MassAuthority

How is NCsoft going to deal with bots, hackers and exploiters?

Best way is to disable the ability to trade gold for Ncoin and disable player trading.

disabling trade is going completely kill gold sellers. several mmorpgs did this already.

No...just No....no trading between players equals no Economy.

And it won't stop them anyway. They will just find another way to "cheat" them or just spam nonetheless like it happens in Skyforge. There is no Trading between players ...and still is full of goldselling spammers. Will they give the promised gold ? no because there is no trading but that didn't stop them to try it anyway and spam away.

P.S. It was funny seeing some people that got scammed and was bitching in general that there was no trading so they lost their RL money and was asking them to do something about it :D

Edited by Shinonome

No...just No....no trading between players equals no Economy.

And it won't stop them anyway. They will just find another way to "cheat" them or just spam nonetheless like it happens in Skyforge. There is no Trading between players ...and still is full of goldselling spammers. Will they give the promised gold ? no because there is no trading but that didn't stop them to try it anyway and spam away.

P.S. It was funny seeing some people that got scammed and was bitching in general that there was no trading so they lost their RL money and was asking them to do something about it :D

Played an oldish game Lord of the Rings Online, last seen a gold spammer in there 2011.

Still, that doesn't count much since the game is low-population. You see one crude bot with some basic auto-it click thingie once in a blue moon and then they quit.

Still, people are ready to try trash what they can, in that game suddenly market was flooded with best in slot stuff. Turns out someone found a method to dupe the stuff endlessly. 7-8 years the game thrives and then BLAM everyone jumps at some exploit and there's no player economy any more.

Perhaps it's just human nature.

I played Archeage and bots ruined the game. They stole all the property so people had a very hard time getting housing. I also play Blade and Soul on the Taiwain server and there are many bots there. I don't think they affect anything the way that they did in Archeage. If I see them I either use them to help me kill stuff or I switch channels. That is the good thing about the game having so many channels :)

I'm playing Taiwan server when I can't play CB here, that does work at certain levels but I had about 5 channels worth of bots -_-, then I seen bots farm the field boss and seen bots been program pick up orbs for 2nd field boss in desert. Some were program pick up others were to attack the 2 statues then they all ran for boss was crazy.

I hope there is more than just Game guard in place, I remember old ijji GunZ had gameguard. hackers and bots tore through it time and time again, until it was shutdown that is. 

Prizm   

If you want to buy gold buy ncoin and sell it in game in the currency exchange shop. This removes strength from the botting community at least some.

Edited by Prizm

rocdog   

I hope there is more than just Game guard in place, I remember old ijji GunZ had gameguard. hackers and bots tore through it time and time again, until it was shutdown that is. 

TW has GG and is overrun by bots.

Nihagi   

Just a note.. I have seen bots on the NA server atleast.

They run around with the click to move system on set paths.. Jump over obstacels without problems.. glide with no problems..  and keyboard turn when they stand still and want to center in on something.
This looks promising.

Lakay   
For Botters how about a special PK system?

NCsoft create one or few unique outfit that works like a faction uniform that will flag other players regardless of equipped outfit,

they will all be flag red, so anyone who wear this outfit can PK botters disrupting their runs and deter further botting.

To avoid item abuse this unique outfit is assign to a random max level player can be durational 7 days or shorter,

after it expires (NCsoft can provide a little reward after or not) it is assign to another random player again.

In case of a player abusing this outfit within the duration, people can always report him/her to NCsoft.

Edited by Lakay

captcha is a great method. it doesn't have to interfere with intense boss fights. when the captcha pops up, give the users a few minutes to solve the puzzle. the pop-up should be small enough to not interfere with any views.

as someone previously commented, Tera was the one MMO that excelled at fighting botters/hackers/gold spammers. played the game for an year or so and rarely did I see any of the three. En Masse is an awesome publisher that really impressed me in many other ways aside from fighting the illegal activities within the game.

Endriel   

Best way is to disable the ability to trade gold for Ncoin and disable player trading.

disabling trade is going completely kill gold sellers. several mmorpgs did this already.

Black Desert did it and noone will play this shit anymore.

and pls stop this captcha shit. i would quit this game instantly when this happens. 

it only needs active GM's with ban rights! no GG, no captcha, no trade restriction!

Edited by Endriel

Sygny   

In Lineage 2 it was handled thusly. You walk into a bot controlled area. One of the bots comes to you and says. "You move now". If you don't they kill you.

After a while you realize that these are max level assassins killing mobs because they are farming money, and you leave.

M. Owen   

implement server-side checks for skill use/timing, pathing, and sales/transactions...

client-side 'protection' has never defeated determined bot/wallhack makers...

just an excuse.

In Tera, before they implemented their own system, we player when we thought we found a bot we would whisper them asking a question, if they didn't reply and kept moving/farming we would report them. They actually were fast in checking them and eventually ban them.

Sort of like ppl guardian's :D

But then again they had GM's like people answering quickly to such calls. And the Players didn't abuse the system.

Not sure this is feasible here

Well we do have the ingame trade cash for gold don't we? Doesn't that make gold sellers and bots redundant?

Edited by blitzRabbit

Tell that to Skyforge Goldsellers. There is no trade between players ...and still is packed full of goldsellers. They can't trade gold or anything ...and still they are there trying to scam players.