XeroOne1

Q1 2016 launch vs Black Desert Online???

Seven7   

I have a reply to this thread - so why does copy and paste not work? It's pro BnS but that should not matter - what is the deal? Has anyone else encountered this?

Seven7   

Wow, so  much difficulty responding to this thread

lol

Here I go again:

I really like BnS, have played it, bought Master Pack, and going the distance.

Going to try BDO too. Maybe will like it, maybe not, only out the cost of the game.

Not sure why there is so much animosity between the two games (not talking about this thread specifically, just so many threads between the two games)

We are all gamers, we can enjoy more than one game (I imagine the devs of MMOs most likely play other MMOs to chill)

so at this point I have always tried to input - copy/paste - or type in a link to:

The Youngbloods singing "Get Together" from youtube

This is where I go awry and lose everything in my post, so if you care to hear it (I am old enough to remember the song from my young days) you can google it and listen on Youtube.

And BnS forums I am looking at YOU!  lol     no links, no copy/paste from Word docs, not a good thing

I have played the Russian black desert online and i can tell you that game is pay to win in terms of getting geared. whales can spent cash buying pets and costumes from store then resell it for profit. they made a big mistake with 15+ items being tradable. In Black Desert, that isn't the case. Someone with a+18 weapon will basically one shot someone with cheap +5 armor, and the person with a weak +7 weapon will basically do almost no dmage to someone with +16 armor. BDO is p2w to a degree. You would need to play thousands of hours to catch up with someone that simply dumped $10,000 on the game. Good luck having success in guild sieges if you don't have guild members that are overgeared. IMO they need to tweak the combat system so that gear doesn't make as big of a difference as it does. Obviously better gear should make a difference, but it shouldn't be where a +18 1 shots someone with +7 with no skill involved

i will play both if BDO comes out as not p2w. otherwise i will stick with BnS to play with my brother and sister.

Can any of you not see this is just a senseless war between people casting stones between two glass houses?

It is specifically insane when the conflict is wholly unnecessary. My advice: don't participate.

Cherish   

I was waiting on both games coming out.  Note I said WAS......

I bought the Founders pack here and started playing the game.  Currently I am walking the halls totally bored off my face as I wait for the next CB.  With BDO the more videos I watched the less interested I became.  Yes, people talk about the magnificent graphics etc but if the artwork isnt equal to the graphics it doesnt cut it for me.  BDO in my opinion has more of a dark moody feel to it where I have always been a fangirl of the bright and beautiful Korean graphics.  A few trips to the BDO forums also had me stepping back from the game.  I'm not saying I wont buy into BDO at some time but it certainly won't take me away from BnS for now.

NSBOP   

There is nothing to fear...BDO dev make sure the game isn't going to be competition to anyone.They will be there and they will have some playerbase and...thats it.Do you often hear about Eso or Wildstar or Rift(is rift even still around?) ? They are there and they have playerbase to some extend but they fade away as fast as they show in the scene.

Can any of you not see this is just a senseless war between people casting stones between two glass houses?

It is specifically insane when the conflict is wholly unnecessary. My advice: don't participate.

Always happens when two considered big online games pop up around the same time, same happened with Wildstar, and The Elder Scrolls Online for instance. Although I really doubt DBO will be out all that quickly, I'd guess there'll be a good two month, or so gap between the two. Online games tend to cool down a fair bit after the first two months of release, by that time some that may had been waiting on BDO, may have already firmly planted themselves in B&S, or as many do, be ready to hop to the next game, BDO in this case, and not long after that, hop to whatever else is being released, lots of ADD online gamers out there, and no shortage of hype for the "next big thing" these days.

rocdog   

lots of ADD online gamers out there

There's no need to be condescending.  MMOs are an entertainment, not a religion.  It's like a music album.  You like it, you buy it, you listen to it for a while, you go on to something else, and later maybe you listen to it again and maybe you don't.

I never heard of BDO. Just checked it out and it looks like a skyrim type of game and I suspect it will suffer from the same weaknesses sandbox RPGs typically suffer from: horrible menu navigation and UI, bad character movement controls, bad camera controls, bad combat, bad transportation, lack of linear or narrative structure. It might amass a cult following though, like skyrim has, but it's not really the style of game whose gameplay appeals to me. The graphics and character models don't look nice at all to me either, they look rather dated, stiff, and pixelated with shrp corners and obvious polygons.

There's no need to be condescending.  MMOs are an entertainment, not a religion.  It's like a music album.  You like it, you buy it, you listen to it for a while, you go on to something else, and later maybe you listen to it again and maybe you don't.

