My FPS is horrible (under 15)

Running win7 on a desktop dell.. 

Intel® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory : 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory : 12270MB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Why do I have 15 FPS and lower?

Your GPU is kinda bad.. lol.

Is that the video card? What's a good one? Also the "lol" was unnecessary. If you can't be helpful without being a condescending jerk, then don't bother. 

Edited by QueenSheba

Kounat   

Lmfao

The "lol" was very necessary

I can be helpful any way I please

There's many good cards, are you looking to purchase a new one? List a price and I'll give you an idea of what's affordable and what would run BNS perfectly fine in every instance.

Lmfao

The "lol" was very necessary

I can be helpful any way I please

There's many good cards, are you looking to purchase a new one? List a price and I'll give you an idea of what's affordable and what would run BNS perfectly fine in every instance.

Lol. as cheap as possible. 

First your CPU is a 4 core with 8 threads more info here http://ark.intel.com/products/52213/Intel-Core-i7-2600-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

It will show as 8 cpu's in windows

Next the HD7700 well it's a GPU that should hit the 60 fps but is no remarkable card, at the time it was better to have the HD79XX cards.

Any way you should hit better FPS around 60.

So time for the checklist

Are all drivers uptodate?

How long is win7 installed (the longer it's installed it slows down bottlenecking the PC)

Is any hardware  working correctly for example if a Harddisk is old it's can getting errors and getting the system resources overloaded.

In task manager you will see a HDD load of 100% and bottlenecking your PC.

Other stuff and is harder to test.

Is your CPU at it's end of life?

Is you ram getting errors.

Please understand hardware that is older then 2 years in this case around 3 and a older OS will make troubleshooting harder.

Best advice do clean install of your windows.

If the troubles stay the same start thinking about the hardware.

I will never say upgrade because most hardware nowadays should work.

But if you are looking for 120 fps in your games yeah it's time to upgrade. 

Edited by Silverwolvie

First your CPU is a 4 core with 8 threads more info here http://ark.intel.com/products/52213/Intel-Core-i7-2600-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

It will show as 8 cpu's in windows

Next the HD7700 well it's a GPU that should hit the 60 fps but is no remarkable card, at the time it was better to have the HD79XX cards.

Any way you should hit better FPS around 60.

So time for the checklist

Are all drivers uptodate?

How long is win7 installed (the longer it's installed it slows down bottlenecking the PC)

Is any hardware  working correctly for example if a Harddisk is old it's can getting errors and getting the system resources overloaded.

In task manager you will see a HDD load of 100% and bottlenecking your PC.

Other stuff and is harder to test.

Is your CPU at it's end of life?

Is you ram getting errors.

Please understand hardware that is older then 2 years in this case around 3 and a older OS will make troubleshooting harder.

Best advice do clean install of your windows.

If the troubles stay the same start thinking about the hardware.

I will never say upgrade because most hardware nowadays should work.

But if you are looking for 120 fps in your games yeah it's time to upgrade. 

Thanks. As far as I know everything is up to date and in working order. Earlier this year I had fried my hard drive and had to send the PC in for repair and replace the HD. Ever since then I have a problem with (I think the graphics card) when playing games and using DivX (it freezes for a few seconds randomly). My drivers are up to date, everything is up to date. I really don't know what the problem is. 

I think I heard about it when I was playing in CN server. They said that the Engine they used to make blade and soul has some flaws. Regardless of how buff your hardware are they said that you will occasionally face frame rate issues.

Thanks. As far as I know everything is up to date and in working order. Earlier this year I had fried my hard drive and had to send the PC in for repair and replace the HD. Ever since then I have a problem with (I think the graphics card) when playing games and using DivX (it freezes for a few seconds randomly). My drivers are up to date, everything is up to date. I really don't know what the problem is. Ok cool

Ok cool yeah then you should check into that graphics card.

The thing is what to take ;) I am no fanboy of either Nvidia or AMD I myself buy what I can afford.

Either brand gave me results so.. 

If you don't want to spend a lot of money check out the Nvidia 700 series 750 and up

If it's AMD go for the R7 series 250 and up.

Off course I recommend Nvidia 900 serie or AMD R9 series but I don't know your budget

Somethings off. I loaded the game on my old rig the kids use now for homework an e8400 3.0 Wolfdale Core Duo, 8GB ram and a older HD6700. Game plays fairly smooth at around 35-40 FPS with the in game slider set to 3.

12GB of ram is an odd number for an intel chip, if you added 4 or 8 GB yourself I'd check the MB spec make sure that combo is fully supported.

Are you running Win7 64b or 32b version? Needs to be 64b or it won't be able to use all your RAM.

