Sign in to follow this  
GrilledSoda

Mob spawn rate increase when population high?

I was wondering if it would be possible for you guys to increase the spawn rate on mobs when there are a lot of players around competing for the same quest mobs.  And before anyone says "just group up, this is an MMO you should interact with the other players" know that I TRY, but the number of people who ignore or refuse group invites is quite staggering.  It's as if players here in NA don't realize that grouping up will make everyone complete the quest faster and get out of there sooner....

For an extreme example, there was the quest to kill those guardians in front of the golden deva.  Had to kill 7 of them, but only 4 spawn at a time every few minutes (at least it seemed that long, the deva respawned faster than they did).  That would be bad enough, if not for the fact that you are competing with multiple other people waiting for the same spawns (and refusing to group up).  Change channels, same situation.

It would be nice if you could implement a system that tracks how many people with a quest to kill those mobs are in an area and increase their spawn rate accordingly (to some upper limit, cause you know trolls would mess with this), but I understand if that would be too difficult.  But either way, increasing the spawn times in general would probably not be bad as long as the enemies wait a few seconds after spawning before becoming aggressive.  That would mean a lot less standing around waiting for easy trash mobs to spawn, and a lot more actually playing the game.

Tahmoh   

Some folks seem averse to partying up to the point of ridiculousness in modern mmorpg's so this wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Kiite   

yeah this defiantly needs changing specially when game lunch its take from easy 5 mins quests to do it in 30 mins ... or longer    O(o.o)O

Teebee   

yeah a mob increase would be nice it's hell trying to kill the mobs when it's first hit gets the kill and any hit after does not count for you  

some missions took me so much longer than needed due to this i had to keep switching channels and like you said not many wanted to team up i think as they want there loot which is fair enough i guess 

one quest took me over 40 mins to do that should of been over in less than 5 just because of all the people waiting on same thing or maybe just make the kill count for any that is lucky enough to get a hit in 

Edited by Teebee

Yeah Teebee that's a good idea!  The first person to land the hit can get the loot for all I care, but everyone else who contributed gets the quest credit and any quest loot that may have dropped.

Sign in to follow this