What's condescending about it? You seem to be trying to impose feelings that aren't there in what I said, lighten up. It's just a simple truth that a lot of people bounce from game to game a lot these days. It used to be that people would get a game, online, or otherwise, then play the living heck out of it for ages. Now with so many online games coming out steady, especially of the F2P variety, and things like really cheap bundles, or super steep Steam sale prices on games, people just bounce from one online game to another, and have a mountain of unplayed games in the "I'll get to this one of these days" pile, while still emptying their wallets come the next Steam sale to get more. I know my "I'll get to this one of these days" pile was getting pretty crazy before I finally put the brakes on that.

Edited by Phoenix Shi

Chekesha   

... Idk why people are comparing the two so critically and sounding so biased while their at it. These two games are vastly different with the only real similarities being the fact that their action MMORPG's. For people complaining that BDO has no endgame, please try not to forget that it's still a very young game in comparison it's still has plenty time to grow compared to BnS being like what....5-6 years old? Content wise OF COURSE BnS would have more even if we're not getting it all right away. Let it grow before ya call it a turd. Give it a chance.

... BDO is a huge sandbox while BnS is... well? not. That's something else to consider as many people love that sandbox feel vice a very linear one. Lol I had no reason to go back to that first village in BnS once I reached a certain lv aside from being there for 5 mins due to a quest. I personally hate that because once a game ages extensively it means that areas will become ghost towns due to everyone being at the end. Is that bad? No, it's just how a game is structured. Look at Fallout 4, GTA, etc. Huge friggin sandbox. It's a bad comparison and we all know it'll never come close to anything as good as that but still it's a Sandbox and people seem to love that. They're two very different game structures guys.

...these games are pretty different when it comes down to so many things that matter; so much so that I know that I'll probably play both because BnS has things that BDO does not and vice versa.

Two very different games guys. Two very different games.

I don't care about any of this, I'm gonna play both. BNS for competitiveness and as the hardcore game, and BD as a game to get lost in and enjoy the open world parkour fun.

Got both of their best founder's packs as well, yey me!

Wow, so  much difficulty responding to this thread

I really like BnS, have played it, bought Master Pack, and going the distance.

Going to try BDO too. Maybe will like it, maybe not, only out the cost of the game.

Not sure why there is so much animosity between the two games (not talking about this thread specifically, just so many threads between the two games)

We are all gamers, we can enjoy more than one game (I imagine the devs of MMOs most likely play other MMOs to chill)

Got Founders Pack for BnS and played CBT. Got Founders Pack for BDO and will play CBT. As what I see by now, that you can't compare the 2 games at all:

BnS is freaking fast to level, linear progress, many instances, most of them doable alone, Skillpoints might be adjusted at any time, "look at those boobs" and PVP. Seems like endcontent is centered on PVP.

BDO is much patience in higher levels, real classic asia grinder, reminds me of Ragnarok (remember doing 1% of a level in 1 hour was awesome fast xD), no instances, no linear progress as far as i can see, but story line nevertheless, lesser PVP. I like the "get knowledge"-Part of the game, as it's a young game, it might get some endcontent in the future or get not.

It's like comparing apples to oranges guys.... I'll see what appeals to me most in the long run, but will definitely try both at release.^^

NSBOP   

People think Blade and Soul is easy because they have top gear which will not be the case when the game launch.Do you know it will take ages before you could upgade from awaken 36 weapon to ultimate 36 weapon? And wanna tell you why? Because it require Evolve stone and in order to craft that you need alot of soul stones.deisign and pottery.Soul stones may not be the problem but the design(drop in twin dungeon)is.Also you need a potions from pottery crafting and it require materials and again design from Twin dungeon.It will be hella expensive in the beggining.Wanna tell you how fun is to do this type of instances with lvl 36 awaken weapon?

Tahmoh   

Bdo ;looks really nice but i have gw2 is i want a game i can play to explore a world with, and unlike bdo gw2 actually has a rich detailed lore and history to dig into and classes/races that make sense within it.

bns also has a really rich storyline and a fun world to explore and improve my character in, not really bothered about the pvp but i love the fact the arena part is styled as martial arts competitions so it fits the setting perfectly instead of just being some tacked on arena content like other mmorpg's have.

As for which one i think will be the big winner out of the two i honestly dont care, bns is the one i'm gonna play because i hear a ton of the toxic community from archeage are going to bdo which is reason enough to avoid it.

