Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

Share your FPS, and pics of your BnS battle station!

Lurkios   

Thing is, my 970 runs everything else fine. Except mmo's. I already rma my card once because it was faulty and just crashed and burned. Would be depressing if the one I got back from rma was faulty too. But my drivers only crashed in mmo's. My first card crashed while in Tera, however, when it crashed, it didn't recover unlike the one I have right now. I only crash in the lvl45 dungeons when there are a shit load of mobs. Aside from that, I don't crash.

You sure it's the 970 and not the CPU causing the crashes? Even if I kill SLI, B&S barely pushes one of my 970s - half the time it's not even running at full clock. The CPU, however, is getting a fair amount of use.

Azure   

You sure it's the 970 and not the CPU causing the crashes? Even if I kill SLI, B&S barely pushes one of my 970s - half the time it's not even running at full clock. The CPU, however, is getting a fair amount of use.

Well it says nvidia kernel drivers have crashed or something. So I'm pretty sure its gpu.

JasonT   

There's another, uglier option:  The chip is faulty and/or has gone bad.

I had to RMA one of my 980's for that.

This is true, but it's very unlikely. That is, unless you naturally have bad luck... And he said that he already had to RMA his first one, so he must REALLY have bad luck if that's the case...

Edited by JasonT

Zarkh   

Hi guys, i see you all have nice pc here..

Mine:

Windows 7

i5 2500

8 gb ram

gtx 970

I logged in today for the first time and i was pretty disappointed cause the game set me all on "4" with no antialiasing and some other stuff... i mean.. i can play battlefield 4 on maximum details :\ even with that when i enter a cave or finish a quest my fps drops to 45/30 for like 1-2 sec, same when i walk past 10-15 players..

Is there any chance that after this beta phase the game will be optimized or i'll have to upgrade my pc inevitably?

Drezriel   
Just finished my new build up on Saturday.  Wanted a new build for BNS.  This is overkill for the game, but I also play Fallout 4 and I'll be playing Black Desert as well.  Wanted a system that would crush everything thrown at it.  So far, it's blown away my expectations.

Pardon the mess inside.  My cable combs come next week and I had to temporarily use a stock 6+2 cable because one of my black/white custom cables was bad -_-

The Specs:

i7 6700k
SLI 980ti MSI Armor 2X
G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb
Corsair H100gtx cooler
Acer Predator X34 IPS@100hz
Acer XB270HU IPS@144hz
100-144 fps on ultra everything

I present, The Punisher:

AQQUp3Jl.jpg

svCpu8al.jpg

qEsn60bl.jpg

uo1ypHCl.jpg

dkqQdCJl.jpg

1OCC6Dyl.jpg

Cadencia   

@Drezriel

why only 16 GB RAM, don't want a RAMDisk for your awesome games?

What board do you use? Are your games on a HDD, SSD or M.2 SSD?

If you really want an overkill for all your games, get 64 GB RAM, and use 50 GB as RAMDisk...the performance will blow you away ;)

But nice specs and case :)

Drezriel   

@Drezriel

why only 16 GB RAM, don't want a RAMDisk for your awesome games?

What board do you use? Are your games on a HDD, SSD or M.2 SSD?

If you really want an overkill for all your games, get 64 GB RAM, and use 50 GB as RAMDisk...the performance will blow you away ;)

But nice specs and case :)

Thank you.  Well, quite honestly, anything more than 16gb's just isn't necessary right now.  I'm using an ASUS z170 that is expandable up to 64.  I'm using a 128gb SSD for the OS and a 512gb SSD for program files.  I thought about M.2 storage but honestly, it's a bit expensive for the gain.  I'll give it another year and it will be inline with what current SSD prices are.

Setting up a RAMdisk might be a bit overkill for an mmo haha.  

Cadencia   

Thank you.  Well, quite honestly, anything more than 16gb's just isn't necessary right now.  I'm using an ASUS z170 that is expandable up to 64.  I'm using a 128gb SSD for the OS and a 512gb SSD for program files.  I thought about M.2 storage but honestly, it's a bit expensive for the gain.  I'll give it another year and it will be inline with what current SSD prices are.

Setting up a RAMdisk might be a bit overkill for an mmo haha.  

Really, you got such a nice PC, but a M.2 is to expensive? XD

And getting the 4 time speed for the double price...i think its a nice gain :>

Sure, it is overkill. But throw diabolo III at your PC. Run something with 2 witchdoctors and see what happens...you will have lag (even on an SSD). Btw. just if you want to know...SSD 600 MB/s max, M.2 2,2 GB/s, RAMDisk 8 GB/s ;)

Its right, that you don't need more then 16 GB to run your PC without using Virtual RAM. But the more RAM, the bigger the RAMDisk ;)

Edited by Cadencia

Drezriel   

Really, you got such a nice PC, but a M.2 is to expensive? XD

And getting the 4 time speed for the double price...i think its a nice gain :>

Sure, it is overkill. But throw diabolo III at your PC. Run something with 2 witchdoctors and see what happens...you will have lag (even on an SSD). Btw. just if you want to know...SSD 600 MB/s max, M.2 2,2 GB/s, RAMDisk 8 GB/s ;)

Its right, that you don't need more then 16 GB to run your PC without using Virtual RAM. But the more RAM, the bigger the RAMDisk ;)

No I get what you're saying, but really, for what I use my machine for, m.2 isn't necessary.  I play MMOs and the occasional single players like Fallout 4.  Adding m.2 or RAMDisk is like using a bazooka to kill a fly.  It's not really warranted.  If I just wanted to spend money to spend money I would have gotten an m.2 and watercooled the entire system, but for what I do, it's not needed.

I hate you all. I have a laptop with:

Windows 7

i3-2350M CPU

2.30 MHz

4 Gb RAM

And I have 20 FPS in dungeons and outside 9-12.

I am gonna buy a better laptop this winter(hopefully).

Sign in to follow this