Sign in to follow this  
Farrangis

WTFast Question

Hello guys, I lived in Saskatchewan, Canada and I have around 90-95 ping to the NA server. It's not too bad but I am thinking of buying 1 month subscription of WTFast Advance just to try out to see how it is like. Now, my question to you guys who've used WTFast is, does it increase your game play experience? If yes, how much ping has it been reduced? I read and it says 30-60%, is it true?

Thanks

Depends really, in my experience if your Ping is already relatively low, it doesn't do much of anything. It only really seemed to help when you connect to foreign servers. It may help you but not 30-60

Depends really, in my experience if your Ping is already relatively low, it doesn't do much of anything. It only really seemed to help when you connect to foreign servers. It may help you but not 30-60

Yeah I figured as well.

I'm from Toronto Ontario, i get 70-80, with wtfast it get 45-50.

Thanks for the info, 45-50 seems very nice. Does WTFast program have the ping meter to tell you what is the ping from your location to the server?

Darkark   

Yeah I figured as well.

Thanks for the info, 45-50 seems very nice. Does WTFast program have the ping meter to tell you what is the ping from your location to the server?

yea wtfast has its own ping meter u can try it for free wtfast beta.

PsyFu   

It seems like you are not getting the optimal connection from Canada if you are getting 90-95 and the other guy is 45ish. Try doing manual connection and sort by Ping. Then pick a server in Texas so you are connecting to the Wtfast server close to the game server.

Anvh   

yea wtfast has its own ping meter u can try it for free wtfast beta.

but... the ping it says is not the game ping but the ping of the nodes.

Anyway if you routing is already good then WTFast will only make things slowed because you add their nodes in your line.

It only really helps if your route gets routed in a bad way or over bad nodes, with a VPN you can help to correct that.

Edited by Anvh

Tsuku   

Anyway if you routing is already good then WTFast will only make things slowed because you add their nodes in your line.

It only really helps if your route gets routed in a bad way or over bad nodes, with a VPN you can help to correct that.

+1

Sometimes your routing would take bizarre points that doesn't make any kind of since, like you passing by some random point in EU and then back to US just to connect to the NA server, this is where WTFast supposedly gonna be beneficial, trying to test it myself as I'm having routing issues with LOL. Will feed you back :) 

It seems like you are not getting the optimal connection from Canada if you are getting 90-95 and the other guy is 45ish. Try doing manual connection and sort by Ping. Then pick a server in Texas so you are connecting to the Wtfast server close to the game server.

Yeah! My ping is double of what he got, I am not sure if ISP has to do anything with that. In where I live, we only have 2 ISPs and they are both not very good, but there is not much of what I can do. I am not sure about Toronto, they might have better ISP.

You mean manual connection and sort by ping via WTFast program? If yes, then I have to wait until CBT4 about to open to test that. I will buy the 2 days trial just to see if there is any improvement. 

I am not sure whether my routing is good or bad, is there a way to check that?

I heard of VPN alot and I did some look up for it, but to what I am understanding is, you connect to the server you want privately with a password or something?

+1

Sometimes your routing would take bizarre points that doesn't make any kind of since, like you passing by some random point in EU and then back to US just to connect to the NA server, this is where WTFast supposedly gonna be beneficial, trying to test it myself as I'm having routing issues with LOL. Will feed you back :)

Alright! Thanks

Anvh   

I am not sure whether my routing is good or bad, is there a way to check that?

I heard of VPN alot and I did some look up for it, but to what I am understanding is, you connect to the server you want privately with a password or something?

WTFast is a VPN ^^

To run traceroute on Windows:

Open the command prompt. Go to Start > Run. ...

In the command prompt, type: tracert hostname. ...

You may have to wait up to a minute or more for the test to complete. ...

WTFast has some questionable marketing though >>

Edited by Anvh

AttacKat   

FYI: YMMV with WTFast.

Tried it on TW, free mode worked, but only reduced 20-30ms ping from an avg of 200-230, hence opt'd to go w/o it anyways.

Tried the paid version on TW, kept crashing the game and reboots my system whenever the game goes into load screen with the "runner" at the bottom.

I know for many it works well, but I am just adding my experience just in case you are one of those that runs into a brick wall with the "paid" version like what happened to me.

Hello guys, I lived in Saskatchewan, Canada and I have around 90-95 ping to the NA server. It's not too bad but I am thinking of buying 1 month subscription of WTFast Advance just to try out to see how it is like. Now, my question to you guys who've used WTFast is, does it increase your game play experience? If yes, how much ping has it been reduced? I read and it says 30-60%, is it true?

Thanks

As opposed to what others have said, it completely depends on the location you are connecting to/from. I used it for League and BnS in some overseas servers, and it gave me odd results. In league of legends it worked out okayish, but for the other BnS servers it INCREASED my ping.

WTFast is a VPN ^^

To run traceroute on Windows:

Open the command prompt. Go to Start > Run. ...

In the command prompt, type: tracert hostname. ...

You may have to wait up to a minute or more for the test to complete. ...

WTFast has some questionable marketing though >>

Ohhh I see, do I have to have the game running before I type in the command to check the routing?

Thanks lots!

FYI: YMMV with WTFast.

Tried it on TW, free mode worked, but only reduced 20-30ms ping from an avg of 200-230, hence opt'd to go w/o it anyways.

Tried the paid version on TW, kept crashing the game and reboots my system whenever the game goes into load screen with the "runner" at the bottom.

I know for many it works well, but I am just adding my experience just in case you are one of those that runs into a brick wall with the "paid" version like what happened to me.

Thank you for this info, I will try both the free version and just to be on the safe side, I will also only purchase the 2 days membership for this CBT 4 to test out the result to see if I am one of those bad luck people.

As opposed to what others have said, it completely depends on the location you are connecting to/from. I used it for League and BnS in some overseas servers, and it gave me odd results. In league of legends it worked out okayish, but for the other BnS servers it INCREASED my ping.

Thanks, I hope it will give me good result too hehe. I like that Big Bold Capital word INCREASE :)

Sign in to follow this