Sign in to follow this  
Pyuki

Why do you get less NCoin when paying in EUR?

Pyuki   

I noticed that you get less NCoin for the same amount of money when paid in Euro instead of US Dollars.

NCoin prices in USD;

Step-2-asset.jpg

NCoin prices in EUR:

aRKNypR.png

This results in the following prices (as for the current currency rates):

100 NCoin

NA price: $1.25 / 1.13€

EU price: $1.38 / 1.25€

Difference: $0.13 / 0.12€

Seems not that noticable, but an example when buying more:

4000 NCoin

NA price: $50.00 / 45.23€

EU price: $55.28 / 50.00€

Difference: $5.28 / 4.77€

I really don't want to be picky here, but it doesn't seem fair. I don't know about other countries like Canada or Australia which also have different currencies, but maybe they have the same kind of disadvantage.

Can anyone explain why that is? Maybe there is a good explanation for it, but right now it just seems a bit strange to me.

Kelebias   

What???
This mean that buying NCcoin from NA is cheaper than buying NCcoin from Europe. 
Does this also apply to founders pack price? Is it the same price in Euros and Dollars ?

100 euros right now are worth 110 dollars
fwtEHXc.png

Its almost direspectfull to your EU customers

8000 NCcoin should cost 90euros for Europe

Edited by Kelebias

Jem   

Which made me wonder why the founder's pack are more expensive on EU than NA... dem conversion rates.

Kelebias   

Will it work if i use a proxy server to route my internet traffic through a USA IP address and make the purchace in dollars instread of euros? 
Saving 10 euros every 100 you spent is a big deal 

quiznos   

GW2 was/is the same way with gems. Long story short, taxes and other gov't regulations were the main contributing factor.

Kelebias   

I dont really get it? They have 10% more tax if some1 is buying NCcoin from EU? 
And why no other game has this ? 
Why we always see diffrent prices in euros and diffrent prices in dollars?

Ren36   

They are probably being charged some fee to exchange to the correct currency ($). So they are offloading that exchange rate to the players instead of having to pay it themselves.
Edit: Because anything made in the US is subject to high taxes if it is sold anywhere outside of the US. (EVEN IF SOLD IN DIGITAL FORM).

Edited by Ren36

Kelebias   

Will it work if i use a proxy server to route my internet traffic through a USA IP address and make the purchace in dollars instread of euros? 

Saving 10 euros every 100 you spent is a big deal 

To answer my question....

I downloaded a VPN program changed my IP to New York IP and logged into my account. I got the price in dollars instead of Euros. I guess i wouldnt have any problem to purchace with my Paypal account.

They are probably being charged some fee to exchange to the correct currency ($). So they are offloading that exchange rate to the players instead of having to pay it themselves.

Paypal has a 1% fee if you pay in a diffrent currency. Not even close to the 10% we are dealing here.

Arisha   

First, prices for founder's pack is 125 USD, and other EUR is 112.

Second, changing IP or creditcard or whatever, is not gonna work so dont try it. I already have all the experience you need, so trust me.

Third, you can send a ticket to the support and they will GLADLY accept your request and change it to your currency.

How I know? Here is the answer:

EpPVPB.jpg

Edited by Arisha

Also, this isn't really that unusual, prices are generally rounded based on the specific currency. If you look at games on Steam for instance, a game that costs $20 most likely costs 20€ if you decide to pay that way. The difference is simply a result of appearances, and, although conversion between currencies can be a cost, it's worth noting that many large companies have money in many different currencies. In all likelyhood, the 20€ you pay Valve for that game on Steam is not going to be converted into USD unless it's needed to pay for something specifically in USD.

Simply put: Prices usually are rounded for whatever currency you are purchasing something in.

Arisha   

@Arisha think im misunderstanding you but there is a founder pack thats $125 USD

Im sorry that was my bad, I wanted to say there IS 125 USD AND 115 EUR or whatever ^^

Kalkin   

I am suprised this topic  didnt started sooner.

I found it cca mont ago and asked during stream on it. NCexclusive answered me this :: "Exchenge rate for USD and EUR are allmost same" I am not kidding official answer from NCsoft was that they dcont see difference in 100$ and 110$ wtf.

