Mage

Blade and Soul is being censored despite them previously saying otherwise.

I'm going to leave this here from 2-3 years ago when they first addressed this situation.

"Due to ESRB guidelines, however, our marketing material must abide by a different set of considerations than the final product. This is why Blade & Soul's rating is listed as "pending." It is NCSOFT West's intention to accurately depict the game in its original, unaltered form, with only minor adjustments for gameplay considerations. In short: We are not planning to censor or alter the actual in-game content you have come to expect from an artist such as Hyung-Tae Kim and a studio such as Team Bloodlust. Rest assured that we love Blade & Soul as much as you do, and any modifications to the marketing material are not indicative of our plans for the final content."

I was hoping someone would remember that passage.

Now I once again wonder how nobody saw any of this coming.

Zerecas   

Holy crap, you people have nothing to do with you're lives do you? You complain about the most stupid things ever no matter how small. Do you ever go outside? Do you people even have a job other than sitting at the computer concocting up complete non-sense to spew on the forum boards? I'm sorry, but iv'e seen many threads across many MMO's with people complaining about the most retarded shit. It reminds me of someone complaining about an in-game item on FFXIV "Shark Fin Soup" because it had to do with killing sharks. Pathetic.

I'm going to leave this here from 2-3 years ago when they first addressed this situation.

"Due to ESRB guidelines, however, our marketing material must abide by a different set of considerations than the final product. This is why Blade & Soul's rating is listed as "pending." It is NCSOFT West's intention to accurately depict the game in its original, unaltered form, with only minor adjustments for gameplay considerations. In short: We are not planning to censor or alter the actual in-game content you have come to expect from an artist such as Hyung-Tae Kim and a studio such as Team Bloodlust. Rest assured that we love Blade & Soul as much as you do, and any modifications to the marketing material are not indicative of our plans for the final content."

http://2p.com/5122e97461fcd05020b71396_1/Blade--Soul-Will-not-Censor-The-Game-For-The-West.htm

That line that says "We are not planning to censor or alter the actual in-game content you have come to expect from an artist such as Hyung-Tae Kim", Basically means the art work, designs of outfits, character models, environment, etc. That ONE side quest they altered was their minor adjustment for "Gameplay Considerations".

To think everyone is going ape shit over a damn side quest and screaming "Omg this Side Quest was altered! It ruins my whole gameplay! I Quit!"  Seriously guys, c'mon. I'm sorry i'm being very full out frontal about this but like i said, this is very pathetic. Anyway, i'm still going to enjoy BnS and not cry foul over a damn sidequest that i will never see again unlike my character, outfits and such.

What does real life have to do with those in-game issues? Are you trying to put yourself on a 'higher' standard as in to express yourself as a master race shit?

That ignorance is precisely the reason why this thread has gone from page 1 to now.

Before acting like a supreme species offering his good ol' wisdom, why don't you read first?

Just like you said, people stupidly complain about 'shark fin soup' because of killing sharks, in game. IN GAME.

The same way of how NCWest censor those so-called inappropriate contents IN A FACKING GAME. The same facking way with how those supreme species labeled those original side-contents as disgusting, IN A FACKING GAME.

Why change if its not a big deal in the first place?

Its NO longer about how those minor changes affect the gameplay, honestly it don't, its about how those backward overprotective mindset hindering the progressive of a game entirely. The same with those retarded parents accusing GTA being like a source to violence, never did I see them blaming themselves for bad parenting.

And here I thought western community would have been more open minded than the Asian community. 

The same FFXIV ARR that is produced by a Japanese crew, and thinks it was okay to have a whole race being only female that are sex slaves and whores when it was introduced ... 

Yeah. I played it for a while and I am glad I got banned on that forum because I called the producer a liar. I know I don't support that company anymore.

Personally, I would seriously question those parents who do allow their kids to play that game. How respectful are their children towards other human beings?

