GladDog

Future classes, including healers?

GladDog   

I've watched a lot of videos about this game, so I've seen in depth the Korean version of this game.  After playing CB2, I was curious if the westernization of this game was going to include healers.  This isn't a cry-babying request.  I see how the defensive moves, self heals and careful use of potions can take you through almost any fight.  However, there are a lot of MMORPGers in the west that prefer playing a healer.  It's a good support role, and a good healer is always appreciated in any game.  I just think that those players that prefer support either 1) won't play the game in the first place, or 2) will quit playing very soon after trying it.

I liked the Blade Master a lot more than I thought I would, and I can see that with proper setup they are the 'tanks' of this game.  So I'll do the tanking thing in B&S, and have a lot of fun at it.  Unfortunately, my friend that mostly plays healers won't be involved in B&S.

Get out of hardcore mode and at least consider a healing class!  I'm sure we will see Warlocks and Gunners soon enough - how about a healing class?  Perhaps a Shrine Priest/Maiden type character using a bow?

Edited by GladDog

Teisho   

This is not a traditional MMO, so I don't think that healers would really fit.

Also, I really wish that people would stop talking about this supposed "Gunner" class when it's nothing more than a relic of the past (i.e. a scrapped idea).

Edited by Teisho

Zofi   

I highly doubt that we will see a healing class.  It would kind of defeat the purpose of dodging and playing skillfully in groups.  Now if we're thinking of a combat medic or priestess type of character, maybe, but I don't see them creating a purely "heal" based character.

rocdog   

I really don't see healers coming.  Players who pay attention to their defensive abilities and stats and gear upgrades, no matter what their class, have the advantage.

How the game is right now, I don't really see a healer role fitting in a party, the game is about martial arts, so it's designed so everyone can show off kicking, punching, stabbing enemies.

To be honest that's the reason I also like it, because it breaks from the more traditional 1 tank,1 healer 3 dps party setup which is present in most MMORPGs.

I'd rather the game keeps being like this, so instead of relying on someone to absorb damage or heal you, you have to be equally concentrated into attacking and dodging enemy attacks, makes it more interesting imo.

No thanks healers ruin PvP

Eh, pretty much this.

You have two real paths to take with this:

1) Healers are too squishy. They die before they make an impact, might as well bring another DPS.

2) Healers are too sturdy, you need a whole team to shut them down.

A good example would be Tera. Priests, at least last time I played, were practically immortal. Sure, you could focus the Priest, then get stomped by the rest of the DPS. Or you could ignore the Priest and fight a DPS that keeps getting healed. It's boring.

Another example would be (No one's heard of this) Priests in Rappelz before Master Classes. Ever seen one in PvP? They sit at the back and hope someone peels for them because they go down like a wet leaf.

I kind of like the way BnS is full of DPS classes that have to rely on mechanics and skill to properly get through content. It's much better than "Bring a healer and we can go full stupid while being immortal". It's just boring, honestly. That's where a lot of MMOs fall short - They feed into the holy trinity class design.

Xenire   

If you've played the game you'd understand that it would have to be entirely rebalanced to accommodate a healer. The time of the trinity is pretty much over anyway. If your friend only likes playing a healer then sadly this game just isn't going to work out for them -- BnS is strictly a fast paced action game where you keep yourself alive.

Perhaps your friend could consider the summoner class as they are somewhat support'ish, and they can heal their cat!

Edited by Xenire

Leggo   

Play summoner, its the closest u will get to support. Its a very versatile character and some of its skills can heal +shield the party,  + the fact u can save and help lots of situation with ur cat tanking and mass resurrect. I'm sure your friend will love summoner, tell him to try it.

Edited by Leggo

Mang   

Why are people so hell bent on a gunner class. I'm sure it would be utter shit

As Xenire said, the closest thing to healer in BnS is Summoner. It has 2 aoe heals that heals party members but the heals are on a very low % and does not make it a healing class.
F skill (forgot name) mostly heals yourself but also give slight heals to party member within range and give you loads of focus.
3 skill (petal storm) protects all party members within range from projectiles during the duration and if youre inside the aoe youll also get a slight heal every 2 second if the summoner have specced the skill to do it.
You can also give a % of your hp to the cat and the cat can give a % of its life to you. (2 different skills (Z and X))

But yea, Summoner mainly do aoe damage and cat can tank very well with their taunt and 90% dmg reduction. Id say summoner is more of a support then a healer but still do good dmg. And i must say, its quite fun to manage 2 characters at the same time.

Sygny   

Play summoner, its the closest u will get to support. Its a very versatile character and some of its skills can heal +shield the party,  + the fact u can save and help lots of situation with ur cat tanking and mass resurrect. I'm sure your friend will love summoner, tell him to try it.

I know I like it. BM is much more fun, but summoner is pretty cool. Don't forget to add skills to your cat that mitigate damage and pull it back. Until I did that it was always dead in Narrows. Then I had to do that bs cry summon for it.

Leggo   

I know I like it. BM is much more fun, but summoner is pretty cool. Don't forget to add skills to your cat that mitigate damage and pull it back. Until I did that it was always dead in Narrows. Then I had to do that bs cry summon for it.

