Sign in to follow this  
Effe

EU player, launcher and patch question

Effe   

Hello there!

I've just purchased a founder pack to be able to play the European closed beta test this weekend. I've downloaded the launcher linked in the FAQs, and as for region, the only option coming up is North America (I guess it has to be updated still). There is also a patch of 12.4GB it's making me download, I wonder if I'm wasting my time downloading it as it might be the patch for NA only or if I will be able to change the region after and maintain those downloaded data.

yeah this..would like to know as well. Don't wanna go through all the hassle of downloading NA client only to find out EU files need to be downloaded again

Kaosberg   

Interesting question, I'd much appreciate an answer as well, as did the OP i've just purchased a founder's pack and I am not sure if I should start downloading that client or just wait for a EU version instead :)

I have the same client since Tech Alpha 2, it has been updated once, from TA2 > CBT1 

In the latest stream, Julianne said that the region slider will containt the "EU" option before CBT2 launches.

So I would DL the client now if I were you. They'll just enable "EU" to the slider. Is my guess

EDIT : Does that make sens ? I read myself and I wonder if you can get what I mean. ^^

Edited by Kurtlol

Zorael   

Like Kurtlol said:

When you open the NCupdater, there will be an option for you to choose what server to choose, North America or Europe. 

I can't wait for the beta this weekend!! Play on EU servers with like 30ms haha

Effe   

I have the same client since Tech Alpha 2, it has been updated once, from TA2 > CBT1 

In the latest stream, Julianne said that the region slider will containt the "EU" option before CBT2 launches.

So I would DL the client now if I were you. They'll just enable "EU" to the slider. Is my guess

EDIT : Does that make sens ? I read myself and I wonder if you can get what I mean. ^^

Of course it does! Thank you very much! :)

pakjs   

Their FAQ states, that NA and EU players will be able to play on both NA and EU servers.

Meaning, from the server list you will be able to choose both EU and NA servers.

Which indicates that the same client is used.

Can't find the line in FAQ anymore, hence i can't prove my statement.

Edited by pakjs

Cor   

The client is the same for EU/NA you just switch which region you connect to in the launcher.

I got this so maybe the 12,4gb is a patch with fixes and more STUFF!

"Hello,

We have sent your information to our QA team for investigation.

While we are currently not able to directly assist with this, you may wish to try logging into the game this weekend (if you have access), as there have been some updates that might assist with your issues.

If it does not, our Developers will be working with our QA team to streamline the game more in future updates (CBT weekends).

Regards,

Lead GM Wavirox
NCSOFT Support Team"

//
LekeroleN

Brogg   

I got this so maybe the 12,4gb is a patch with fixes and more STUFF!

I would just like to mention that 12.4G sounds like the client itself, not a patch.

Sign in to follow this