Bravely-Defiant

About Low Level Camping

Daithi   

I only end up repeating myself at this point, but if you guys really love the idea of being camped as low-levels and then angrily camping in revenge - so be it. None of the excuses like "don't like it - don't play it", "don't wear the uniform if you don't want to pvp" are constructive in any way and mostly just deter new people from joining pvp in the first place. If you really can't be assed to think from a different perspective or consider making a game more welcoming to newer pvp players (which wouldn't actually bother you in any way), and wish so much to defend the right to vent your frustrations and feel more important by wiping lowbies, you should've just said so in the first place instead of covering it with opposing paradigms, "you're not forced to wear it"-s and RTFMs.

Peace.

Life isn't fair, get used to it.

"few people". And you said:

I brought up other points, and never the looks, so it's not the only thing people can use as a complaint. Therefore your conclusion was indeed funny (but not game breaking indeed!)

--

I only end up repeating myself at this point, but if you guys really love the idea of being camped as low-levels and then angrily camping in revenge - so be it. None of the excuses like "don't like it - don't play it", "don't wear the uniform if you don't want to pvp" are constructive in any way and mostly just deter new people from joining pvp in the first place. If you really can't be assed to think from a different perspective or consider making a game more welcoming to newer pvp players (which wouldn't actually bother you in any way), and wish so much to defend the right to vent your frustrations and feel more important by wiping lowbies, you should've just said so in the first place instead of covering it with opposing paradigms, "you're not forced to wear it"-s and RTFMs.

Peace.

I believe the hand holding, carebear game you're looking for is WoW.  Bye bye.

Zerecas   

If you are to include level limitation in each area, then why bother about having faction against each other in the first place? 

It does not make any sense when you see an opposition faction over there but couldn't attack just because of the level gap or vice versa.

"Oh great! an enemy! Oh wait, low levels, better let this peasant lives so that he could kill me one day. *Sounds like many anime villains would do*"

Ren36   

Can someone explain to me why they just don´t wear their outfit until they reached lvl cap?

It´s common sense to wait with any serious PvP/Faction related stuff. (Exception: Weekend-Key-Users - but then you shouldn´t complain)
Ofc do your dailies, 1G+, but anything beside it is suicide and a waste of time.
At least after the 3rd death anyone would realise it.

As for the people, who aim for low level, are in various fields "low", too, just for the record.

Weifong   

If you want real fight, dont wear pvp outfit till you hit 45. If you want to fight no matter what, take the risk. It's simple... i bet you guys are old enough to get through this lol

The matter you're facing, those lvl 45 who killed you had faced.

Srry for my bad english xD

*Cupcake*! Some of you are dense as a crate of bricks! Can't see the forest for the trees.

So maybe you, a self-inflated veteran, can survive in a PvP match with a score of opponents ten or more levels above yours.  I doubt it, but slow clap for you.  But even so, you're so arrogant on one hand about your abilities while at the same time in fear that someone, anyone, might make a suggestion that might upset your "good thing".  You want things to never, ever change because that might mean your niche advantages might suddenly evaporate. No, it would be better if this product and this franchise were to stay exactly like it is in the preceding Asian markets, even if that ultimately means stagnation.  But we mustn't upset the applecart, should we?

In your zeal to preserve this status quo, broken as it might be, you are not only forgetting this product can and must evolve over time. But you are totally ignoring or outright denying the issues being raised.  It doesn't matter if a small minority of players like you enjoy the game's configuration as it currently stands, because it has to be tuned to the community as a whole and not your own prurient interests.  I and others have repeatedly tried to impress upon you self-centered elitists that there is an ongoing problem with camping and targeting lowbies even when the game offers no rewards for such behavior.  You want to pass it off and say its the lowbie's fault for attempting PvP before they're high enough in level to survive two seconds, and given that the offenders are often at level cap, then you are, regardless of you're protestations to the contrary, party to keeping anyone out of PvP who you think doesn't measure up.  If this game were more PvE oriented, that might mitigate some of the offensiveness your "let 'em eat (cup)cake" attitude engenders.

Without the larger community, including the newbies and lowbies, the latter of which outnumber us all and for which the long term prospects of this game are desperately dependent upon, you wouldnt have a game in NA/EU in the first place.  If the abuse of other players is allowed to fester, you're just going to drive off the new blood this franchise needs and kill the very golden goose you claim to want to preserve.  The pity about all of this is that these are problems common to a lot of MMO's, and many of them have had to implement stronger measures to combat them.  I've named several possibilities as examples.  And yet the fear I see is that such changes might "nerf" the game or ruin your own personal experience, when the reality is that doing nothing and allowing the situation to persist will lead to the very fate you hope to avoid.

