Nyne

FPS bug after a while of playing

Nyne   

hi,

i recently noticed a bug where the FPS (frames per second) dropped insanely low, to like 20-30 fps after I played a certain amount of time (mostly after a few hours). It Always happened to me while I was playing arena 1v1. As soon as this bug appears it doesn't stop until you restart the game. After the restart everything is fine again.

Nyne.

Ruuko   

Same here. I usually get 45-50 fps right after logging into the game but now after killing a long hp bar field boss like Pinchy (where I have to use most of my skills again and again for a long time) a few times it goes down to 20-25 and it's really annoying. And like you said, the only solution so far is to restart the game.

One of my friends mentioned he was having those same insanely low FPS drops since CBT 3 started. I also asked him if he was using an NVIDIA card and he said yes. This is interesting because I also use one. Not only that but also I do not update my NVIDIA drivers from a specific version for anything. Ever since I discovered my card worked best with the driver version I have right now. Which means that we can rule out the possibility of the most recent NVIDIA update causing this bug because otherwise I would not have experienced it too.

My bet is that some change they made between CBT 2 and CBT 3 is most likely having this side effect. I'm curious now to know whether this is affecting only NVIDIA users. Would really love to see this getting addressed and hopefully before the launch happens.

ZLE   

I can't be positive that this issue is due to memory leak and swap file,but the symptoms are pretty much the same.
There is a little program that kills the swap file every five minutes and prevents this.I use it like 5years already(from when i was playing SWTOR) in every game i play.
http://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/
It's worth trying,because i didn't find ANY negative impact on ANY program that is running on my PC.

Edited by ZLE

Teiji   

I also have this issue on days when I stay in Arena PVP for extended hours (like 6h+). I usually have 60+ fps during battle and 120fps when queuing, but it suddenly drops to 20fps (battle and arena). I thought my graphic card crashed, so I alt+tab and it hasn't. So I guess it is a bug, since you guys have this same problem like me under the same condition.

Germanic   

So none of you guys posted information about your setup. Hardware, OS? Settings in game? Do you use ALT + ENTER to switch to fullscreen? Did you check with MSI afterburner if (for whatever reason) your GPU/CPU is throttling?

Teiji   

Windows 7, GTX 980 Ti, i7-3770k, 16GB RAM, 1440p max settings ingame. Yes, I'm using alt+enter for true fullscreen.

I just played arena for several hours in JP. It also has the same issue (fps went down to 20-40fps after like 3hours+ in arena). But as soon as I get out of arena, then get back in, the bug resets and my fps went back to normal (90-120fps). This bug could be related to alt+enter fullscreen in arena or something along that line.

And Mem Cleaner that was suggested above doesn't work.

Edited by Teiji

This game "might" have memories leaks. But, I have way too much memory in my system and more then 80% still free even after 8+ hours of playing.

So, even of memory leaks take place, it is unfortunately not the cause of my FPS drops with a GFX 980 and a 6-core I7-5820k 

My friend, who has similar setup as mine (though mine is newer and bit better) runs on Windows 7 (while I run on windows 8.1) and when we compare FPS

he is winning by quite the margin.  

Ironically where I have 30FPS, if I wait long enough and not move the screen it will slowly go back up to 110. And, then technically nothing has to change on my screen.

It seems to me this game just sucks ballz on windows 8/10

But, when I play PVP Arena I have a constant 121 FPS, not even a single drop to 120, never.

I only experience these FPS drops in Open World, like in towns, or near boss fights or generally around farming area's.

/Sigh

Hope they fix it soon because I don't wanna revert to Windows 7 atm.

Though, If they don't fix it I will make a 2nd boot for windows 7 only for running BNS :<

Edited by Shirolicious

Enyo   

I used to have stable 60fps and after a few hours of playing it dropped to 40, then 20.

If you're on Windows 10, disable Superfetch service (which is enabled by default). This helped a lot.

Teiji   

This also happens again in CBT4. This time I wasn't using alt+enter true fullscreen. So it's just an arena bug that happens after being in there for several hours (without leaving).