I don't think so. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/square-enix-mmo-trio-fails-to-muster-1m-subscribers/0143457

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/final-fantasy-xiv-has-had-5-million-subscribers-is-second-most-popular-subscriptionbased-mmo-33713

http://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xiv-has-almost-5-million-subscribers/

http://mmos.com/news/final-fantasy-14-reaches-5-million-subscribers

Oh look, my 2 second google link disproves your 2 second google link.

Edited by Yuri Takashi

AttacKat   

Oh look, my 2 second google link disproves your 2 second google link.

Yeah, so it seems. But I am 1 of those 5 million subs that he counted, and I haven't touch that game since the 2nd housing addition (patch 2.3) when I called him a liar in their forum.

Edited by AttacKat

Lurkios   

Good for you? you got banned for calling some one a liar to their fact, I got banned from these forums (if only for 24 hours) for stating in my sig that the American highschool diploma is equal to an Asian gradeschoolers level of education. 

pretty sure things are worse here. ^^

If it makes you feel any better, I got banned for linking a user to a hard disk diagnostic tool in the ffxiv tech support forums because he was seeing file corruption.

AttacKat   

If it makes you feel any better, I got banned for linking a user to a hard disk diagnostic tool in the ffxiv tech support forums because he was seeing file corruption.

LMAO, we = FFXIV ARR trash?

Purple   

/!\ The topic is drifting ! The topic is drifting /!\

Good it should drift away, it got way of the point.

The last few pages are just nothing on the topic at all.

Mage   

Good it should drift away, it got way of the point.

The last few pages are just nothing on the topic at all.

I'd it just get back on point, and I hope this thread keeps getting bigger. The bigger it gets the more people will become aware of the censorship.

Anyway, I have edited the OP to included a link to @Rahaya's thread. Really, that thread should be WAY bigger than mine. 

Familiar   

What the heck is happening? What censorship?

There's no censorship. NA game is just the same as NA game. CN game is just the same as CN game. KR game is just the same...you get the point. People complaining because NA version isn't like other versions. Majority of the people who will be playing the game won't be coming from other versions and won't give two shits about anything these guys are arguing about. Hell, the majority of people playing NOW who did play other versions don't give a shit about this.

There's no censorship. NA game is just the same as NA game. CN game is just the same as CN game. KR game is just the same...you get the point. People complaining because NA version isn't like other versions. Majority of the people who will be playing the game won't be coming from other versions and won't give two shits about anything these guys are arguing about. Hell, the majority of people playing NOW who did play other versions don't give a shit about this.

I see..

AttacKat   

NCSoft NA doesn't like certain 4-letter words, so they aren't allowing you to use the "F" key anymore. Now you can go on your merry way and play this game however you like.  :P  :P  :P

The hell are you spouting ?

All of these last posts of you just reminded me how a human can mix both ignorance and stupidity. The game came up with a translation, the writers change this translation to suit their own tastes sweeping away all references that didn't please them. From this point there is, censorship.

You're just sticking at posting bullshit without reading the threads, please shut up.

Hiei   

s72ESuH.jpg

When the localisation team went to work localising the Korean client they stated they wouldn't censor the western version of Blade & Soul. I'm not sure what bizarre mental gymnastics you had to go through to reach your conclusion. 

But rest assured, the entire forum lost a couple of IQ points along with you.

Mage   

They are completely changing quest lines because a select minority can't handle their feelings getting hurt. The OP and the Link in the OP (This one: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139206-what-did-you-do-to-the-story-spoilers/)cover what has been censored. Some, try to claim that what the NA team has done is not censorship, but according to the definition it is.

cen·sor·ship
ˈsensərˌSHip/
noun

1. the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts.
    "details of the visit were subject to military censorship"

AttacKat   
  1. the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts.
    "details of the visit were subject to military censorship"

Correct me if I am wrong, but ...

for it to be censorship, NCSoft has to be told by an authority to do it, ie: gov't.

What NCSoft has done here IMHO is termed" self-censorship", which is done in respect to the sensibilities or preferences (actual or perceived) of others and without overt pressure from any specific party or institution of authority.

I believe there are some difference in the two.

for it to be censorship, NCSoft has to be told by an authority to do it, ie: gov't.

