Sign in to follow this  
Arthi

Dear NCSOFT, can you please use EU time too when making announcements, etc?

Arthi   

Hey... I find it really annoying that I always have to convert timezones... Not like it's hard to do or anything but if we have EU servers I think we should be treated equally and just at least show CET time too in announcements, etc... Like CBT start, Launch Date... Event times...

NENO   

it would indeed be nice they take EU in consideration won their announcements. 

Bezerko   

They usually don't convert to the EST time zone either.  And the one time they did, they had the wrong time day listed for the official launch date and time.  I'd say you're being treated equally.

VOcnkfs.png?2

Based on this, either the EST people start 21 hours ahead of the PST folks on Friday or the PST folks are actually going to launch on Thursday, 1/18/16 @ 9 PM. Or it should have read 12 AM EST on Saturday January 20, 2016.

Edited by Bezerko

Arthi   

It is not that hard to find out just google it, but yeah it would be.. apparently adding 6pm GMT is too hard.

Are you blind? I even said it's not hard, it's just unprofessional imo...

Hiei   

I have to agree, while it's not a problem & I don't even need to Google PST times nowadays. It is highly unprofessional when you want to present yourself as a multi-regional business. 

European communities do pick up on these kind of things, if they start noticing a lot of favoritism towards the NA playerbase. It's a quick way to lose your EU server population. That's what happened in Sky Forge recently. 

EU is not represented by just one timezone, and this release covers I think some 15, or so time zones, if they were to always list each one, it'd look like a big mess, could even be confusing to people looking at the mass of them, and may result in errors for them. It just seems easier if they use one, indicate which it is, stick with it, then before long, you get used to the conversion. They're using PST/PDT, a number of companies do as well, even if they, and their servers are not in that time zone, so it gets to be a common one, and players just get used to the conversion from that, to their own time after playing various games, I know I am.

I live in the EST time zone, almost no company uses it, even if they, and their servers are in that time zone. Do I feel that's unprofessional, or that I'm not being represented? No, because I know they're covering many time zones, and they are likely using one of the two common time references, PST, or UTC.

Edited by Phoenix Shi

Are you blind? I even said it's not hard, it's just unprofessional imo...

I was agreeing with you. But like Phoenix Shi said EU tz is quiet expansive - but most of Europe know they are + X ahead of UK TZ (GMT)

Arthi   

EU is not represented by just one timezone, and this release covers I think some 15, or so time zones, if they were to always list each one, it'd look like a big mess, could even be confusing to people looking at the mass of them, and may result in errors for them. It just seems easier if they use one, indicate which it is, stick with it, then before long, you get used to the conversion. They're using PST/PDT, a number of companies do as well, even if they, and their servers are not in that time zone, so it gets to be a common one, and players just get used to the conversion from that, to their own time after playing various games, I know I am.

I live in the EST time zone, almost no company uses it, even if they, and their servers are in that time zone. Do I feel that's unprofessional, or that I'm not being represented? No, because I know they're covering many time zones, and they are likely using one of the two common time references, PST, or UTC.

If they can use the "most popular" or whatever time for NA, why they can't do it for EU?

who said PST is the most popular...

didn't we already come to the conclusion that majority of the NA population in East coast 

in the dojo post about wanting a different state for the NA servers to be located?

not like it really matters if i lived in EU i'd just use a converter

and save myself the trouble of making another "EU has a problem with something thread"

I mean there are other games that don't give multiple time zones for games and only use one. 

When you play games for a long time you learn to just convert them yourself =3= 

Edited by CuddlyBunneh

By the reasoning of this EVERYONE would want the same thing.. we would have a page of time zone equations while all YOU have to do it type google and timezone and the your time zone and PST .. conversion complete..

after the first time you did it you should be able to figure out if you are plus and minus the number of hours and do it yourself

PLS stop being so lazy and blaming others for your being lazy

Arthi   

who said PST is the most popular...

didn't we already come to the conclusion that majority of the NA population in East coast 

there for EST? 

not like it really matters if i lived in EU i'd just use a converter

and save myself the trouble of making another "EU has a problem with something thread"

I mean there are other games that don't give multiple time zones for games and only use one. 

When you play games for a long time you learn to just convert them yourself =3= 

I know how to convert them, I play games since forever... As I said, it is just really unprofessional to have servers in EU but don't use timezone for it...

By the reasoning of this EVERYONE would want the same thing.. we would have a page of time zone equations while all YOU have to do it type google and timezone and the your time zone and PST .. conversion complete..

after the first time you did it you should be able to figure out if you are plus and minus the number of hours and do it yourself

PLS stop being so lazy and blaming others for your being lazy

I know how to convert timezones, can you even read? NCWEST have servers in NA and EU, therefore they should use timezone for EU and NA... is it really that hard to understand?

seems of this calculation the cbt3 in europe start 6am for some regions and in italy 7 am of 25 november really hard to wait :(((((

seems of this calculation the cbt3 in europe start 6am for some regions and in italy 7 am of 25 november really hard to wait :(((((

google IT .. I think your time is off

Glitch   

I have my clock on my computer set to show multiple time zones. If you're PC, you should be able to do it to your own too so you don't have to keep going to google. At least, it gives you something until they start (if they start) using EU time in their announcements too. 

timezones_zps0opqyicl.png

ok I can agree that THEY should have the time zone for EU servers at least set to GMT ..

some people say that they want this time or that time zone as a convention and yet GMT I THINK is still considered the base time zone for the planet..

the PST time zone convention is being used to make it easier for the people posting and since THEY are based in PST it is easier for them ..

They can spend more time doing time zones conversions or they can make the game better .. a little time here or there adds up when running a business .

You are entitled to YOUR opinion but I personally would rather have them working on the game more since for me it is isn't hard to add 3 to what ever time they put up as PST ..

AT least they are putting up PST as many games don't bother AND have multiple servers in differing time zones so your have to struggle with what time zone your server is in first

Hypie   

Dunnno what your crying about? All my Emails where in my timezone like 19 pm mez which is superaccurate.

NSBOP   

I see bunch of id***s here.Would be fc hard to put annouce 12 CST / 19:00 CET.

For Europe every company use CET as indicator and don't write down every time zone.We in europe are not stupid and we know what CET is and we instantly know what that is for us.Just like you know what is Central Standart Time we know Central Europe Time(GMT +1). We don't demand EET for example(I'm on EET).

If you pretend to be proffesional company and you want to promote your product you try to make this as more appealing to the comunity you target as possible.

Should we know what is EST/CST and that in Arizona they are on GMT -7 for example?

In before game launch and they start announcing maintenance in NA time standart at Eu prime time.

Edit: If I play North American game I would put second clock based on ther time zone (example GMT -6) but I'm not and as european playing in European server I want European times and when game launch maintenance every wednesday at appropriate time for US.If it turn to be like in Aion we will get maaintenance at 1pm and as person that don't work mon-fri 8-17 but on shifts I`ll definitely be pissed.

Edited by NSBOP

Arthi   

I see bunch of id***s here.Would be fc hard to put annouce 12 CST / 19:00 CET.

For Europe every company use CET as indicator and don't write down every time zone.We in europe are not stupid and we know what CET is and we instantly know what that is for us.Just like you know what is Central Standart Time we know Central Europe Time(GMT +1). We don't demand EET for example(I'm on EET).

If you pretend to be proffesional company and you want to promote your product you try to make this as more appealing to the comunity you target as possible.

Should we know what is EST/CST and that in Arizona they are on GMT -7 for example?

In before game launch and they start announcing maintenance in NA time standart at Eu prime time.

Finally someone who understands my point  :wub:

Sign in to follow this