Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix Shi

Some stackable items, don't always stack

There were times, particularly with accessories, where even though they had the same name, and were both sealed, the newly received item didn't want to stack with one I already had. For instance, I had a stack of a couple green quality Cinderlands Earrings already, but the new one didn't want to stack with those, even if I picked it up, and dropped it on the stack, the two items would just swap places, rather than stack together. Same happened with green quality CInderlands Rings, and the odd other item.

Shoshin   

There were times, particularly with accessories, where even though they had the same name, and were both sealed, the newly received item didn't want to stack with one I already had. For instance, I had a stack of a couple green quality Cinderlands Earrings already, but the new one didn't want to stack with those, even if I picked it up, and dropped it on the stack, the two items would just swap places, rather than stack together. Same happened with green quality CInderlands Rings, and the odd other item.

I can't be positive this is what was happening for you, but occasionally I would get two items of the same name but one was trade-able and the other wasn't and they would not stack due to that difference.

I can't be positive this is what was happening for you, but occasionally I would get two items of the same name but one was trade-able and the other wasn't and they would not stack due to that difference.

I carefully looked them over at the time, and I screen captured two examples, showing both stacks as I ran into them to look at them later. The item info pop-ups were shown as completely 100% identical in every way, if one could not be traded, it'd have "can not trade" in said info, none did. Since they were visually completely identical, showing no reason why they couldn't stack, and someone could always still doubt what I'm saying, I didn't really see the value of uploading them somewhere to post here. Due to that I just described them in the write up, with the item name, and rarity, then noted that I did try to manually stack them by selecting one, and dropping it on the the other, since stackable items received in some ways don't automatically stack, but doing so still didn't work to get them to stack.

happend to me too. just press the "sort " button in your inventory, it should help

No, you're not getting it. What you're referring to is those cases where if you get something in some way where items don't automatically stack on their own when they go in your inventory. In those cases you could pick them up, and manually stack them, or use sort. As I said though, in these cases, that didn't work, they would not stack at all.

GnatB   

Just some theories:

1.  Translation issue, they were actually different names in foreign versions that happened to be translated to the same name in our version.

2.  They would have been different things once identified, and the actual thing they are is determined before you actually pick them up.  So while they may have the same name prior to indentification, they really are different items.

(From what I remember, crafting jewelry I had the option to make offensive or defensive stuff, but I don't remember the resulting item name being different.  Can't remember whether they cross-stacked though.  I wasn't really paying all that much attention since I was just making it to be fodder, and never ID'd it anyways)

That said, I'd assume if you want the devs to fix it, they need to know the exact name of the item(s) in question.  (assuming it's #1 and not #2.  If it's #2, it's probably how it is supposed to work.

That said, I'd assume if you want the devs to fix it, they need to know the exact name of the item(s) in question.  (assuming it's #1 and not #2.  If it's #2, it's probably how it is supposed to work.

I already provided the names, Cinderlands Earrings, and Cinderlands Rings, all of the green rarity, the ones that didn't want to stack together had the same icon, and exact same item info tool-tip info as well, and all were received as mob drops.

Edited by Phoenix Shi

Sign in to follow this