I wouldn't worry about DivX that software is mostly bloated crapware, I've yet to see it run well on any machine.

Double check sound, chipset, and mouse driver versions make sure theres no update available. Maybe re-install DX packages to make sure nothing got over written with a bad file. As Silver suggested a full wipe and clean install may be in order.

For the most part I've been very impressed with BnS performance, it runs way better then Rift on all my hardware and Rift is an older game.

NSBOP   

Cheap as possible it doesn't help at all.Depend of your budget 750 TI < R9 370X < GTX 950 TI < GTX 960 (R9 380 is waste of money).7R9 370x and gtx 950 ti are nearly on same price.Difference is few bucks but I'm NVidia fan.AMD love to fck up ther drivers.Not like NVidia drivers are perfect but thats another story.

Whats your motherboard ? B or Z serie?

Jem   

You already submitted your dxdiag to support, right? IDK what is causing all these random ass fps drops.

You already submitted your dxdiag to support, right? IDK what is causing all these random ass fps drops.

Yes, i submitted a ticket and it was marked "solved" without any response. Also just to clarify, I am not having FPS drops. I have consistent 15 or lower FPS. I get 20 tops when I enter  a dungeon alone, and it drops back to 15 as I move around, and under 10 during combat.

Assassin   

It doesn't matter how many cores you have.

The only thing that matters now a days is "hyper threading"

Look it up.

Either way this game doesn't use more than 1 core anyway.

So single core power is more important.

Unpark your cores to give more single core power at the cost of some minor rendering speed

On top of that your GPU is low end.

Personally I don't touch AMD because they're for math shit and complex algorithm type work like MCedit and stuff that requires rendering and slow calulations to display a high quality picture/render.

I obviously do nothing that involves editing anything because i may be knowledge in computers and how they work/run but my god is coding/programming/C.A.D./MCedit style work BORING.

Anyway I'd suggesting finding an in real life friend to help you with building a new computer for around 800-1,000.

It might not be the best out there but it will be more tahn enough to last you a year or 2 and allow you to even do some light editing for pictures/things that most people do like editing photos.. videos... etc...

Anyway your computer is just very low end.

And needs new things basically.

Edited by Assassin

NSBOP   

Whats your MB? If its Z serie PErhaps you can OC the CPU from bios and buy one of the cards I mention in the previous post.Won't make you top end pc but it will help.

Sandy bridge generation is not that bad.Hes CP is ok although It would be much better if it was the unclocked version(2600k).I'm not tech savy but I helped alot of friends to build ther pcs and hes machine isn't that bad.Just a new GPU and if he can OC the cpu and everything is going to be fine.Obviously he will not get amazing FPS but 40-50 in instances should be fine.

Sorry didn't seen you posted the MB.Well dig in bios to see if you can boost it,but I doubt it.

Edited by NSBOP

My win7 is 64 bit. 

So what I'm understanding is that my stuff should be good enough to get me 30-60 fps but for some reason it's not. 

I'd like to fix the problem rather than spend money on a new card when the one I have is fine.

my motherboard: http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-0y2mrg-dell/

your system SHOULD work fine really ..

If you are not hands on with a computer take it to a good shop and make sure there are no issue (If you smoke and smoke near the computer the tar builds up and will burn things out and the same goes with dust which is mostly just dead skin anyway in most homes) ..

Before you do that see if you drivers are up to date and make sure there were no firmware nor BIOs updates ..

If you can't do the second part yourself a decent computer shop will probably do it for you cheap enough (sadly you NEED to make so the computer shop you go to is reputable or YOU WILL end up scammed .. way too many of those around these days)

your system SHOULD work fine really ..

If you are not hands on with a computer take it to a good shop and make sure there are no issue (If you smoke and smoke near the computer the tar builds up and will burn things out and the same goes with dust which is mostly just dead skin anyway in most homes) ..

Before you do that see if you drivers are up to date and make sure there were no firmware nor BIOs updates ..

If you can't do the second part yourself a decent computer shop will probably do it for you cheap enough (sadly you NEED to make so the computer shop you go to is reputable or YOU WILL end up scammed .. way too many of those around these days)

I usually have my dad do any hardware fixes or other stuff that's out of my ability or comfort zone and it goes to staples when it's out of his league. he spent a few hours this week just poking around to make sure everything was in working order and he found no errors or issues or out of date stuff. he says the pc is fine. I'm going to install the game on an old laptop (sony vaio -- i hate it and never use it) to see if the fps is any better on that one. 

no smoke, but there may be dust, it's been a while since i opened it up to clean, so i will have my dad crack it open tomorrow and clean it up. 

Sign in to follow this