And this condescending BS against "Westerners"?  That shite is offensive as *cupcake*, dude, and presumes a hell of a lot.  Yeah, a lot of gamers in the West act selfishly, behave uncivilized and treat others abhorently -- what can we say about your attitude that is any different?  Rather than showing the diseffected lowbies the door, as you suggest, and if the Westerners are so offensive, how about hiking your arse back over to the Asian servers instead?

And some of you just don't like the riffraff coming in and "ruining" the neighborhood. "I got mine, so who cares about anyone else."

And *cupcake* and *cricket* your carebear BS.

No, this lawless shite needs to be addressed, for the sake of BnS and the community it needs to survive.  And if you refuse to support any effort to fix it, or insist on standing in the way, then you're just part of the problem too.

Edited by Metamancer

Sygny   

Open, unmoderated pvp has been a part of NCsoft since Lineage. The outfits are awesome, its not a pvp switch I can expect to get ganked if I run into a group of factioned players. The fairness of 2 level 4s against 1 level 4 doesn't make it any different.

Ren36   

*Cupcake*

I don´t think you´re refering to me, but do you actually know how much work it is for a programmer to change this?

I feel like that the Western Release would end up a completely different monster if it were in the hands of all the complainers.

A game is a challenge, if you can´t accept it, let alone adjust to it and have to force your own ideology onto it to win... *in the lower right corner is the exit-button

Selfish? I only act selfish at the point of burdening someone else for my own convenience. Then tell me what you´re trying to do.

@Metamancer

No either you are just a troll with way too much time on yours hands to type all that out or just plain stupid.  Sorry, "dense".  You're complaining about a system that a newbie doesnt have to participate in, no one is forcing them to put on that outfit nor is anything in the game.  Therefore any consequence is because they made that choice.  You dont walk onto a basketball court not really knowing how to play the game then whine like a little *cricket* because you got your ass handed to you and cry to change the game.  Dont step onto the *cricket*ing court, its pretty *cricket* simple.

Zerecas   

Oh look, another representative of the 'majority', maybe it is just you and your group that shows inertia to any changes that is non-pamper, perhaps you are the part of the problem.

Exaggerating it in any possible way just to comfort your own "baby soul" while the high tier is easily attainable, if it still takes a shit load of time for you to reach high level stage, this game isn't probably for you; in fact, many Asian MMOs aren't suitable for you, either.

And you wonder why does it take so long for Blade and Soul to have a western release.

Enhance   

I don´t think you´re refering to me, but do you actually know how much work it is for a programmer to change this?

(...)Selfish? I only act selfish at the point of burdening someone else for my own convenience. Then tell me what you´re trying to do.

Do you? Do you know how much work it is and of what difficulty?

Do you know the game development processes? Were you a part of a development team of any game?

I didn't think so. Especially not with the "burdening devs for my own convenience" idea.

Oh poor programmers!

@Unspankable

You didn't contribute a single cupcake to this thread aside from mindlessly bashing people that you disagree with. You're making completely zero sense in your analogy, and you just toss the same "no one's forcing you to play" cupcake across again and again as if it will become more valid. Make a suggestion, fire a sound argument for/against that's not simply calling others names and inflating your ego, or cricket off.

Do you know the game development processes? Were you a part of a development team of any game?

I didn't think so. Especially not with the "burdening devs for my own convenience" idea.

Oh poor programmers!

@Unspankable

You didn't contribute a single cupcake to this thread aside from mindlessly bashing people that you disagree with. You're making completely zero sense in your analogy, and you just toss the same "no one's forcing you to play" cupcake across again and again as if it will become more valid. Make a suggestion, fire a sound argument for/against that's not simply calling others names and inflating your ego, or cricket off.

I dont know how else to explain it to you, you're complaint is that low levels are being camped.  The solution is to not wear the outfit, it doesnt get any more simpler then that.  If you cannot understand that then hell go play WoW so they can give you a walkthrough with your game play.  And didnt you say you were done in here?  You have failed to explain why someone MUST wear the outfit, they dont have to quit playing the game its just one aspect until they become more familiar with the game.

So please, the only thing you've done is whine about a working system you've added nothing but tears and word plays.

