who made it... well, cultural differences aside (and they're track record is sad on this subject so they don't really have a moral high ground here, so not much room for debate), we're talking about how it is here. Far be it from me to add to the great debate of our time, whether it was appropriate or correct to change certain quests when bringing the game here (the 3 women bathing quest for example), but this is something that "doesn't translate well" if it is indeed a case of that.

To sum it up: if I knew the outfit was done with a simple intention of being as inclusive as possible, I wouldn't care and it wouldn't be at issue at all. I do know that's not the case though, so I do care, because I make a point of never using my pink dollar to support companies that are homophobic.

How is making an outfit that is meant for women also available for men homophobic? If the developers were homophobic, they would do the exact opposite and refuse to have any outfits on men that could be even slightly construed as "gender inappropriate". Homophobic means you're scared of gays and you avoid anything to do with that culture. Making an outfit like the angel one and allowing males to wear it and show it as it is is anything but scared or homophobic. And honestly, you're the only one who seems to have a problem with this.

Oh, and just so you know, not a homophobic or gay person in this group, but we still had a helluva time with the new costume being funny with it: http://imgur.com/a/3c66Y

Images courtesy of Eterna Gaming!

Shoshin   

Dear god please tell me this thread is a prank or some flame-bait thread.

Nobody is this brain dead, right?

some-men.jpeg

durillu   

As a bisexual I find this outfit absolutely fabulous.

Stop trying to ruin other people's fun you homophobic puritain.

I think the idea OP was getting at is that outfits like this are usually used to play on "gay panic", as they said, where the straight dudes that make up most gaming communities will EXPLODE upon seeing stuff like this. They came for tits and ass and they're adding ways to show off my male characters thighs, what the hell! I'm not gay! Why are they calling me gay! NCSoft wants me to be gay and I'm not! It's not a completely unfounded concern, since I've seen posts on B&S Dojo saying that they need to stop with "this gay sh*t" after adding another one of these outfits to the KR cash shop. 

There's an argument to be made about the whole idea of male drag being played for humor being homophobic(or misogynist) for sure, but it's not one to be had here. Nor is it something that should be a dealbreaker. You're already playing a game that thinks breasts behave like water balloons, there's a lot more to take issue with than an outfit that could be homophobic. Relax, honestly. There's bigger fish to fry.

Sylla   

Is this were we should reply with,

"If you think clothing in the real life is gender locked, then its just you that are narrow-minded?"

Look at it this way.. KOREAN devs made the costume intended for females.. and they just made it available for males as well for the giggles..

Please grow some less homophobic balls and some humor.

Tired of these kind of people. They find disgusting everything.

Stop bashing people and let them be happy for once...

And yes, in gon males are way amusing.

Naunet   

I think the idea OP was getting at is that outfits like this are usually used to play on "gay panic", as they said, where the straight dudes that make up most gaming communities will EXPLODE upon seeing stuff like this. They came for tits and ass and they're adding ways to show off my male characters thighs, what the hell! I'm not gay! Why are they calling me gay! NCSoft wants me to be gay and I'm not! It's not a completely unfounded concern, since I've seen posts on B&S Dojo saying that they need to stop with "this gay sh*t" after adding another one of these outfits to the KR cash shop. 

There's an argument to be made about the whole idea of male drag being played for humor being homophobic(or misogynist) for sure, but it's not one to be had here. Nor is it something that should be a dealbreaker. You're already playing a game that thinks breasts behave like water balloons, there's a lot more to take issue with than an outfit that could be homophobic. Relax, honestly. There's bigger fish to fry.

I definitely understand the OP's sentiment, and I think this hits the nail on the head. The "homosexual as a joke" trope is homophobic at its core. That said, there are so few games that actually provide some equal opportunity sexiness, I'm hesitant to label this as such. It's nice to see both the female and male character models getting the "ridiculous" treatment.

Avenger   

Greetings,

Topic locked. We don't want this kind of debate here.

The Blade & Soul Community represents an incredibly diverse population, with members coming from a wide range of backgrounds and our Code of Conduct helps ensure these forums are a safe place for all of them.

Thank you.

Regards,

Team Blade & Soul.