Sign in to follow this  
Sylla

Voices.

Sylla   

Sorry if this already has been sugested...

Can you make optional to have the original koran voices, pretty please?

There are people that really enjoy hearing them, like me.

CycLee   

It is well wished but to date, NC stated that they wont do it as it would inflat the client to much. I still hope that they one day will give us the option to download the original soundpack.

Edited by CycLee

Its more than easy enough to port the voice over, but apparently the client is too full for another voice set when there are French, and German packs that I'll probably never use is taking up the space. I took a look at the files and they had French and German already downloaded whether you want to or not. Why not just give the option to choose which language(s) we want at the start?

I personally want JP or CN mainly because I actually know those language. I would probably be happy if all the UI, quest, and boss names can be changed to another language like WoW. I live in CA but English isn't my first language and changing the game from English to my native language would be a huge help.

Games like Elsword kept the original voices. While I don't understand what they say some times I love they way they sound.

Edited by Darkshana

Agree in having voices in other language since the English voices looks like amateur voices not even recorded in a studio. No offense to the team but they didn't invest too much in this aspect and the voices sound really avarage.

Sylla   

Its more than easy enough to port the voice over, but apparently the client is too full for another voice set when there are French, and German packs that I'll probably never use is taking up the space. I took a look at the files and they had French and German already downloaded whether you want to or not. Why not just give the option to choose which language(s) we want at the start?

I personally want JP or CN mainly because I actually know those language. I would probably be happy if all the UI, quest, and boss names can be changed to another language like WoW. I live in CA but English isn't my first language.

You have a good point there.

There are some npc muted. Probably it was for the other languages as you said. It is a waste, really. It would be much better have them original than nothing.

Agree in having voices in other language since the English voices looks like amateur voices not even recorded in a studio. No offense to the team but they didn't invest too much in this aspect and the voices sound really avarage.

Couldnt say it better. But they still pretty fit.

---

Another point to add is that we know the game from other places. Making so much effort traducing for us to repeat the story over and over is not that good idea.

Edited by Sylla

I don't want french and german. Why force me to waste bandwidth on  things I don't want, and then tell me I can't have what I want because they wasted my bandwidth?

Just spend a weekend programming a real solution. Checkboxes for what vocies you want downloaded, and then it solves everything. I hate MMO publishers who don't use the power of PC to solve problems but just go back to "We tried delivering the best experience DOS 6.0 could deliver. And it only allows copy files".

Edit: I actually found the check boxes in the launcher. The whole system is there and you need only to spend one day adding a new language. If they don't offer these additional languages it is all because they are cheap and don't want to pay for more voice support.

Edited by Malamasala

Sign in to follow this