Sign in to follow this  
Fenris

How's the ping for PH (Philippines)?

Fenris   

I'm planning to buy the MASTER PACK coz been waiting for this game for ages >.< and i haven't got keys to test it out. just wondering before i spend 125$ on this game. Thanks!

Fenris   

Well that's not a good news  :o I don't want to play on an english patched game it doesn't feel RIGHT huhu T_T too bad for me i can't play this game </3

Well that's not a good news  :o I don't want to play on an english patched game it doesn't feel RIGHT huhu T_T too bad for me i can't play this game </3

it sucks but its the truth. even with a vpn you wont get less than like 200ping. u can head over to b&s dojo and see what servers all the english speakers are on in the asian versions. ive been playing twn server inbetween na betas. theres alot of english players and guilds

Midoriko   

I don't know why people obsess over a 200 ping or even 300.  Unless you're in a 1 v 1 arena, it simply doesn't matter.  Very few humans have a reflex time of under 220 ms.  The average is 269 ms.  

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/statistics

In open world PvP, especially with multiple players, I see no problem with that ping from the Philippines.   I used to play Dark Age of Camelot (which was very PvP intensive) and PvP server on EQ2 on dialup and did rather well. 

For PvE the ping is almost irrelevant unless it stays over 400ms and even then it doesn't matter all that much.  (Doesn't this game store 1 command ahead?  Or am I mixing it up with another of the "new" ones?)

With all the nodes and heavy traffic between the Philippines and the EU, I suspect that the ping to Texas, which will be very direct, would be substantially faster.  

Edited by Midoriko

Ninfu   

I don't know why people obsess over a 200 ping or even 300.  Unless you're in a 1 v 1 arena, it simply doesn't matter.  Very few humans have a reflex time of under 220 ms.  The average is 269 ms.  

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/statistics

In open world PvP, especially with multiple players, I see no problem with that ping from the Philippines.   I used to play Dark Age of Camelot (which was very PvP intensive) and PvP server on EQ2 on dialup and did rather well. 

For PvE the ping is almost irrelevant unless it stays over 400ms and even then it doesn't matter all that much.  (Doesn't this game store 1 command ahead?  Or am I mixing it up with another of the "new" ones?)

With all the nodes and heavy traffic between the Philippines and the EU, I suspect that the ping to Texas, which will be very direct, would be substantially faster.  

Well actually players can tell diffrence between 50 ping and 200-300 ping which is almost unplayable depending on game ofc. Regarding BnS i had really hard time hitting my defensive abilities while soloing

kidlat   

I think the lowest we can get is 180.

so it will be hard to play the class w/c needs precision iframe.

Dresden   

Managing fine last CBT with my Summoner at around 280-300 ping. Unless you're into the competitive PvP scene, you'll do fine.

pakjs   

What/how do you check your B&S ping? Considering the client doesn't show ping.

The tool mentioned by Ninfu only checks the ping to specified cities, and that one largely depends on the receiving ISP.

AttacKat   

I don't know why people obsess over a 200 ping or even 300.  Unless you're in a 1 v 1 arena, it simply doesn't matter.  Very few humans have a reflex time of under 220 ms.

A movie is 30 FPS, your TV is 50 FPS. A slow-mo clip would be around 15 fps. However, the human eye can detect up to 1000 FPS, but your brain can process up to 150 FPS before things become a blur.

200-300ms = 5-3.3 FPS. So if we only do 1 frame per 100ms, that means you will only see 10 FPS (slow-mo) . So yeah, your brain process a frame every <7 ms.

Your reaction time, however, is a totally different story. FYI: As driver see -> process -> react on an avg of 1.7 sec.

Will 50ms vs 200-300ms make a difference? Yeah.

Edited by AttacKat

Sign in to follow this