Sign in to follow this  
Freckles

Attack Delays/Lag

Freckles   

Hi NCsoft team,

I am well aware that you guys asked about a DxDiag report after CBT1, however we haven't heard from it every since.

I am very concerned regarding this issue, since it happens to most people with the following set-up:

-win8.1- win10

-nvidia 8xx-9xx series

Please don't get me wrong, some people with 8.1 or 10 don't have any issue at all because they have nvidia 7xx (not 8xx-9xx)

and some people with nvidia 8xx-9xx don't have any issue at all because they have win7

Of course there are gonna be exceptions out there who come troll in this thread, but like I said most people with a combination of the above are concerned by the same issue: Attack delay/lags.

Now let's be honest, even if BnS is gonna be a F2p game, NCsoft is still a business and hope to make money out of this game.

This is going to be released in 2016, and hope to be up and running for many years in the FUTURE. Problem is, this game is only optimized for older systems and older graphic cards which are from the PAST.

If this game wants to succeed, we are gonna need some serious optimization for the more recent systems and graphic cards.

I get between 3 to 5 seconds delay on most of my attacks. Of course I don't get delays 100% of the time! Maybe 30% of my attacks contain delays, which is a lot, and adds up quickly when you play for several hours. Let me not mention dungeons?

As for pvp, I would say 35% of the time I lose is because i get lags and attack delay. This is not very enjoyable at all.

Believe me I love this game, I've been playing it 10+hours a day every single CBT despite the attack delays. However I found myself being so sick of them this week, that I barely played at all. This is just very discouraging not being able to pvp, or lose half of my hp bar because i'm fighting in pve and i'm being frozen for 5seconds +.

I have a master pack, I would really love to upgrade it, but I am only going to upgrade it until I know for sure that this issue will be fixed in the NEAR future.

I plan on playing this game for many months to come and buy NC coins regularly, but once again I cannot do that if this is not fixed.

Point is, this game cannot have a future if it's stuck in the past.

I hope you guys really consider this as an emergency issue and start working on it first priority.

Thank you for reading. :)

devilkit   

My friends and I are having similar issues- everything going smoothly, network connection great, and out of nowhere we get hit with strange 'lag' like input and attack animations, sometimes in PVE we're still getting attacked and kind of yell over voice comms wtf is happening why am I not attacking!? Then a few seconds may pass and then all of a sudden animations just burst super quick as if catching up.

We all are running Nvidia 8xx or 9xx video cards. My DxDiag notepad has been sent into support.

I'll be honest a lot of games coming out of Asia these days aren't optimized for more modern hardware that Westerners buy more frequently. And as such many Asian games that are older are having a problem running on newer devices unless they get continued optimizations.

Several Asian MMO's I've spent money on which haven't kept up their optimization  no longer have access to my wallet simply because their game (on modern hardware) run poorly. I really like Blade and Soul and probably will keep playing it. Even at launch however how well the game runs on my hardware will have a direct impact of how much I'm willing to spend on this game. But that's another topic.

River Z   

I'm having the same problem. My friends were with me and i was literally walking away and still getting hit WELL OUT OF THEIR RANGE, they also yelled at me asking why i wasnt attacking. I'm like idk, and then all at once, i rubberband back at half hp into a full combo. 

I however am using a gt730 on a windows 7-64bit. I think this lag has a lot of ways of coming in that we don't know about.

GnatB   

To be honest, I'm sort of curious.

If a game runs fine on WIndows 7/NVidia 700etc.ATI everything, but runs extraordinarily badly on most Windows 8.1/10 & NVidia 800/900.

Is that an issue for the game developers, or is that an issue for Microsoft, or is that an issue for Nvidia?  Seems to me that indicates there's something seriously fubar with NVidias windows 8.1/10 drivers, which I would assume means it's NVidias problem to fix... though it's unclear how much incentive NVidia has to do so.

