Sign in to follow this  
Florescu

Blade dancer/Summoner balance issues....PL

Florescu   

The blade dancer in pvp is one of the most unfair classes to go against next to the summoner. Why you might ask? The blade dancers have a spinning parry/immunity ability that they can passively spam. Take the assassin or the kung fu master for example they have parries correct? Their parries have a fairly slow animation cast, do they not? You can usually tell when they're about to parry from a mile away since you can see an animation cast.

The blade dancer has an instantaneous cast which is also an aoe spin that breaks stealth if you're an assassin and rendering any cc useless, on top of that if you get caught in his/her spin you get stunned and put into a combo the blade dancer can spam this move until they win it is unbelievable... Why does this class get an aoe parry/invulnerability. Such anti fun and game breaking in my opinion. i have faced this class some many times in pvp and the only time i beat them is if they''re new and don't spam that ability. If there was at least a cool down on the spin there would be counter play but there isn't and its instant...

Now moving on to the summoner, the biggest problem facing this class in pvp is that as an assassin and honesty anyone with a gap closer, is the cat because he always blocks off the way to the summoner essentially forcing the player to kill the cat while the summoner beats on you senselessly. I really don't understand how this is a fun game mechanic his pet should have some spacing but he's lock to his *cricket*ing waist so anytime i cast an ability the cat body blocks it...then the cat just cc's you into a kung fu master down ability while the summoner takes away half your hp. This class is such a joke you can essentialy get carried by your pet and stand off and do nothing and watch... 

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADDRESS THESE BALANCE ISSUES. I honestly love this game so much but these classes are a joke in pvp so little counter play its unbelievable especially as an assassin anytime you get behind them stealth is broken because they have aoe stuns etc...

Another minor issue is there are random lag spikes constantly i live in Na East so idk if its just the region or what

Edited by Florescu

Tarask   

I played as a summoner, done some PvP, my problems came from... many classes... when well played...
As an assassin, if you just switch with the pet, then combo the master, you win... that's all, in 2 combo you kill it... Nothing hard. (and the summoner can't even move half your speed)
In tag match and with other classes played, i've seen the main difficulties coming from :

-destroyer : can take much damage, and you can't get near them as they spawn their hurricane...

-Blade dancer : because you can't get near them, with the mechanics you described, even if you're a ranged class, as they can move fastly to you.
-assassin : because of perma-stealth, you can't target them, they hit you while still stealthed (!), then go to the opposite side of the arena, the time you get to them, their cd's are over, and here we go again...
-blade master : they can do almost everything, i've seen a good blademaster disposing of full team alone, many times lol

That's the game, i don't think it's unbalanced when we see for how long it's been running, but we need to play and master all classes to be able to face it, even if some mechanism are harder to counter...

Tarask

Ellz   

This is a Learn 2 Play issue. Not a bug issue.

Lyn Blade dancers spin here's the real main points about it:

-it has a 1 second cooldown. 

-the parry lasts for the first 0.5 seconds of the spin, so you're probably going to want to be aware of that. 

-it uses 2 chi, it's not "spammable" since we sacrifice a chi to use it. Unlock block or counter.

As an assassin you should have more than enough utility to make a LBM waste his chi. But I imagine you are always making it obvious when you are going to attack. 

Predictability in this game is a death sentence, sins are the only class I would say where you literally have all the time in the world once played properly. 

Freckles   

OP: No offense but you probably dont know how to play your assassin quite well just yet.

I'm summoner, and most assassins kill my pet first in 5 seconds. Also us summoners, don't just stand and do nothing while the pet does the work like you seem to assume.... First of all there are like 5 pet skills that you can do back to back, and that is only if you're not countered. Then once the rotation is done, there's a crazy long cd, so the pet doesn't really do much. 

If I just stood there and do nothing while my pet helps me, I would be dead in 2 seconds. It's not as easy as you assume at all. Most of our skills have long cd, and we have much less HP comparing to other classes, because our hp gets kinda split between the pet and ourselves. 

Ddrayg   

summs are far for being op (an no i do not play one, i main kfm and bm) and blade dancers are op so are destroyers but is not because of their mechanichs, the current patch is broken for pvp, we have no lv 50 or hongmoon lvs and the hp pool is nerfed (you have more skills points and 45k+ hp in asian servers)

Esuna   

I'm summoner, and most assassins kill my pet first in 5 seconds

A good summoner won't let that happen. The cat can become nearly invincible for a few seconds, and the ability has a very short cooldown. Just use it whenever the assassin tries to kill the kitty.

Sign in to follow this