I am also pissed of because I am from EU but we dont have Euro so i must pay extra payment for paying in different curency than i have in bank and after that i will pay NCsoft more because they are thiefs....

Edited by Kalkin

Shuchin   

GBP is even worse. =_=

Can only recommend to pay in EUR or USD if you have the currency available.

By the way support was very polite in my case but not really helpful - they recommended I should travel  and log in from a different country to solve the issue.

Thankfully the onion server solved the thing for me...

Anvh   

I found it cca mont ago and asked during stream on it. NCexclusive answered me this :: "Exchenge rate for USD and EUR are allmost same" I am not kidding official answer from NCsoft was that they dcont see difference in 100$ and 110$ wtf.

We take the 8,000 NCoins as an example

$100 = €90,60

USD is without vat but the EU price is with VAT included often around 20% so lets add that

€90,60 + 20% VAT = €108,72

Surprise right, the EU price is lower if we don't include the VAT.

this is how i got billed for the Master Foudners Pack

JD10blM.png

For your information €95,03 = $104,88

Edited by Anvh

Shiro   

I'm sorry but VAT doesn't apply to virtual goods lol

I can buy anything perfectly fine with dollars from my paypal account, with no tax issues at all, as long as they aren't physically shipped to an EU country.

Anvh   

I'm sorry but VAT doesn't apply to virtual goods lol

I can buy anything perfectly fine with dollars from my paypal account, with no tax issues at all, as long as they aren't physically shipped to an EU country.

http://www.gamerlaw.co.uk/2014/a-practical-guide-to-the-eus-new-vat-rules-video-games-and-digital-content-sales/

From 1 January 2015, new EU tax rules will require value added tax (VAT) to be charged on paid digital content (like video games, apps, digital music and video) at the VAT rate of each EU country where its customers are based.

What you are doing might be seen as tax evasion, have you look at what the penalties are on that?

Edited by Anvh

Shiro   

That's only for EU business, and NCsoft is in USA.

This is a quote from your link:

I’m a US business exporting into the EU.  Do I have to charge VAT?

In principle the VAT rules can apply even though you are a US business, although in practice many US businesses do not charge VAT (or indeed localise the purchase process at all) until they have established a physical presence in the EU.  That can run risks, though for better or worse it has been influenced by the fact that the practical enforcement risk by an EU tax authority against a US company with no physical presence in the EU historically has been low.

I did some purchases from US companies this year and never had to pay any tax (I had dollars directly in my paypal account, so no conversion either)

On top of that, you can't honestly expect it's 100 EUR compared to 100 USD because of tax. I mean come on, it's not 95 EUR or 105 EUR, but the exact same amount as USD... doesn't take a genius to find out they were lazy and it's just a fail system.

What you are doing might be seen as tax evasion, have you look at what the penalties are on that?

Nope, I'm not doing anything, I just did a normal purchase so the "fault" is on the company selling. You would think there would be some drama for big companies if it was illegal though.

Edited by Shiro

Ren36   

I wouldn´t go around telling everybody what I did and didn´t in this thread. Just sayin´

Kelebias   

So you are telling us that EU is actually paying less than what NA is paying ? You must be wrong somewhere. I cant accept what you are telling is true

Just check at the subscription prices of other NCsoft games...

Wildstar for example.  Signature for 1 month cost 15$ or 12.99€ 
If we take what you say is correct then it should be like this:  15$=13.58€  so 13.58+20% VAT = 16.29€ but that obviously not the case. 

Anvh   

NCsoft is registered in the EU and they are establish here as well, they don't have a way around it.

Anyway the question was why EU prices are higher then US prices, the answer is still because EU prices includes VAT as you can see how i was billed.

Kelebias   

NCsoft is registered in the EU and they are establish here as well, they don't have a way around it.

Anyway the question was why EU prices are higher then US prices, the answer is still because EU prices includes VAT as you can see how i was billed.

So why doesnt that apply for other games? I gave you an example earlier using wildstar subscription system.

Also i just checked my billing. It is like this: 

8E1iGr1.png

I can see 0 Tax there

Edited by Kelebias

Sign in to follow this