(And this problem reads like something more than just "unoptimized".  I'd almost think it's some sort of I/O (IRQ?) conflict with the network card or somesuch.  Do modern computers even suffer from IRQ conflicts?  I don't remember having to deal with IRQ channels since the 90's?)

Shoshin   

Hi NCsoft team,

I am well aware that you guys asked about a DxDiag report after CBT1, however we haven't heard from it every since.

I am very concerned regarding this issue, since it happens to most people with the following set-up:

-win8.1- win10

-nvidia 8xx-9xx series

Please don't get me wrong, some people with 8.1 or 10 don't have any issue at all because they have nvidia 7xx (not 8xx-9xx)

and some people with nvidia 8xx-9xx don't have any issue at all because they have win7

Of course there are gonna be exceptions out there who come troll in this thread, but like I said most people with a combination of the above are concerned by the same issue: Attack delay/lags.

Now let's be honest, even if BnS is gonna be a F2p game, NCsoft is still a business and hope to make money out of this game.

This is going to be released in 2016, and hope to be up and running for many years in the FUTURE. Problem is, this game is only optimized for older systems and older graphic cards which are from the PAST.

If this game wants to succeed, we are gonna need some serious optimization for the more recent systems and graphic cards.

I get between 3 to 5 seconds delay on most of my attacks. Of course I don't get delays 100% of the time! Maybe 30% of my attacks contain delays, which is a lot, and adds up quickly when you play for several hours. Let me not mention dungeons?

As for pvp, I would say 35% of the time I lose is because i get lags and attack delay. This is not very enjoyable at all.

Believe me I love this game, I've been playing it 10+hours a day every single CBT despite the attack delays. However I found myself being so sick of them this week, that I barely played at all. This is just very discouraging not being able to pvp, or lose half of my hp bar because i'm fighting in pve and i'm being frozen for 5seconds +.

I have a master pack, I would really love to upgrade it, but I am only going to upgrade it until I know for sure that this issue will be fixed in the NEAR future.

I plan on playing this game for many months to come and buy NC coins regularly, but once again I cannot do that if this is not fixed.

Point is, this game cannot have a future if it's stuck in the past.

I hope you guys really consider this as an emergency issue and start working on it first priority.

Thank you for reading. :)

I totally hear what you are saying and the lag is definitely a problem for some people. I have Windows 10 and run a Nvidia 780 series and I have a lot of random fps drops but no super delayed attacks. For the most part I can do anicancel on my destroyer, which means I'm doing pretty good on mine.

I am curious though... You said you have a Master's Pack and you would really love to upgrade it, but Master's Pack is the best pack... There is no further upgrade???

Cor   

I dunno whatever they are doing but it seems to make the problem worse, i had no problem at all in the first two cbts and the beginning of 3 but the last few days lag started happening and today i get even disconnects and getting stuck in the login screen.

GnatB   

I dunno whatever they are doing but it seems to make the problem worse, i had no problem at all in the first two cbts and the beginning of 3 but the last few days lag started happening and today i get even disconnects and getting stuck in the login screen.

I don't believe that's what's being discussed here.  I too had *internet* lag on Thursday, and traceroutes showed quite a bit of timeouting.  (guess lots of people using the net this weekend?).  There are, however, a lot of people with certain configurations that are seeing what appears to be rediculously excessive internet lag even though their traceroutes/etc. show no problems.

(Incidentally, I do wish it was more common for MMO's to have some sort of ping/connection meters in-game.  Some games do have them, but they aren't as mandatory as I think I'd like.  It's nice to know your connection has gotten flakey before you attack a boss, instead of after you've engaged... and it's also nice to be able to glance over and know that yeah, it has been over a second since you last heard from the server.  From what I've seen, the resource meters ping indicator doesn't seem all that accurate.  Don't think it updates frequently enough or something.)