What NCSoft has done here IMHO is termed" self-censorship", which is done in respect to the sensibilities or preferences (actual or perceived) of others and without overt pressure from any specific party or institution of authority.

Nope, there isn't. Censorship is still censorship, even if it is a self-censorship

AttacKat   

Nope, there isn't. Censorship is still censorship, even if it is a self-censorship

So, you are not allowed to speak nice to me because you have censored out of all the curse words you know because you are self-censoring yourself?

It is NCSoft's product, therefore NCSoft has the right, not us, to determine how they want to present their product. Just like we have the right to choose to spend our money to support this product or not.

Edited by AttacKat

Mage   

Well, first off, opinions and beliefs aren't facts. 

Second, NCWest isn't the creator of the game. Team Bloodlust is. It is currently unknown how much they know about what is being done. It is unknown if they even support this censoring of their creation. 

So, you are not allowed to speak nice to me because you have censored out of all the curse words you know because you are self-censoring yourself?

It is NCSoft's product, therefore NCSoft has the right, not us, to determine how they want to present their product. Just like we have the right to choose to spend our money to support this product or not.

You are treating this as if every version of NC Soft is still NC soft, so since we are all here on this forum, and all members of the forum, im going to edit your post. because we are here, we are both members of Blade and Soul beta forums, so its fine right. now then. just let me edit and CENSOR every thing your typing and replace it with what i find appropriate, 

see what i did there, SAME *cricket*ING DIFFERENCE.

NC WEST is not NC EAST, or NC Taiwan, or NC Korea, 

The Localization team here, got a translated version of the entire text from KR, it was ALREADY IN ENGLISH, as LWS himself said.

They then took this Translation and began *cricket*ING WITH IT, and CHANGING IT, just how i could take your entire post and *cricket*WITH IT, and CHANGE IT. 

Do you get the point? The localization team took already translated text, decided "eh *cricket*it, we can do better" and then went through and began editing shit, a hell of a lot more then just ONE quest. they have edited an assload of stuff including the MAIN STORY.

Edited by Yuri Takashi

Hiei   

Censorship is the best word we have in the English language to describe the allegations in this thread against NCSoft. It's a word they use themselves when describing what they wouldn't do. You can argue pointlessly over the dictionary definition, but when people talk about censorship in the thread nobody is mislead. 

It's simply the most accurate & effective manner of describing the problems some people have in this thread. The English language is constantly evolving an certain words are becoming more prominent. We live in the age of the Internet, censorship is a word used almost constantly. 

As long as people are discussing a topic & there's no miscommunication, because they're interrupting words differently. There's no reason to even look at the dictionary, it's simply a distraction at that point. This isn't the 50's where people who are happy & joyful describe themselves as gay. 

The meanings of words are constantly changing, evolving & expanding. So debates of this manner just serve as a pointless distraction. 

Fun fact:

There are 94 unique posters in this entire thread. Around 50% of the posts come from the same 10 posters (myself included).

Just to give yourselves a sense of the actual scale here. As I said before - this thread is indicative of nothing, other than that a really loud minority really likes to complain about things like this.

I wish you guys luck on your little campaign, but I would be lying to say that I expected anything to come of it. Loud and vocal minorities are not enough to cause change in a heavily commercial enterprise like this. The people up top only care about statistics and figures, not rhetoric and bluster.

Fun fact:

There are 94 unique posters in this entire thread. Around 50% of the posts come from the same 10 posters (myself included).

Just to give yourselves a sense of the actual scale here. As I said before - this thread is indicative of nothing, other than that a really loud minority really likes to complain about things like this.

I wish you guys luck on your little campaign, but I would be lying to say that I expected anything to come of it. Loud and vocal minorities are not enough to cause change in a heavily commercial enterprise like this. The people up top only care about statistics and figures, not rhetoric and bluster.

Did hell just freeze over... or did she actually say something with a ring of truth and sense too it... Miricale's do happen o.o, now if only she could realize 7 or so of the 10 are posting replies to her posts. so had she and queen never posted, this thread would be about 10 pages smaller. and a lot more concise. and productive.