Sign in to follow this  
Cadencia

Idea about Premium Rank

Cadencia   

Hello :)

I didn't found a searchfunction for this forum, so if this thread already exists, please close it :>

As far as i understand i have to spend my NC- or Hongmoon-Coins to get my premium rank up.

But what if i just want to be Rank 10 but can't find enough items i like to spend my Coins on?

Usually i would like to save my Coins, for shopupdates.

Wouldn't it be better if we could get Rankpoints for creating/buying Hongmoon-Coins?

So basicly, there needs to be an option to convert NC-Coins to Hongmoon-Coins.

By converting or creating Hongmoon-Coins we get our rankingpoints.

That way its possible to get the premium rank up, without the need of spending the coins.

On the same time its not possible to spend the NC-Coins on other stuff (because its already

converted to Hongmoon-Coins)

I really want to get Rank 10, iam even willing to spend the Money needed for it. But i don't want

to waste my nccoin on stuff i don't need.

rocdog   

Hello :)

I didn't found a searchfunction for this forum, so if this thread already exists, please close it :>

As far as i understand i have to spend my NC- or Hongmoon-Coins to get my premium rank up.

But what if i just want to be Rank 10 but can't find enough items i like to spend my Coins on?

Usually i would like to save my Coins, for shopupdates.

Wouldn't it be better if we could get Rankpoints for creating/buying Hongmoon-Coins?

So basicly, there needs to be an option to convert NC-Coins to Hongmoon-Coins.

By converting or creating Hongmoon-Coins we get our rankingpoints.

That way its possible to get the premium rank up, without the need of spending the coins.

On the same time its not possible to spend the NC-Coins on other stuff (because its already

converted to Hongmoon-Coins)

I really want to get Rank 10, iam even willing to spend the Money needed for it. But i don't want

to waste my nccoin on stuff i don't need.

So you don't want to spend your coins why?  If there's nothing on the store you want, why does it matter whether you have coins you don't need for buying things?  The biggest thing about Rank 10 is instant WW cooldown, gaining more coins you don't want to spend and exchange slots for currency you don't want to spend.

Cadencia   

So you don't want to spend your coins why?  If there's nothing on the store you want, why does it matter whether you have coins you don't need for buying things?  The biggest thing about Rank 10 is instant WW cooldown, gaining more coins you don't want to spend and exchange slots for currency you don't want to spend.

Because the shop doesn't have all costumes yet?

Because i don't know yet, what of the buyable suplies i need yet?

Thats just for example. And its pretty simple. I want Rank 10 because of the WW CD. But iam sure, that there isn't enough content in the Store for me yet, to get the rank with current conditions. But if i could just transfer my NCCoins to hongmoon coins like i suggested, i could get my rank AND keep my coins for a later update.

Otherwise i have to wait till theres content i like to get my rank.

Maybe you don't see a big advantage in Rank 10 (Or 6/7/8/9). But it iam sure not only me want to get the advantages of these ranks without wasting money on stuff they don't need

Kitzu   

Soooo don't RUSH to get it, take your time, and buy stuff as it comes out? And wouldn't you get premium points for purchasing premium, Soooo buy  lots of sub. time and items that you want when they come out,

Brogg   

The only problem I see with getting premium points for converting NCoins to Hongmoon Coins is that you get premium points again when you buy using those Hongmoon Coins.  So in reality you would be doubling your reward.  Taking away the premium points from using Hongmoon Coins would solve this problem, however that would mean that all the f2p people would then have no way to collect premium points.  They need f2p people to have a way to increase their premium rank so as to encourage them to eventually buy premium.  Consequently, as it sits right now, I don't think that getting premium points for converting NCoins to Hongmoon Coins is a good idea.

Cadencia   

@Kitzu

Yeah...you need ~500 $ to get enough NC for Rank 10. So i should buy a 4 year sub?

The point is, that it wouldn't be any financial loss if we get our Rank 10 as soon as we got the NC Coins/Hongmoon Coins for it, right?

The premium ranks gives a little bonus to us. But why do we really need to throw out our currency for useless stuff or a sh*tload of subs to get our Rank?

@Brogg

Its simple (don't know if its simple to program though). Give premium points for creating Hongmoon Coins, not spending.

Also let us buy Hongmoon Coins for NC Coins.

On the same time remove the reward for spending hongmoon coins.

That way you can convert your NC Coins to Hongmoon Coins and get premium rank without throwing out your Coins now. Also F2P Players can get their premium rank and you can't use the nc-coins for other games.

This solution would help everyone. Even the ppls who throw out their coins for stuff they don't need.

Edited by Cadencia

Daiceman   

I think they actually want to incentivize spending your currency.  If you have a hoard of coins you're sitting on, when something fancy comes out, you'll just buy it with part of your cache of coins.  If you've already spent those coins, you'll have to either earn more or purchace them from NC.  Think of it as an extra push to get you to spend your currency in the hopes you'll buy more.

