ShockZero

[Petition] Remove nProtect GameGuard

never had much of an issue with gameguard but i really dont like that its a rootkit -needs an exception for antivirus/malware programs to ignore- also as another poster said if its not helping stop the problem and INFACT IS harming legitimate players then i can only say its a massive piece of refuse that needs to make its way to the dumpster and or possibly the incinerator anyway i can only hope that the blade and soul team atleast takes note of this and at least TRIES to do something - anything - to bring about a positive result but im not them so i can only hope for it, that said i do believe they need SOMETHING in place to combat hackers and such but i cant help but believe there have to be better options out there

- as a side note you all should probably just ignore that person sitting there touting gameguard as some periah of anti hacking masterworks- when honestly most anyone with a decent IQ can tell its trash as its likely just a little lost troll that needs to find its way back under the bridge

Edited by capncronic365

Smo   

It causes problems for a lot of people that use Wtfast (or other similar services), which there are quite a few of.

Due to NA's internet infrastructure just being a lot less advanced than the Korean one, as well as the larger geographical distances, it can be expected that a lot of people might be be looking into methods for ping reduction.
Especially considering how much of an impact ping has on high-end play. (the stream where jaesung pvp'd the european players being a perfect example)
By placing the bns servers in texas to appeal to a greater range of players, this really just puts a lot more of the NA players who are further north at a distance where their ping isn't optimal for the needs of high end play (rip canadians). Honestly bns wasn't designed with 150+ ping in mind.
Gameguard being a part of BnS limits a lot of those people to choosing between playing with bad ping or playing with a ping reducing service and random problems/crashes.
Which sucks not just for them, but also whoever they are playing with since a player is removed from the party if they crash in a dungeon.

Sometimes rarely my game crashes when it seems I press too many keys too quickly, and I really wouldn't be surprised if that's also caused by gameguard having an issue with my keyboard/mouse software. (no I don't macro, though my keyboard and mouse are capable)

Edited by Smo

Dorama   

My Steam Controller so far works in any game even if its not in the steam library. I can't think of any other reason but gameguard blocking it. Remove it please :)

I guess a problem with anti-cheat tools is that you are not allowed to disable them to check if they are the problem. They could at least have done that during beta so people could verify the problems and not just blame it for what they just suspect.

MisakiKi   

Gameguard, for when you need hack protection, but you don't want to spend a whole lot of money!

Honestly, it just causes problems for the average player - and typically it's pretty easy to work around for anyone developing modifications to a game.

As stated numerous times above, please remove this glorified malware from your game.

When i saw nGuard start up on the first launch Yesterday, I decided to not spend anything on this game and uninstall it on Sunday after the last day of CBT. There are simply too many MMO's out there to bother dealing with one that installs a root kit on my system as a requirement to play.

I am not looking forward to trying to get that pile of dung off of my system tomorrow...

Ok, well there you have it. Overwhelming support for the removal of GameGuard. We're coming up on the release in 5 days so it probably isn't getting removed before then. Every company needs a disaster for a release day or it's a curse that their game will never prosper.

INB4 incoming tsunami of shit flooding the forums about GameGuard errors on release.

NCWest, we all know that GG can be removed already because it was taken from Aion.

Grimoir   

Give it a rest already and stop beating a dead horse. GG isnt going anywhere so accept it and move on. If you dont like it no one is forcing you to play.

Kaishina   

DO NOT REMOVE nProtect GAME GUARD !! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BOTTERS / GOLD SELLERS.

OR

REMOVE IT AND PUT A BETTER HACKSHIELD. DONT LET THIS AMAZING GAME DIE BY GOLD SELLERS / BOTTERS / HACKERS.

-10000 For nProtect Game Guard removal without solid alternative.

/close thread.

Edited by Kaishina

I add my vote to get rid of game guard, non stop issues, I shouldnt have to disable my antivirus and stop processes on my computer for game guard to let my game start. Retarded and massive waist of time to figure out what the hell was going on.

I agree, especially with it meaning linux people could play.

I have no issues with it myself but if OP is to be believed it's a lot similar to punkbuster, what an awful software that was. <_<

Kaishina   

I have no issues with it myself but if OP is to be believed it's a lot similar to punkbuster, what an awful software that was. <_<

Punkbuster was the best anti hacker tool. Stop trying NCSoft to remove hacker protections yea ? Thank you.

Meese   

Punkbuster was the best anti hacker tool. Stop trying NCSoft to remove hacker protections yea ? Thank you.

There are literally plenty of other anti-hack tools that could be implemented over GG. No one is saying to remove this kind of "anti-hack" software altogether, but to bring in a better one.

GG wont be removed anytime soon. It hasn't been removed from the other versions, nor will it be removed from NA. It sucks that some people have a hard time playing with it or for that matter even get to play but it is what it is. These companies need an excuse to fall back on when the problem of botting arises (which it will; anyone who believes otherwise is incredibly naive) by saying that they have GG in place and anything beyond that gets to be out of their hands and in the hands of the community to unite as one pack of carebears and report each other. I just hope responses to botting will be swift and not take days of videos etc to solve otherwise people will simply leave the bots alone and go along their merry way because no one wants the headache of going back and forth for a player report (unless you're extremely vindictive like some people on these forums).

Edited by Meese

Bezerko   

DO NOT REMOVE nProtect GAME GUARD !! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BOTTERS / GOLD SELLERS.

OR

REMOVE IT AND PUT A BETTER HACKSHIELD. DONT LET THIS AMAZING GAME DIE BY GOLD SELLERS / BOTTERS / HACKERS.

-10000 For nProtect Game Guard removal without solid alternative.

/close thread.

Seeing as how you didn't provide the evidence supporting your claim that GameGuard shouldn't be removed from BnS in your petition thread, I'm going to go ahead and upvote the petition here to remove GameGuard from the game as this thread has tons of evidence supporting it's removal.

DANNA   

Punkbuster was the best anit-cheat tool.

Punkbuster was the best anit-cheat tool.

For real? Cause I recall it screwing itself to my PC.

As well as the battle field heros forums being filled with people complaining that it would randomly ban people for no reason, like long time players just banned.

As well as numerous people complaining about it fighting with their anti-virus and other such issues.

DANNA   

For real? Cause I recall it screwing itself to my PC.

As well as the battle field heros forums being filled with people complaining that it would randomly ban people for no reason, like long time players just banned.

As well as numerous people complaining about it fighting with their anti-virus and other such issues.

Back in the days PB was the only Anticheat-tool that actually got stuff done, to be honest. If long time players start to hack, they deserve to get banned. The problem with Silkroad for example was that they would only ban obvious no-client gold bots and not player bots.

Ofc people complain about being banned but if you don't use suspicious third party software then you don't get banned. Simple as that.

AttacKat   

For any committed BnS players who support the removal and/or replacement of GameGuard, please +1 this post and show your support so we can have this removed before live launches in January. If we do this now, we can see the game we've all become addicted to grow stronger.

NProtect doesn't work, and TW is a live example of bots and speed hacks.

Remove nProtect and REQUIRE secondary OTP even for F2P.