Glyph it as your house cat, so it has defense, u dont need to glyph E (beakon i think its called) also glyph ur Q to pull aggro 2 points straight + 1 point in the right side , when u dont wanna tank just remove that right side point. When your cat is in danger or u want it to keep aggro press Q, when Q is in cooldown and your cat is in danger press E... Also glyph the yellow hammer skill to recover 10% of the cat's HP. All of this makes the cat very tanky and almost independent.  You should never have to use ur cry summon :P  

Its a very fun to play class, and it keeps u busy in a party ^^

Kitzu   

I remember reading a interview a while ago ( i mean months ago.) From team blood lust, that they didn't EVER want to conform to your traditional "rolls" Ie: tank, healer, DPS, etc.. and that instead, each class would be able to do those things on their own. 

AND it also stated "if you wish to play a game with those rolls, there are many games out there so go play one of them." if i can find the link (searching for it as we speak, i'll gladly link it :) Needless to say, i don't think we will get those "roll specific" classes :) but we will have to see!

Lambda   

.  It's a good support role,

a good healer is always appreciated in any game. 

Get out of hardcore mode and at least consider a healing class! 

Let me ask you something.

In a game where all classes can heal themselves and do significant damage, what use is a class that specializes in healing at a cost to damage?

and if your answer to that is anything besides "not much - none", why should such a class be implemented when it must depend on someone else to dps for it, while contributing nothing to the table?

And if your answer is "Just change the other classes so they need healer!" for that, why destroy the entire cemented balance of a game just for people who don't want to take a more active role in the game?

TakunDes   

This is a martial arts game. there are already summoner class who can heal. as said on top healer will ruined PVP so no,

GladDog   

I remember reading a interview a while ago ( i mean months ago.) From team blood lust, that they didn't EVER want to conform to your traditional "rolls" Ie: tank, healer, DPS, etc.. and that instead, each class would be able to do those things on their own. 

AND it also stated "if you wish to play a game with those rolls, there are many games out there so go play one of them." if i can find the link (searching for it as we speak, i'll gladly link it :) Needless to say, i don't think we will get those "roll specific" classes :) but we will have to see!

Well then, I guess that is my option.  I have been playing with the same friends for a very long time, and my loyalty is to my friends, not any game.  While I liked B&S a lot, I'll stick with my friends, including the one that primarily plays a healer.

Seeya, and I don't have any stuff to leave behind...

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this dilemma...

Renn   

Well then, I guess that is my option.  I have been playing with the same friends for a very long time, and my loyalty is to my friends, not any game.  While I liked B&S a lot, I'll stick with my friends, including the one that primarily plays a healer.

Seeya, and I don't have any stuff to leave behind...

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this dilemma...

I really don't understand all the hostility going on for a question post when the OP hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Sorry guy. You would have to hop to a different game as we have a niche title here. There will "never" be plans for a "healer/support" because every class would have their own ways to support the group and heal themselves. This is more like a fighting game than a standard MMO or a brawler like DFO. Now something may change years down the road for Team Bloodlust, but for now, healers making their way into the game is currently "improbable/impossible."

Lambda   

I really don't understand all the hostility going on for a question post when the OP hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Sorry guy. You would have to hop to a different game as we have a niche title here. There will "never" be plans for a "healer/support" because every class would have their own ways to support the group and heal themselves. This is more like a fighting game than a standard MMO or a brawler like DFO. Now something may change years down the road for Team Bloodlust, but for now, healers making their way into the game is currently "improbable/impossible."

This.

Also, there's probably hostility because he's requesting they change a game that has been established for several years, without considering how virtually everything would have to be rebalanced around his suggestion so that a third party feels more comfortable playing it.

Nobody has been outright rude to him, but it's obviously going to grind people's gears when people ask that a working system be turned on its head, when the easier solution is "play another game with your friend". Nothing's stopping him from playing here, too. He just has to realize that this is one of those games where healing is self managed. 

As was said before, he could also ask his friend what he thinks about summoner. The whole focus of that class is as close to healer as one is going to get. 

Edited by Lambda

Ren36   

Every class has skills to heal themselves.
With a purple gem you´ll even steal a good amount of life from your enemy.

If a healing class would be added, the gameplay would also drastically change.

Most of the time people wouldn´t bother to evade or look out for their HP, since evading would disrupt the dps-flow and the fault would be with the healers if the party gets rekt.
In other words, BnS would degenrate to a mindless Hack n´ Slay MMO with healers as their strut. The word "skill-based" wouldn´t come to my mind after that & I would ultimately leave BnS for good.

The only class I would like to see in the future is a Force Acupuncture Master with some boosting skills for himself (or even the party, like the Warlock already has)

acupuncture1.jpg

acupuncture210.jpg

I usually play healers myself BUT have come to enjoy playing the KFM

you can micro heal with summoner (kind of tried the class but not really over joyed with the lyn race though they are interesting just not for me)

I will point out that the idea is someone IS ASKING there is no harm in asking and I for one wish people wouldn't troll and/or be rude jerks just for asking about something .. the game isn't out of beta lets be civil and keep the "community" from going to the dark side and very toxic like most others are

M. Owen   

we have replaced healers with machines, but decided to call it dragon blood instead.

soon, your profession too may be replaced by machines.

Edited by M. Owen