Brogg   

@Brogg

Its simple (don't know if its simple to program though). Give premium points for creating Hongmoon Coins, not spending.

Also let us buy Hongmoon Coins for NC Coins.

On the same time remove the reward for spending hongmoon coins.

That way you can convert your NC Coins to Hongmoon Coins and get premium rank without throwing out your Coins now. Also F2P Players can get their premium rank and you can't use the nc-coins for other games.

This solution would help everyone. Even the ppls who throw out their coins for stuff they don't need.

I can go along with this.  Good thinking on your part.

Cadencia   

Since this thread was closed:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/141100-where-to-obtain-hongmoon-coins/page-2

iam using this old thread and hope, that Youmukon reads it :)

Rank 10 shouldn't be easy to obtain. Iam totally ok with this. Also it is needed to have a shop, thats appealing is important. But...

Why does it matter if we spend our Currency or not?

When the game is released, iam sure many ppls only buy 1 - 3 Costumes. Now they got a lot of NCoin left, but nothing to buy (ok, maybe they buy some of the supportbuffs that are in the shop, but still not more).

This would mean, they are now rank 5 (if they bought the masterpack). But they have the coins to get rank 6. But nope, nothing to buy, so they have to wait for the next shopupdate and hope, that there is something in for them.

With the actual system it MAY happen, that some ppls won't ever get Rank 10, just because there is no need for them to spend their coins.

But how would it be, if we change the system.

So, someone wants to get Rank 9 (because remote storage is something nice). He could either buy NCoin and bind them to the game (converting to HC). Or they could just farm Gold and HCoin. With buying HCoin for Gold, they would also get their points up. Now, this player worked really hard to get enough HCoin, to finally get his remote storage. And he gets, what he deserves. He gets his rank without having to buy items from the shop he may not want.

Sure, other ppls would just buy NCoin and get Rank 10 instant. But guess what, ppls who would do that, will do it in either system. So this "But getting rank 10 should be hard" argument wont work here.

Why not just give us the option? I mean, it wont change anything for many players. Its just positive for players, that don't want to play "Dress my Cat".

Just give me one simple reason, why its useful, to not allow that.

At the moment its like if a child collects many strawberries just because this child wants to be nice and you say "Ok, you collected so many, now you have to eat all of them before i compliment you"

Just for clarification:

This is not about "i want to get rank 10 asap". This is about "Getting Rank 10 should be an archivement. But it should be an archivement for my work, not my shoppingspree"

And since someone already said "but why should i bind my NCoin to this game?" Yeah, good question. But you sure now, that some ppls would do it. So this is just an additional option. It could help some players. And the best thing is, it wont effect other players in any way.

Cadencia   

Yeah, you can get HCoin ig. Question is, how is this relevant to my suggestion?

Oh, could you please link me the topic, that already exists? I wasn't able to find it with searching "Premium Rank"

pakjs   

Give premium points for creating Hongmoon Coins, not spending.

With buying HCoin for Gold, they would also get their points up.

See the problem? Your intentions might be good, but it looks more like you are asking for a system, where it's possible to scam.

Cadencia   

How is it possible to scam here?

You can sell NCoin for Gold. So if someone buys NCoin with gold, the NCoin get converted to HCoin. So the person who buys get it, the seller not.

Would be nice, if you explain this further, because i really didn't see the problem yet

pakjs   

Can't say I have tried, but I'm pretty sure you can sell HCoin on market.

And if you would get premium only for creating them, then the buyer wouldn't be able to get any premium points.

But if you would allow to get premium from buying HCoin from market, then you can sell/buy between 2 ppl up to rank 10.

And if you allow to get premium points from spending Hcoins bought in market, you get the issue Brogg mentioned.

Loopholes, loopholes everywhere.

Cadencia   

The mentioned loopholes only appear, IF you can sell HCoin on market. Afaik its only possible to sell NCoin on market (and they will be transformed into HCoin then)

Lets Change "Get points for creating HCoin" to "Get points for obtaining HCoin"

That would mean you get points if you create HCoin or buy them.

so nope, not loopholes everywhere. There is one max, and that only, If you can sell HCoin. If this is the truth, my suggestion won't work.

EDIT:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/features-of-the-closed-beta/

description says, this only works with NCoin

Edited by Cadencia

Zyrelia   

Can't say I have tried, but I'm pretty sure you can sell HCoin on market.

And if you would get premium only for creating them, then the buyer wouldn't be able to get any premium points.

But if you would allow to get premium from buying HCoin from market, then you can sell/buy between 2 ppl up to rank 10.

And if you allow to get premium points from spending Hcoins bought in market, you get the issue Brogg mentioned.

Loopholes, loopholes everywhere.

Your primary condition is false - you cannot sell HCoin on the market. You can only sell NCoin, but the recepient of the purchase gets HCoin instead.

