Deioth

Dragon killing event

Deioth   

Hey everyone,

As we are nearing the release of BnS (the hype is real) we should try to farm (test) the Dragon between the Cerulean/Crimson War Tents at Misty Woods. The reason for this thread is also that the first CBT weekend will be the only CBT weekend where both NA and EU are together, which should mean we have more level 45s available and looking for things to do. We planned to do it as a guild but inviting everyone would give the following advantages: more fun, more realistic. This could end up in either successful Dragon farming, or a Faction PvP bloodbath (both of which should be fun).

We will meet up every evening of the first CBT at 5pm Texas time (NA server time) which is midnight for my fellow Europeans (CET time, as we go to summer time tonight). If you want to come please there is only one request (unless you want to troll): Don't use aggro skills (that includes the cat) or aggro resetting skills (that includes the ice/flower iframes).

Edit: As the server will come online on the 29th (a day earlier) we will also try to fight the Dragon on the 29th.

If you have never seen this world boss, this is the Dragon on the left picture (we will release our guide on it during the CBT), his spawn location is shown on in the middle (green dot), and the expected drops are shown on the right:

cKgP54Q.pngnwNMfPi.pngQD04mJ9.png

What do you all think? Is any guild / player interested in joining us for a serious Dragon farming event? We could maybe kill it once per channel and during the down time just keep killing each other in Faction PvP?

Edit: Well done everyone involved, we will try to kill it again in NA but most likely we will only try to farm test it in EU because the ping really makes this fight hard.

WmqTmJC.jpg

Cheers,

Deioth

Edited by Deioth

Jem   

I don't mind doing this but don't we need those Dragon Roar resist talismans? The dragon roars every 7(?) seconds and does a lot of damage if you don't have it on.

That and the poison. Not many have the dragon resist poison pots because IIRC, dragon spits huge poison aoe pools and stepping in it takes a chunk out of your health every tick.

Edited by Xandra

Shiro   

Does everyone get the loot if you do enough dps like for other world bosses?

Anyway this sounds fun, except playing kfm with 170+ ping is annoying x.x

Kelebias   

Thats a really nice intiative from you!

As i have never been in a fight with this dragon again would you mind explaining more about him? How many people are required to kill him? Can a party kill him ? 

Jem   

Does everyone get the loot if you do enough dps like for other world bosses?

Anyway this sounds fun, except playing kfm with 170+ ping is annoying x.x

Yes, everyone gets loot if you do enough DPS on the boss.

If you happen to die during boss and no one gets you up fast enough, you may lose out on loot.

Deioth   

I don't mind doing this but don't we need those Dragon Roar resist talismans? The dragon roars every 7(?) seconds and does a lot of damage if you don't have it on.

That and the poison. Not many have the dragon resist poison pots because IIRC, dragon spits huge poison aoe pools and stepping in it takes a chunk out of your health every tick.

Our tank won't have a PvP dobok on (he won't get loot but won't be a PvP target either), if you are experienced with the Dragon the poison and aoe shouldn't be a problem. We have no idea if the stats are the same as Eastern though so that's also part of the reason to test and give feedback on this.

Edit: sorry I forgot to mention the Roar, you can just iframe it (good practice too). Watch his head (when he shakes it)

Thats a really nice intiative from you!

As i have never been in a fight with this dragon again would you mind explaining more about him? How many people are required to kill him? Can a party kill him ? 

There is no enrage timer on the boss, in Eastern it took around 30 minutes or so to kill it the first few times. I would guess if you have 20 good players (without PvP interference or aggro trolls) you can easily kill it. Technically you "could" solo it ... if you don't sleep.

Edited by Deioth

Ren36   

Better than doing nothing.
Especially since Pohwaran won´t be available. Upgrading is also a pain in the a** if it reached a certain level and eventually is in vain after the Beta ends, so let´s unite and do sth. commemorative before time runs out.

Count me in.

Deioth   

I'll be there to assassinate you guys :)

Well at least you are honest about it, respect! :D

Ren36   

I'll be there to assassinate you guys :)

Can´t wait.

OP, we need a list of all the users, who participate(Cerulean//Crimson).

And at least double the amount of players to fend of the trolls.

Teiji   

Sounds fun. My guild (>= 5) will most likely join in. We don't have any experience with this boss though lol. But if we just dps and doesn't take agro or ice like you say, we should be fine. :D

Jem   

I'll be there but I'm just gonna watch. Likely record, too, if possible. Probably wont be killed since everyone would be under geared as *cricket* but a nice attempt would be amusing to see.

i agree with Huin delioth, im not gonna do this in a beta that just gets wiped. i just play a bit for the storyline and to get to know my class.

Rhy   

From what I've seen when friends tested it, the West has changed it so you absolutely can not iframe the roars, it will go right through.

You MUST have charms or you will get hit by roar.

Phantom   

Be a sport lads, wiped or not, it's about having a bit of community fun while learning how not to do a world boss  :D

Jem   

From what I've seen when friends tested it, the West has changed it so you absolutely can not iframe the roars, it will go right through.

You MUST have charms or you will get hit by roar.

Welp, gg then. 

Dgp   

This sounds like a fun idea I never attempted Poison Dragon when I played on CN because 230-270 ping, It'll be fun seeing how many times we wipe  :D

Edited by Dgp

Deioth   

Regarding the wipe comments, we don't just play Alpha/Beta to gain advantages ... we actually want to test all the content available. Imagine if it ends up at release that there is a bug on Dragon and no one noticed because no one bothered to attempt it?

About the Roar, if it was changed then yeah it will be a zombie rush I guess. Let's see we will try to come up with something.

Kelebias   

You're planning on farming something... in a beta... that will be wiped...

They are not gonna farm it for its drop but for testing purposes as he already stated at his first post. 

You could at least have read his post before you put yourself out and write a negative comment for no reason. 

Ren36   

I don´t get it.
This will be the first wolrd boss, who is actually hard. Why do you complain?

Aziraya   

I would like to get involved with this, but I need to level up to 45 first (currently only 30). Also, would it be ok to join in without a PvP costume? I really don't feel like being pelted by griefers while trying to take on a world boss. I would also like to know more about this dragon roar resist item.

Jem   

I would like to get involved with this, but I need to level up to 45 first (currently only 30). Also, would it be ok to join in without a PvP costume? I really don't feel like being pelted by griefers while trying to take on a world boss. I would also like to know more about this dragon roar resist item.

Sure, you can do it without a pvp costume. Pvp costume is meant so you can claim boss and if you do enough dps, you get the drops.

And the item is a talisman that is guild crafted (?) I believe. Sells for a few silvers~

Sure, you can do it without a pvp costume. Pvp costume is meant so you can claim boss and if you do enough dps, you get the drops.

And the item is a talisman that is guild crafted (?) I believe. Sells for a few silvers~

Wouldn't yuou get the drops anyway, regarding of what faction you are and if you have your uni on or off?