Misaki

Daily Dash

Misaki   

Not sure if this topic has been here already but if it has im sorry for repeating it.

My question is why is daily dash made so you have to be online for 5 hours...not straight but online anyways for 5 hours to get your 5 daily rolls?

I played in JPN before and there you get those 5 rolls at the same time. What's the point of this 1 per hour rolling?

Would be nice if we could get the rolls when we log in or after the reset happens. I personally feel this is kinda stupid.

Lambda   

I agree with this.

I don't have five hours to play the game daily, I'm missing 40-60% of my rolls if I bother to do the dash at all.

This seems like it may be a portion of the fatigue system, but it doesn't work for me as it is. the items gained from the dash are not worth five hours of my time.

Dash cooldown needs to be shortened or removed completely. You only get 5 dashes a day, why not give them all to us at once?

The point is to incentivize your playing long enough each day to get all five spins.

???

Who's going to waste five hours of their time on free gacha drops every day?

Edited by Lambda

Poppaea   

would rather be all 5 at once. especially since I doubt I would even play 3 hours a day regularly after the first few days. the extra rolls would never get used.

Estribo   

???

Who's going to waste five hours of their time on free gacha drops every day?

Not everyone. That's to be expected, of course; not every player has the same value metric for time -> reward.

Regardless of the length of your play session, you will always get one item at the very least. That is your login bonus, even if it happens to be rather worthless to you. Whether you decide to stick around for a couple more chances to get a better item is entirely your choice.

The system is set up the way it is because NCSoft would very much like you to elect to play for five hours a day. NCSoft is a business, and their concern is devising ways to part you from your money as often as possible. Throwing an extra four 'login' bonuses to encourage long play sessions helps to simultaneously encourage you to focus more of your attention on the game, thus potentially spending money on said game more often than you otherwise might.

I seriously doubt they will change the way DD works on account of the above reason. If they do, I won't complain.

Edited by Estribo

Or make at least the extra ones from Premium to be be used immediately. Since we paid for the extra bonus it should instantly. Leave the others with CD. Fair  middle way.

Misaki   

NCsoft might want us to spend half of our day to play 1 game but im asking why do the other regions get the 5 rolls at the same time?

Usually its if you have VIP/Premium bought you get 5 and if you dont you only get 1 roll everyday.

If its like this for us as well id like to get my 5 rolls at the same time since im paying for the extra 4 rolls.

Poppaea   

Daily Dash isn't strong enough to keep people playing frankly. I can't fathom a large percentage will waste hours playing exclusively for that purpose. Definitely not an hour. Might get them to log in. Either the timer could be turned down to 15 minutes or just remove it.

I'm more likely to say logged in to keep getting my guild orders fulfilled. 

BH5432   

It sucks that they made the Dash only give the item you landed on. There is quite alot of room there to get nothing but crap rolls. "oh thanks for the dumpling.. again"

Makifaro   

My opinion is that the DD is only a reward for playing a few hours. Players who play more can get faster through the roll and players who play less can go to the roll too but need mabye 2 or 3 days more. So a player who plays arround 5 hours a day can live without it cause he can get everything he needs in the 5 hours of playtime. (its only a goodie for them)

So I agree with the system. (and i play maybe 2 or 3 hours max) Mention that premium players get 5 spins and not premium got 3 spins.  

GnatB   

Not sure if this topic has been here already but if it has im sorry for repeating it.

My question is why is daily dash made so you have to be online for 5 hours...not straight but online anyways for 5 hours to get your 5 daily rolls?

I played in JPN before and there you get those 5 rolls at the same time. What's the point of this 1 per hour rolling?

Would be nice if we could get the rolls when we log in or after the reset happens. I personally feel this is kinda stupid.

Have to agree.  It also doesn't seem to neccessarily pop up obviously when the cooldown is done.  I only ever see the notice after changing characters.  Seeing as I don't think I've ever gotten my full 5 spins, it sort of makes the extra spins from being a subscriber pointless.

zxcq13   

The cd on the daily dash is pointless.I'd like to see it removed.

In the first place, not everyone is a 15 year old that does not care about school and plays games all day.

Edited by zxcq13

GnatB   

My 2 cents after looking at the other thread:

1.  Get rid of the spin.

2.  Get rid of the cooldown

Advance subscribers 5 spaces, and give them those 5 items.  Advance non-subscribers 3 spaces, and give them those 3 items.  Disperse the items more so they feel less "good stuff clumped together".

1.  Get rid of the spin.

Advance subscribers 5 spaces, and give them those 5 items.  Advance non-subscribers 3 spaces, and give them those 3 items.  Disperse the items more so they feel less "good stuff clumped together".

this is a horrible idea. *end comment*

Misaki   

I don't mind the spin so much but i do mind the 1 spin every hour. 

Stuff that you get from this arent that good but seeing as the unsealing talismans are hard to come by those i like...and the 2 gems...which most likely will be removes because it would be unfair to the non premium people...

They should really check how things are done in the other regions ..im not saying we should be like them 100% but how they handle the game is very customer friendly.

Edited by Misaki

BigJ01   

1.  Get rid of the spin.

Agree with Yuri above, terrible idea. They already said they won't give you every item you pass, that was just in the beginning to speed things up but people complained about difficulty so they changed it.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to be on 5 hours so I do not see what you guys are complaining about. Both daily dash and crafting orders keep running while you're offline, so really you just need to log on 5 times a day at least an hour apart each.

Even if I'm missing something and you need to be online, the Daily Dash is simply a playtime reward system. You play longer, you get more rewards, you play less then you get less rewards. Daily dash DOES NOT make or break the game, you'll do fine if you don't get all the spins everyday.

Drakor   

The daily dash is there too give you something that you might need/want without having too buy it off of trade or from the cash store, it is done as a nicety. And what is wrong with having 5 rolls a day ? You don't have too play for 5 hours straight all you need to do is log in 5 times each day an hour appart too get your 5 items. I really like this idea, haven't seen it in other games it is usually just 1 item a day when you 1st log in and thats it and it is an iten that the game makers decide too give you here at least you have a chace at getting something that you want.

Edited by Drakor

Misaki   

But why do you guys think it would be so wrong to get that 5 rolls instanly when you log in or when the reset happens?

And you get 5 rolls if your paying for premium...so in my opinion we should get our rolls without having to log in or stay in for certain periods of times.

+ this system doesnt work with people that are in school or work/ or just have a life in general. 

Edited by Misaki

Drakor   

Yeah that would be nice too have all 5 rolls at once if you pay the monthly fee for the game as an incentive.

Why people want easier things? I think you looking at it the wrong way. It's not that you get certain amount of spin is that every certain hr you get to spin the wheel. And there is a limit of how many times you get to do it. It doesn't work like you think it does.