Valiant   

Bdo ;looks really nice but i have gw2 is i want a game i can play to explore a world with, and unlike bdo gw2 actually has a rich detailed lore and history to dig into and classes/races that make sense within it.

bns also has a really rich storyline and a fun world to explore and improve my character in, not really bothered about the pvp but i love the fact the arena part is styled as martial arts competitions so it fits the setting perfectly instead of just being some tacked on arena content like other mmorpg's have.

As for which one i think will be the big winner out of the two i honestly dont care, bns is the one i'm gonna play because i hear a ton of the toxic community from archeage are going to bdo which is reason enough to avoid it.

Enough say, AA and it's Community

Tsuku   

To simply answer your question,
Here's a 2+ years old video of BnS in comparison with a few month old BD online video.
BD is typically hit w w w w, wait for CD hit it again, spam some skill in between, who ever has better gear wins, brainless eye candy.
On the other hand, look how old that video is, still beats the crap out of that BD video.

Simply put, even if BnS is old it has what it take to be a great MMO because it was designed to be that way, little more content and improvements and development, while listening to the crowd, will take this game to a whole new level even waaaaaaaaaaaaay further than any other MMO.

P.S: to all BD fans you better start playing GW2 if you r so much into open world and really fancy graphic it beats the hell out of BD.

BnS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41n4qLD6yxs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32PLbUNY40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDlpMk4ESMA<<< more than 3 years old video

And finally ... OMG ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFt2qF_As8I

BD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMnlQLZ8jG0

This video pretty much sums up all the pvp and dumb brainless siege in BD

Make your own judgment .

Crowku   

I tryed black desert and tho graphcs are cool they are meh to me. Gameplay is very slow and boring. game is like a slave simulator. No pvp at least i never go to it, you grind mobs 24/7. Not my cup of tea. So blade and soul > Black desert. IN MY OPINION.

Lustful   

That's not what I have been hearing/seeing. I have been following this game's development for quite some time now. BDO is still in Alpha/Beta, not the finished game as some here have tried to make it out to be, so a Q1 release would be surprising. Second, not only is its character creation second to none among any of the current and upcoming MMO's, but it's action-oriented gameplay is also garnering a lot of positive reviews. The naysayers are coming from those who want it to be a pure fighter, which it is not, or that it doesn't fulfill their particular itch for PvP. That's not a problem, except that up until recently, there hasn't been a lot of PVE content either, but the last builds I've seen show they're even improving on that. I doubt it's going to offer much if they do release in Q1, as it probably needs to bake in a bit more content first. What it does have is a robust crafting system and the ability to purchase property and build player homes. It's definitely got more of the sandbox vibe, than most MMORPGs, while harkening to the Witcher series in its style of Fantasy.

All-in-all, I don't see BDO as direct competition for BnS -- they fill different niches in the market. And if they get the content thing worked out, I will definitely be playing BDO, no mater how much I am now in love with BnS.

I feel as if 90% of your statements are false. Have you played BDO in another region? Or are you just going off of reviews and what not?

The game has released in KR, and that's what a lot of people are basing their opinion on, as am I (being a KR player since it was in beta there).

I do agree that the character creation was great, once that was implemented, but other than that, the game is lacking heavily.

I'm not comparing it to BnS because I do agree that the two games aren't very relative in most senses.

The combat if fairly sloppy, requires no real thought and very limited. Sure, you can hit multiple mobs with a sword swing, but that's all you will

find yourself doing, swinging your sword back and forth. (There isn't much differences with the other classes.)

The economy has been trashed since the release. (Like it's literally ruined)

And like you said, there isn't much content, it gets so unbearably repetitive and boring. (Coming from someone who doesn't mind grinding 3 days

to get half a bar of exp. ie) Cabal 1, Silkroad, etc)

Honestly, I did want BDO to be successful, but I can't see it being that way. The same company is producing it in all regions, so unless the game is

completely different, it will more than likely fail pretty quick.

Although I hate to say this (already cringing), even ArcheAge was a better "sandbox" mmo, maybe not to the extent, but capability to survive, even

if that is pushing it.

kotoff   

I dont think that BDO is a sandbox game. Once you have levels in a game its not sandbox. It sets a clear goal for you: level up. Grind. Get more money for enchantments. Etc. You cant just say: fk that, I dont wanna level, I wanna do other things! 

Open world doesnt mean that game is sandbox.

The truly sandbox games are EVE or minecraft because these games never set any goals for you. You can really do whatever you want. 

Edited by kotoff

Yea I was hyped too about BDO , but after I tryed , personaly , the PvP is very poor nothing compared to BnS PvP , endgame content is poor as well , if u took away the graphics , which btw are not that better than BnS , BDO cannot touch BNS in the market , and shall I mention , who will buy a game that can be played for free already ?