Sign in to follow this  
ShadowsCrush

Mob Spawns / Spawn Frequency / Spawn Layout

While not specifically a bug, myself and pretty much every person I've talked into buying into the beta or has won a key and been playing with us has had the same complaint:

The amount of mob spawns are not sufficient to support even the amount of people here in CBT2, let alone once it goes OBT.

I can only imagine the rage people are going to have when there's a substantial amount of players all trying to get the same quest done and there's just a few mobs/gather points for that particular quest.

The problem seemed to get way worse in Act 2, from the very first map up to the desert (scorching sands?) mob placement was needlessly far apart, and spawns in general were slow, enough that I could solo clear the whole area and still have to wait for respawn.

The desert area was particularly annoying because of how large the map is, and how sparse the mobs are; if there was even 1 other person on the map it became a legitimate struggle to get the quest done...

I hope there are plans to bolster these spawns up in preparation for more players...

Katty   

They won't really change the mob spawn frequence but rather open new channels to switch to and try your luck on getting your fists on the quest mobs you need.
Then again the major issue is people play alone in the beginning: Let 6 Users battle for a quest about beating up 5 mushrooms. That makes a total of 30 dead mushrooms in that area

...it could be 5 Mushrooms if they were all in a group. :P

Edited by Katty

Enhance   

I have noticed this as well, and mentioned in feedback; the mob spawns are really scarce on some of the quests, even with the CBT population alone. Adding more channels and spreading the players across them would help, but not enough - changing channels is a gamble, and even when there's only 2 people - you included - you'd often end up standing around for 2 minutes doing nothing, or running around between the spawn spots just to see someone else get a first hit on a newly spawned mob just a little before you. There were 5-7 channels available at that location; the three I tried have all been camped.

They're not gamebreaking, and you only go through them once, but those particular quests end up being quite annoying (in contrast to rest of the quests, which I genuinely enjoy doing). 

They won't really change the mob spawn frequence but rather open new channels to switch to and try your luck on getting your fists on the quest mobs you need. :P

I don't know about that - if I recall correctly (from some of their streams, I think the blademaster one?), they already fiddled with the spawn rates and made them quicker at some places.

Edited by Enhance

I mean, I suppose the downside is people spend less time in a particular area, but I don't think negligible / menial quests really prompted peoples interest in an area to begin with.

At least with increased spawns people could mob up a bunch and get some excitement out of it lol

I agree, mobs are too few and spatially too far between. Some classes are geared toward aoe damage and it's impossible to round any up because they're so far apart.

Teebee   

yeah i agree some quests are hell because to many are doing same quests and not all want to team up for it

something like for example killing 10 wolves in the desert   if your lucky can be over fast but other times it can take close to 30 mins

just as there aren't enough spawning and when they do spawn it's first hit that takes the count even if you kill it which i really hate always happens to me i spend most time switching channels as way to crowded 

gets so annoying for something that should be over in 5 mins or less takes the fun out of it 

Edited by Teebee

I started in CBT1, and didn't have any problems, I just swapped channels when things got crowded. If you open the channel list from the menu in the lower right, rather than around the mini map in the upper right, in that first big area the channels could go up to 100, many past about 30 were greyed out, so you couldn't go to them, but there were still a lot of channels available for people to go to.

Kira   

I started in CBT1, and didn't have any problems, I just swapped channels when things got crowded. If you open the channel list from the menu in the lower right, rather than around the mini map in the upper right, in that first big area the channels could go up to 100, many past about 30 were greyed out, so you couldn't go to them, but there were still a lot of channels available for people to go to.

That's nice when you have 60 channels to pick from, unfortunately it does not help much when you only have 2 channels available, which is very often the case later on.

That's all well and good but there's still a delay for channel hopping, and a fairly substantial one at that, something like 2 and a half minutes give or take.

That's a pretty hefty punishment for simply guessing wrong in hopes of finding one without other people in it.

Also, let's not forget this is technically an MMORPG, and one that is also supposed to have open PvP should people choose.

What's the point of that if every person is in a different channel?

Would it not be preferable to have more mobs and more people per channel to give it some feeling of population?

Without that sort of feel, you'll never get those "band together" moments of, X player is ganking people in Y map, and everyone shows up to give them the smackdown, or get wrecked trying.

That sort of 1vsWorld feeling is what a lot of pvp players go for, and that feeling of group accomplishment and justice dispensing ticks a lot of boxes for regular players as well.

Where's the fun in switching channels just to find 1 person to fight in a given area...or getting a group of people together to hunt someone only to have them switch channels.

Sign in to follow this