Labyss

Error 4049

Labyss   

When I try to run the client, there is a small window saying that a thing called GameMon.npz and when it reaches about 2/3 of the way a message saying "The game client encountered an error while running. Shutting down the game client.(4049.)" What should I do o fix this?? Helpppppp!!!!

Labyss   

Problem solved!!! Go to the known issues tab and if doing all that does not work, then you probably had trouble downloading the GameGuard for some reason like I did. To solve this issue, 
Delete the GameGuard folder in the Blade and Soul Directory, and then re-launch the game.

Please do not Request Personal Information 
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/forum-368/announcement-36-forum-code-of-conduct/

Distribution of Real-Life Personal Information

This category includes, but is not limited to:
Releasing any real-life information about yourself, other players or NCSOFT employees
Its in the code of conduct number 5.

anshang   

<snip> i have the same issue Error 4049. please help me

Please do not Post Personal Information 
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/forum-368/announcement-36-forum-code-of-conduct/

Releasing any real-life information about yourself, other players or NCSOFT employees

Carniage   

Problem solved!!! Go to the known issues tab and if doing all that does not work, then you probably had trouble downloading the GameGuard for some reason like I did. To solve this issue,<Snip> Delete the GaemGuard Folder located in the Blade and Soul directory, then relaunch the game.

i would like to get this rar file i am getting the same error email is <snip>

Edited by Realmwalker

<snip>

please help!!!!  thanks very much!!!!

To resolve this issue you should:

Delete the GameGuard Folder located in the Blade and Soul directory, then relaunch the game.

It does not work.   ok?

Carniage   

To resolve this issue you should:

Delete the GameGuard Folder located in the Blade and Soul directory, then relaunch the game.

i never got a game guard folder when i installed the game and updated it how am i supposed to fix that??

i never got a game guard folder when i installed the game and updated it how am i supposed to fix that??

Please perform a file repair, The GameGuard folder should be located in the BnS CBT folder. 

It does not work.   ok?

If you:

• Have provided exceptions for Blade & Soul and the Launcher with Firewalls, Antivirus, etc
  • Walked through steps provided in Known issues
  • Deleted the GameGuard folder then re-ran the client

and are still encountering this issue, please submit a support ticket.

Include:

• The error Message 4049
  • The .erl files located in the GameGuard folder.

Would be amazing advice to submit a ticket to get advice.. then actually get some response? LOL considering i've technically got like maybe a day or so more left to play.. Paying for a game, that faults ( i get it's beta) but then having to wait for ever... for a response. Post a full thing on the forum about how to over-come or a known issue about this and what's being done instead of leaving stupid "if this doesn't work try this" 'cos alot of advice goes way out the window when it doesn't seem to work. Exclusions, disabling firewall, deleting gameguard and client, fire repairing, allowing all through administration, re-installing and still getting the same problem! Perhaps the problem would be the issue with properly patching an update for new OS systems... more information would be likely better then being told useless information and then waiting ten freaking years to be told whats going down, considering we've paid money.

EDIT: Ok, so myself and a friend of mine spent the day, to which i'd still have NO ONE respond to me, guessing there are tons of people complaining.. 

<-to those that want to try this please do->

Go to your gameguard folder as well as the client application from the bin folder, empty your bin to make sure they're gone completely. DO NOT RESTART THE LAUNCHER! <--
Restart your computer, make sure afterwards you make an exclusion for your client in the main folder. After the computer has restarted, then restart the launcher and repatch whats needed. It should work after that, since there is very little information from NCsoft about this bug, and the amount of successful information this will be your best bet to get around this bug. If you exit game and it happens again just re-do the steps, seemingly it's happened to me again after exiting and restarting launcher.. hopefully they get rid of this bug. 

Edited by BAINSVAIN

Hello,

I just want to add my experience with this error (error 4047) with BnS CBT client.

Following are the short history of my trouble:

- Installed the client during first CBT session and it was running just fine without any problem

- CBT1 session ended but I was launching it everyday to make sure to catch any possible update that might happen to the game while waiting for CBT2 to come around and the client launched just fine and got cannot connect to server error message which i expected to get

- Starting from this sunday (11/8/2015), i was getting dreaded "Error 4047" message

- Search forum, Dojo and TW internet forum to search for the solution and advise and tried many of the suggesions and none worked for me

Solution:

The main problem was one of my Anti-KeyLogger program named Zemana AntiLogger (https://www.zemana.com/AntiLogger).

This is a well known program and never had any problem with any other MMO games.

By disabling the service itself and rebooting did not make BnS client happy, actual uninstallation was the only way to make BnS client happy

I have informed NCSoft tech support on this software so they can possiblly add this software into their database of "known compatibility issue" program if such database exists.

Just wanted to add this note just in case if this helps anyone who is having similar problem and noting disabling and rebooting machine does not make the BnS client happy, you actually have to uninstall program one by one on your computer which was very time consuming for me.

- Livie -

Edited by LivieOmichron