I sell you NCoin for your Gold. I get the Gold. You get HCoin. The NCoin then disappears.

Come on man, really ? That old thread already servered it's purpose. It's not meant to be the way you want to be. It's just doesn't work like that. You are not supposed to hang on into a huge amount of coins into your pocket. You spend them and that's where you acquire points to increase rank. They already were specific about the this. And for them NCoin is important, so spending time them it's a must.

Cadencia   

Fun fact, no official wrote here, right? And i created this thread just before the forum was flodded with alls the new CBT's. So maybe it wasn't seen.

And you know what? You think it don't work like that, some others may think it wont work like that. And guess what...others think it will work like that. So iam just using this forum for its purpose.

To make suggestions and the NC-Team may consider to talk about it. Thats what this forum is for, right? Its also for talking about the suggestions.

Since one of the staff closed the other thread talking only about "how to make the shop nicer" and "why you shouldn't be able to archiv rank 10 so fast" i wasn't able to anwer him directly. Thats why i posted my answer here.

Btw. since i wasn't able to answer you too.

Why would my suggestion disrupt the value of NCoin? At the moment you can buy a costume for 1200 NCoin or 1200 HCoin. It is already the same value. But NCoin got the bonus, that you can sell it on the marketplace for Gold. And guess what...this wouldn't change. So please, try to explain what you mean, because i really don't understand your arguments. I really want to understand you, but at the moment its like "I don't like your suggestion, so iam just against it"

So please...explain me, how my suggestion is hurting anyone

Edited by Cadencia

Fun fact, no official wrote here, right? And i created this thread just before the forum was flodded with alls the new CBT's. So maybe it wasn't seen.

And you know what? You think it don't work like that, some others may think it wont work like that. And guess what...others think it will work like that. So iam just using this forum for its purpose.

To make suggestions and the NC-Team may consider to talk about it. Thats what this forum is for, right? Its also for talking about the suggestions.

Since one of the staff closed the other thread talking only about "how to make the shop nicer" and "why you shouldn't be able to archiv rank 10 so fast" i wasn't able to anwer him directly. Thats why i posted my answer here.

Btw. since i wasn't able to answer you too.

Why would my suggestion disrupt the value of NCoin? At the moment you can buy a costume for 1200 NCoin or 1200 HCoin. It is already the same value. But NCoin got the bonus, that you can sell it on the marketplace for Gold. And guess what...this wouldn't change. So please, try to explain what you mean, because i really don't understand your arguments. I really want to understand you, but at the moment its like "I don't like your suggestion, so iam just against it"

So please...explain me, how my suggestion is hurting anyone

Because hcoin can also be acquired from game FOR free making NCoin almost pointless.. And just fyi this is just going to be debunked because it's not a constructive suggestion. It's not in the vision that ncsoft had planned.

You say cashop doesn't have items that are worth, we don't know that yet and for the most part for all region the system had worked very well for them and both for the player. Also this system is beneficial to the player as well because there will be items for discount specials sales that will still give you a good amount of point for premium rank. Their incentives is that you buy their products on cashop and acquire points from your purchases, not get points because you simply have money on your pocket lol.

You trying to get to rank 10 quickly and that would just be more against as to what they envision. See, you suggesting something different from what they established. If they change to your "method" that will only increase the difficulty to get rank 10.

As we have said, it's not about gaining ranks in matter of days, it's about acquiring ranks as you royally purchase items from cashop. And in a steady pace. The way I see it, if you keep bringing up same flaw argument then I suggest you to find another thing to suggest.

It's not about how is this hurting me or others. It's not that I don't like it either.

Actually, my question to you will be, how the current system hurting you? What's your problem? It isn't hurting anyone in particular. But from what I see, you just want to rush to rank 10. And it not like that lol. You can't rush something that takes time and progressive effort...

Edited by Master_Jey

Youmukon   

Since this thread was closed:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/141100-where-to-obtain-hongmoon-coins/page-2

iam using this old thread and hope, that Youmukon reads it :)

Rank 10 shouldn't be easy to obtain. Iam totally ok with this. Also it is needed to have a shop, thats appealing is important. But...

Why does it matter if we spend our Currency or not?

It does matter because we want to reward the action of spending. This very basic concept exists everywhere around you in Real Life. When you spend money, you acquire rewards. The more you spend, the more you are rewarded.

As I said in the other thread (and I won't repeat that a third time :o) it seems that your issue is a different one. If you find that the Hongmoon shop offering is not appealing enough, then make a thread about that and complain about that very fact. I closed the previous thread because your issue was not related to the thread subject.

Now, the way you increase your Premium Membership Rank is not going to change.

However, we are glad to receive feedback regarding the Hongmoon Store since that is something not fully locked down :) Please use the search function to see if there is already a thread about this subject. If not, feel free to make one. You may not receive any reply on your new thread, but it doesn't mean that we aren't gathering the feedback you give us.

Thanks again!