Sign in to follow this  
andrius22

Update error

Week ago I enjoyed CBT2, but today I was asked to update my client and it ended up like that:

< Error Message >>

[update error] Cannot download file.
Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.
E02018
MFIM_RFI0_DDF_D5_6_9/ffffffff

Uninstalled launcher, B&S client, checked firewall setings, even turned it off - i get same message. 

Any suggestions?

i got a EO2018 error while downloading the game,i want to know if there is an alternative source of download instead of just that bns downloading client like a torrent or something and why is that error generating,i mean is it ip based or operating system that i had been using ?

Was thinking maybe there was something with my system, since week ago I was able to play - made system restore - did not helped... checked my launcher for Lineage2 - it gave same error.

After some research, found that people were changing TCP/Ipv4 servers it sounded weird, but decided to try as well - changed DNS primary to 8.8.8.8 and alternative to 8.8.8.4 . Before they were set to automatically and fame started to download. Hopefully will not get any issues like that anymore... And I do not get it why i have to change anything with DNS in order to download!?! 

PS if you start downloading and get error in Patch folder of game you should have torrent file, you could try downloading it with torrent program and simply runing launcher afterwards - it might allow to skip problem causing download step, but making it every week can be annoying.

Edited by andrius22

I was literally getting the same issue.  I just went to cmd and did a ipconfig/flushdns and the launcher is running fine again.  Hope that helps anyone who ran into the same problem as us.

Sign in to follow this