Ajee

Guide: A guide how to check your ping

Ajee   
The servers are flooded with questions how to check ping and since there's no in-game method to check it, here's how to do it properly:

1. Download PsTools from Microsoft TechNet it includes a utility called PsPing, direct link here.

2. Extract the zip file somewhere and navigate to it and hold Shift and right click somewhere in the folder, click "Open command window here".

3. For the Soha EU server type psping 206.127.149.3:10100 (for other servers check below) in the window that popped up and press Enter.

IP 206.127.149.3 is Soha (EU) server.

IP 64.25.37.238 is Mushin (NA) server.

Don't forget the port 10100 (psping.exe IP:port) after specifying server IP.

The other EU/NA servers are located in the same respective data center so it shouldn't matter.

Have fun! =)

Thanks a lot .. my latency on NA 220~ on EU 110~

why with this tool I can ping the server and with normal ping command i can't ?

I suspect there's an anti DDoS protection system that blocks IP's that are either not whitelisted or don't have some kind of ID key that gets sent when logging in through the game. Have you tried the CMD while logged in?

I'm not a networking guy so really these are just guesses.

Prolix   

Maybe a stupid question but when I paste the IP of the EU server '206.127.149.3'. I get that the server is located in Austin - Texas. 

Is this correct?

Valiant   

Maybe a stupid question but when I paste the IP of the EU server '206.127.149.3'. I get that the server is located in Austin - Texas. 

Is this correct?

Sadly yes, EU server located down in Austin-Texas

They just indirect connect us through some EU server and that explain why we lagging :)

So yah that wonderful of them

Valiant   

Thanks a lot .. my latency on NA 220~ on EU 110~

why with this tool I can ping the server and with normal ping command i can't ?

I got same results still need an WTfast server to play on EU, lol

Valiant   

wtf, so we dont really a server located in EU? The one they said located in germany is bullshjt?

You know what do WTFast do ?

They locate a server for you to connect you indirect with fast way to the game server

That what EU serve plan do, Just indirect way to connect you to Austin Server with fast ping using EU server 

But the real Serve located in USA, They just connect you trough EU server which not helping at all

Edited by Valiant

Purarity   

did they just straight up lied to us then? xD

I understand it will reduce the ping to their US server drastically but you can never get the ping as if the server were in germany.

That psping thingy says i'll hit max 68ms while resource monitor shows +300ms.

So which one is our little liar ? I didn't play on asian servers before so i don't know how it feels on three digit latencies.

I just made a topic about this too (https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/142660-eu-servers-still-connecting-to-ips-in-usa-causing-massive-lag/)

It was the same last CBT weekend and other german players were reporting the same issue.

I'd really like to hear some official statement from NCSoft on this!

my guess is Eu launch servers will be in Germany  these close beta servers are for testing nothing more wouldn't surpirse me if they stop existing  after the last beta.

after all we have fraction of people  that will be logging into the game on jan 19

Sylla   

Or you could forget about downloading extracting and port forwarding, and just do this: https://imgur.com/a/OvHdw

Or even better, a ping meter could be added to the GUI in order to save everyone the trouble.

I have like 4-5 pings, which one is saying my actual ping?

AttacKat   

You know what do WTFast do ?

They locate a server for you to connect you indirect with fast way to the game server

That what EU serve plan do, Just indirect way to connect you to Austin Server with fast ping using EU server 

But the real Serve located in USA, They just connec you trough EU server which not helping at all

The source of this information is?

Ginny   

Port 10241 is actual game server.

EU gameplay and chat servers are in the EU (Community Managers have said this before several times), except for the web services, e.g. Character Info and Marketplace, which for some reason are still in the US (Dallas, Texas).

Edited by Ginny

Valiant   

Port 10241 is actual game server.

EU gameplay and chat servers are in the EU (Community Managers have said this before several times), except for the web services, e.g. Character Info and Marketplace, which for some reason are still in the US (Dallas, Texas).

You know that Character information and Marketplace suppose to be located into Database ? So Eu database located into Texas ?

The source of this information is?

Network study xD

And beside just look at what they said before, Character info and marketplace located into Texas mean Database located into Texas 

Edited by Valiant

Bardo   

Or you could forget about downloading extracting and port forwarding, and just do this: https://imgur.com/a/OvHdw

Or even better, a ping meter could be added to the GUI in order to save everyone the trouble.

What windows do you have? oh and thanks for this :)