MushinsWill

Blade and Soul Performance Issues: How to submit information to the team and obtain your DX Diag

For anyone who is having performance problems with the game the Blade and Soul team are requesting some information from you to help pin point the performance problem areas.  If you could please send us your DXdiag and a quick description of what you were doing, and where you were seeing the performance hits. 

As Always thank you for your feedback

How to get your DXdiag

1. Open your start menu and perform a search for “DX Diag” 

2. Select and open DXDiag tool

3.  Click the “Save all Information” button on the bottom of that tool.

4. Save anywhere that you can access it.

How to Submit your DX Diag to Support

1. Navigate to the forums by following this link:https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/ and sign in by click in on the “sign In” button on the top right hand side of the screen.

2. Click on the “Support Site”  button in the middle of the screen 

a. or Follow this link: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us

3.  Click on the “Submit a Ticket” text.
4. Select "Gameplay Issues" in the dropdown
5. Enter "performance problems", "DXdiag", or both  in the title of the ticket

6. Follow the onscreen instructions and fill out any relevant information in the Description box.

7. Add your DXdiag and any other attachments by dragging them on the Add/ drop files here section in the Attachments section. 

8. Click Submit.

bug   

done, now what?

Did you submit your CURRENT dxdiag or one you took during a performance hit while playing the game?

Daiceman   

Did you submit your CURRENT dxdiag or one you took during a performance hit while playing the game?

A game or process running or not will not change your DXdiag info. Maybe if he updated his drivers, but if you haven't updated anything a current DXdiag will be identical.

Daithi   

but now the ticket says solved and i got no answer, it is normal? should i wait an answer or this was just to get our info and work for a solution?

Sunahti   

but now the ticket says solved and i got no answer, it is normal? should i wait an answer or this was just to get our info and work for a solution?

i think it marked as they got it without tell you that.  :ph34r:

Submitted the DXDiag too. Hope you can fix the problem.

Though I highly doubt it as I believe this to be U3 Engine related and I don't think there is a "easy" fix. I think you really need to start tweaking deeply into the engine to open support for newer CPU/GPU models so you can actually

fully uses the available resources most high-end monster PCs have available. Because when I check my CPU and GPU settings they are literally sleeping and still this game performs SHIT in certain area's where my FPS drops from 121 down to 30 FPS.

And in these area's after I overclocked my CPU from stock 3.3Ghz up to 4.0Ghz my FPS suddenly remains steady on 60-70 FPS in the area's where it was dropping down to 30 before? 

This issue is clearly CPU related. Another thing I noticed is that this game does not use more then 4 CPU cores... even if I have 12 available! The other 8 just do nothing... Incredible !

Assassin   

i don't think you understand at all what a dxdiag is.

It's just system information pertaining  hardware issues in relation to the game you're playing.

Basically its a companies way of saying "hey... it's probably your fault but hey just to be sure our game is compatible with something thats obviously your fault send us this file"

(even though its usually their fault theres a problem running the game on a high-mid high end computer)

Among other things it checks to make sure you're running current updated gear etc...

Very poor statement there Assassin. You have no idea how many times it's actually the users own fault when things are not working as intended.

Think about not installing software updates, drivers etc. So many people are clueless how to maintain a computer. All they do is complain that it doesn't work or perform.

However in this case there have been many reports from players who do have up to date systems and updates and also experience these issues. So, it is very likely that this particular problem is on their end.

But, all troubleshooting starts from the user(s) that experience the problem, and scale up towards their own backend slowly after more through investigations and spitting through the logs.

It would be very strange to start inmediately tinkering on your own hardware or engine first, and then only to find out it was actually from users who have not updated their system for 12 years.

Edited by Shirolicious

Ren36   

This issue is clearly CPU related. Another thing I noticed is that this game does not use more then 4 CPU cores... even if I have 12 available! The other 8 just do nothing... Incredible !

Regarding your CPU only using 4 cores, Blade & Soul uses DX9, it cannot utilize the benefits of multi-core-systems, yet

The effects of multi-threading become visible, when the DEVs implemented DX12 into the game, which on another note would enhance the Graphics, too.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2900814/tested-directx-12s-potential-performance-leap-is-insane.html

3dmark_api_test_4770r_iris_pro-100575218

Hey Everyone! Sorry about the delay in the response! 

So to give you all more information, when you submit your ticket you're going to see it auto close, you're not going to get anything beyond that as for communication.  We are taking the information you are giving us and sending it right on up to the devs so we can work on fixing your reported problems. If you could please be as detailed as possible about how, where, when you're seeing the performance hit that would be most helpful.

As always thank you for playing, and for your feedback.

Kiosumi   

So to give you all more information, when you submit your ticket you're going to see it auto close, you're not going to get anything beyond that as for communication.  We are taking the information you are giving us and sending it right on up to the devs so we can work on fixing your reported problems. If you could please be as detailed as possible about how, where, when you're seeing the performance hit that would be most helpful.

oh ok thats good to know thanks for letting us know i was confused why that happened at first now i know why 

I think it would help if you edited your first post.

Phantom   

I submitted a very long, ranty report, good luck with that.

I'm hoping for the best, because I'm sorry but when I get 1,376%  more frames in Crysis, one of the worst optimized games in history..... Then you've got some serious issues.... 

Right now the game is unplayable on any 6th Gen Intel processor systems. 

i7-6700k processor, 3000MHz DDR4, GTX Titan X and 13fps while fighting in a group of 20 people?

That's a bit... 

Edited by Phantom

Daiceman   

The biggest performance hit I seem to get is from Blade Masters using their multi sword summon ability and AOE lightning effect.  I'll drop from 60+ FPS to under 20 when they use it in a 6 man dungeon sometimes.