CurryPan   

My clan members are having these problem also. They cant access auction house with Win 8.1 and Those who has Win 10 got hit with massive lag, rubber banding and drop in Ping. Some of them have to go back and reinstall Win 7 for it to be bearable to play. But It would be nice if the issue is fix.

Freckles   

My clan members are having these problem also. They cant access auction house with Win 8.1 and Those who has Win 10 got hit with massive lag, rubber banding and drop in Ping. Some of them have to go back and reinstall Win 7 for it to be bearable to play. But It would be nice if the issue is fix.

Well this is not realistic for them to expect people to downgrade to win7 and worse graphic card in order to play BnS lol. 

I mean it's gonna be released in 2016 and better operating systems as well as better graphics card are gonna be release throughout the years to come. If they want a future with the game, they can't be stuck in the past. x-x

I totally hear what you are saying and the lag is definitely a problem for some people. I have Windows 10 and run a Nvidia 780 series and I have a lot of random fps drops but no super delayed attacks. For the most part I can do anicancel on my destroyer, which means I'm doing pretty good on mine.

I am curious though... You said you have a Master's Pack and you would really love to upgrade it, but Master's Pack is the best pack... There is no further upgrade???

Oh no sorry I meant I have a founder's pack, the smaller one. I would love to upgrade to the master one, but if I can't play this game correctly, and have to die in pvp because of delays and so on, there's really no fun in that. I don't want to invest in a game where I'm penalized from the get go even if it's not even my fault to begin with. :/

LordXeen   

Same here, CBT1 was fine, CBT3 as well, except for the last day, when I had massive input lag and two game crashes. When it happened I thought they were doing stress tests or were being DDoSed, but if it's a hardware/compatibility issue then it's serious.

Chuckers   

I've had the lag issue since CBT1. I would have to log out and log back in several times in order to get a connection that didn't lag. This CBT, I installed WTFast. Now, I stop my firewall and realtime scanning for 15 minutes (I did this before I installed WTFast and it didn't help, but I am still doing it just to be safe), then I fire up WTFast and start Blade & Soul. I have not had the lag issue since I started using WTFast. My FPS is usually between 100 and 120 now. I can play for hours without any problems. While I don't think I should have to install a 3rd party program, it works and I'm able to live with it. 

Lurkios   

OP, I've seen you state several times in several threads that B&S is having issues with "nvidia 8xx-9xx series" cards, but I've yet to see any evidence supporting this. What are you basing this on?

Freckles   

I've had the lag issue since CBT1. I would have to log out and log back in several times in order to get a connection that didn't lag. This CBT, I installed WTFast. Now, I stop my firewall and realtime scanning for 15 minutes (I did this before I installed WTFast and it didn't help, but I am still doing it just to be safe), then I fire up WTFast and start Blade & Soul. I have not had the lag issue since I started using WTFast. My FPS is usually between 100 and 120 now. I can play for hours without any problems. While I don't think I should have to install a 3rd party program, it works and I'm able to live with it. 

Well I dont really want to install WTFast. I read mixed reviews about it, and WTFast are actually paying people to go post good reviews about the product lol... sounds hella fishy.

Basically as of right now if I want to play BnS i have to either downgrade to win7 and keep my nvidia 9xx, or keep my win8.1 and downgrade my nvidia to 6xx-7xx series.... Both of these options are RIDICULOUS....

OP, I've seen you state several times in several threads that B&S is having issues with "nvidia 8xx-9xx series" cards, but I've yet to see any evidence supporting this. What are you basing this on?

My bf has win8.1 just like me but has nvidia7xx and he has no lag at all. We are on the same modem, same connection same everything.

I have win8.1 but nvidia 9xx so i'm screwed. How does that make any sense at all. 

And no, I didn't say they have a problem with nvidia 8xx-9xx because people with win7 + nvidia 8xx-9xx have no problem..... Only the ones with win8.1-10 AND nvidia 8xx-9xx

I'm sure NCsoft has figured this by now. Why not do something about it?

Edited by Freckles

Sign in to follow this