Edited by Unspankable

Enhance   

I dont know how else to explain it to you, you're complaint is that low levels are being camped.  The solution is to not wear the outfit, it doesnt get any more simpler then that.  If you cannot understand that then hell go play WoW so they can give you a walkthrough with your game play.  And didnt you say you were done in here?  You have failed to explain why someone MUST wear the outfit, they dont have to quit playing the game its just one aspect until they become more familiar with the game.

So please, the only thing you've done is whine about a working system you've added nothing but tears and word plays.

I'm advocating a feature that I believe would be fun - open world pvp without overleveled players lurking for free ego boost, and I haven't heard a sound argument against it except "we're already maxed and we're fine with the system as it is". Sue me.

Ren36   

I actually do. My friends and I are working on RPG-gaming-apps. And I know fellow people, who are trying to build their own MMO.

Even with the several now "free" Engines at hand, like UR4, it still takes a lot of time.

Making changes is hard, if they aren´t superficial. You shouldn´t assume that programming is easy, because if you do so, do it yourself. Your own game.

But instead of writing everything down for you I´ll provide you with a very brief summery of what it takes to create your own MMO.

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/355/entry-2250155-why-you-shouldnt-be-making-an-mmo/

I'm advocating a feature that I believe would be fun - open world pvp without overleveled players lurking for free ego boost, and I haven't heard a sound argument against it except "we're already maxed and we're fine with the system as it is". Sue me.

*Lurking for an easy title*

Yes yes, because it has to only be about you and what you want.

I was killed early on in world pvp too. You want to know how I handled it?

I put off my faction outfit, pulled out my quest list, and went to become stronger to keep it from happening again.

And you know what? I liked it like that. It gave me something to strive for. I had a reason to level up.

I had a reason to get better. And I had fun doing it.

And when I hit 45? I went to the forest next to bamboo village, put on my faction outfit, and went for a walk.

I'll let you guess how many low levels threw the first punch, despite easily being able to check my level and maximum hp.

Helln   

How would it be open world flag pvp?(Flag because you have to flag your self for it.)  Unless you just want limted world flag pvp because that is what it would be. There would be nothing open about it.

Do note with open someone can come help you if some one or some group is blocking a area. Why is this? You will have always someone able to help you out. This is because there is no level limit for someone able to come and help. Compared to a limited where if you ask for help and there is only level 45's on at the time or people to much lower then no one can come to help you out. Since there is no one of that level range around at said time you want to play that area that is being blocked off by another group. Sure you could try your self but that person has better gear then you and more skill points then you.(Which would happen at any level difference. Same level there can be a gear difference.)

Edited by Helln

Enhance   

How would it be open world flag pvp?(Flag because you have to flag your self for it.)  Unless you just want limted world flag pvp because that is what it would be. There would be nothing open about it.

Do note with open someone can come help you if some one or some group is blocking a area. Why is this? You will have always someone able to help you out. This is because there is no level limit for someone able to come and help. Compared to a limited where if you ask for help and there is only level 45's on at the time or people to much lower then no one can come to help you out. Since there is no one of that level range around at said time you want to play that area that is being blocked off by another group. Sure you could try your self but that person has better gear then you more skill points then you.(Which would happen at any level difference. Same level there can be a gear difference.)

I can't think of anything more lame than asking level 45s to help fight level 25s you can't beat. If that's the mindset of people around here, then I can see where you're coming from, opposing the idea of level limitations.

And when I hit 45? I went to the forest next to bamboo village, put on my faction outfit, and went for a walk.

I'll let you guess how many low levels threw the first punch, despite easily being able to check my level and maximum hp.

I'll have you know I'm nearly laughing right know, knowing that I was right about you being one of the people getting ego boost from killing lowbies. Thanks for that. Great excuse of them "throwing the first punch", by the way, and you're going to deny that it was your intention in the first place. And maybe you'd tell them not to wear pvp outfit if they can't handle you. Are you acquainted with the guy on OP screenshot?

Edited by Enhance

Ren36   

I can't think of anything more lame than asking level 45s to help fight level 25s you can't beat. If that's the mindset of people around here, then I can see where you're coming from, opposing the idea of level limitations.

I'll have you know I'm nearly laughing right know, knowing that I was right about you being one of the people getting ego boost from killing lowbies. Thanks for that. Great excuse of them "throwing the first punch", by the way, and you're going to deny that it was your intention in the first place.

Wow, you can ignore more quite well. Why can´t you ignore Faction, too and move on?

Enhance   

Still waiting on my answer of why someone HAS to wear the outfit.

Never said that.

I said it would be fun to wear a pvp outfit and fight peers from an opposing faction without people thrice your level butting in.

Still waiting on an argument against that.