Sign in to follow this  
ARC-1276

Avoiding P2W

ARC-1276   

So me and my buddies were playing this game over the entire closed beta weekend and one of my friends discovered that mobs didn't give her any sort of in game currency. Me and my other friend tried the same mobs and got a lot of currency out of them. The issues was that me and the other guy were Premium players (me having been given the Premium status). So the only question is: Can you make it so all mobs drop the in game currency and nerf the perks one gets from Premium membership?

On another note, Hongmoon coins are unavailable to free players as for the only way to get one of the crafting ingredients is through the "Dragon Express" which is only for Premium players. My suggestion would be to make them available via loot wheel or from dungeon bosses.

Please do impliement the previously suggested changes to help this game not instantly die the second it's released.

Thank you.

Shoshin   

So me and my buddies were playing this game over the entire closed beta weekend and one of my friends discovered that mobs didn't give her any sort of in game currency. Me and my other friend tried the same mobs and got a lot of currency out of them. The issues was that me and the other guy were Premium players (me having been given the Premium status). So the only question is: Can you make it so all mobs drop the in game currency and nerf the perks one gets from Premium membership?

On another note, Hongmoon coins are unavailable to free players as for the only way to get one of the crafting ingredients is through the "Dragon Express" which is only for Premium players. My suggestion would be to make them available via loot wheel or from dungeon bosses.

Please do impliement the previously suggested changes to help this game not instantly die the second it's released.

Thank you.

On the first point, premium members only get an increase to gold earned. If your friend is not getting any money whatsoever from mobs that you are getting money from, then that is more than likely a bug and needs to be reported. If the mob dropped no money, then not even a premium player would get money. Keep in mind that certain mobs do not drop money at all to begin with.

On Hongmoon Coins, there is more than one tab in the inventory one that anyone can use and another for premium members only. The one with the ingredients for the hongmoon coins is accessible by everyone. Also keep in mind that you can sell gold to other players and receive hongmoon coins in return.

And just FYI, even if they didn't implement all of these things the game would not be P2W, it would be pay to progress faster. Tired of explaining that. There is nothing you can pay for that gives you a stat or equipment advantage over F2P players that F2P players cannot obtain themselves, even if it takes a lot longer. Players who spend real $$ might reach the top of PvE a lot sooner, but once everyone else catches up and things are maxed out then they can't buy their wins. Also, this is majorly a PvP game and in the Arena your $$ doesn't matter. The fact that you think the game would die instantly is laughable.

Edited by Shoshin

Purple   

1. You must have been killing mobs that where worth practically nothing.

2. The first Dragon Express tab anyone can use.

The game wont die on release from things you want changing that where wrong anyway

what a laughable statement.

Edited by Purple

what a laughable statement.

Shoshin   

Please then, do inform me how do you get Hongmoon coins without being Premium first?

Did you even read my reply? You don't have to be a premium member to push the button in your inventory and bring up the tab that lets you create the items needed for Hongmoon Coins. You only need to be premium to use the second tab in that button that lets you buy premium items.

ARC-1276   

Then why is it that when I wasn't Premium I couldn't use the Dragon Express? 

Is that a bug, or locked behind a level requirement? Do explain this please.

Only the tab with the Premium icon on it is restricted to Premium Members.  The other current tab and additional tabs we will add in the future for event item redemption, Naryu coin redemption, etc. will be available to all players.

Hongmoon Coin can be earned by combining Venture Tokens and Dragonstones as well as selling gold on the Currency Exchange.  Both of these methods are available to all players, but Premium Members will receive additional Hongmoon Coins as you can see from the link in dustmade's post.

.x.   

When I am grinding mobs, they dropped 1 copper, but when I had not applied my premium I got nothing. So if the premium is getting 1 copper, that means the non-premium is getting nothing.

TakunDes   

Ever tried the current exchange tab where you can change gold into Hongmoon coin?

i would suggest doing more research about the game before posting. this has been asked many times now

Meese   

When I am grinding mobs, they dropped 1 copper, but when I had not applied my premium I got nothing. So if the premium is getting 1 copper, that means the non-premium is getting nothing.

Low level mobs dont much coin whatsoever so if youre grinding on those, then youre just wasting time. Do side quests instead if you want to get money faster. What you get from those and main questline will be enough for you to get by to lv45 if you are smart about what you are unsealing, unlocking etc. Higher level mobs drop a lot more coin (mobs in Misty Woods can drop about 20-30 copper from what Ive seen). If non-premiums arent getting 1 copper from the low level mobs, I can only assume that this is an unintended relation between the premium bonus (which I believe is 100%) and non-existent coin drops. However, I can assure you that its not that much of an advantage because no one should be grinding low level mobs for coin. If you really want coin, do what I did and grind on the first world boss and open all the soulshield packs you get from the wheel and sell each individually to the npc. you'll make coin in no time.

Hongmoon coin can be crafted by everyone, sure Premium gets a bonus in that too, but it doesnt mean that its not an option for everyone. That tab is (or should be, otherwise there's a bug) available to everyone, non-premiums just cant use the premium tab and sell items on the go.

Edited by Meese

So i read this thread and for me it shows, you can craft Hongmoon coins without Premium but you can´t use them until you bought Premium?

GnatB   

So i read this thread and for me it shows, you can craft Hongmoon coins without Premium but you can´t use them until you bought Premium?

Nope.  Unless there's a bug, you can both craft and use Hongmoon coins w/o premium.  However premium users get more Hongmoon coins per craft.  (not sure how much more, but say regularly you get 100-150 coins from a craft, premium may get 110-165)

got some items from Daily Dash to craft hongmoon coins and i bought 10 dragon...... to craft them im premium and i had chance to get 200-250 i think.

GnatB   

got some items from Daily Dash to craft hongmoon coins and i bought 10 dragon...... to craft them im premium and i had chance to get 200-250 i think.

Yeah.  There's different quality "venture tokens" or whatever they're called, each has it's own range of resulting hongmoon coins.  Though AFAIK they all require the same 10 dragonstones regardless of how many hongmoon coins you can get.

(IIRC Green "Venture Tokens" give in the 100's, blue "Brilliant Venture Tokens" are, as you say, in the 200's, and the purple ones (don't know name) I *think* somebody said are in the 500's.)

I honestly don't mind paying something for a quality product. It's that money that's going towards better content such as expansions, game upgrades , etc. I haven't played the game yet and I'm really looking forward to it. Games that are too far down the path of f2p end up dying or being terrible.  This one looks well worth every penny. A lot of people put a lot of hard work into this game and I would never expect them to just give it away for free, I wouldn't. That being said if I see that the updates are too few, and if it looks like my money is going to waste than I will lead the charge with you :) ...  This was a rhetorical statement. Just an opinion. Please no angry nerd rage about not having a job etc. 

" If your good at something never do it for free..." - The Joker. 

Sign in to follow this