Irulan

[Request] Training Dummy

Irulan   

Loving the game so far. I'm wondering if some sort of training mode or training dummy system is in the game. I've been using the purple quest system to practice combos by not completing the quest parameters, but they are relatively low level so we don't have many skills to work with. (Maybe something like this is available at higher levels I only got to 30 something.) If there is no such system I believe it would be a useful addition to the game. 

I agree. There needs to be easily accessible training dummies at lower levels (there are a few in Mushin Tower, but that's late level 45 and obviously unavailable for lower level characters).

There were multiple points during the game where I found myself wishing for some training dummies on hand. They're very helpful at all levels.

Shiro   

Training Dummies are at Mushin Tower hall later, but they should be available in all major cities for lower levels too (Jadestone, Yehara's Mirage, etc)

A training dummy would be great.

The dream would be multiple training dummys, not only punchbags but other ones as well. A dummy that knocks you down, a dummy that simply attacks you (to try out counterskills) etc.

So a big fat: YES PLEASE!

Want to add my support for this as well, felt myself frequently wishing I had a safe environment to just practice combos.  Even better would be a special room where I could hit a key to reset the cooldown on all my skills so I'm not spending time waiting to retry combos that have skills with long cool downs.

Akarri   

Yes. Some type of additional or repeatable training is needed.  Or a place to practice combos and attacks, and review more tutorial combos and skill links. Much like Brother training. 

Brother training is too short, and very early in the game, before we really learn skills or understand skills.   In general some type of review or review tutorial while fighting a training dummy would be ideal, thanks!

AttacKat   

Yes. Some type of additional or repeatable training is needed.  Or a place to practice combos and attacks, and review more tutorial combos and skill links.

Right now, the best place for "training" would be a lower then your level dungeon boss. Say you are level 25, go have fun and solo a level 22 boss. It isn't something you can one shot, but still require some effort and gives you time to test out your combo.

As for combos and links, that totally depends on each person's play style. What works well for someone else may not be your play style for the same class. Unlike some other MMOs, that is what makes this game interesting, that no two end game chars are exactly alike.

Please place some of those wooden training dummies that can be easily accessed. Please make sure they're available for all status types, like knock up/knock down, hold, etc. This way we can practice combos

Maybe a closed off arena training mode?

3 dummies, all with infinite hp.

One does nothing, one tries to counter you, one acts like a boss.

Edited by Succubus Lilith

Jem   

Dummy pls. So I can do this:

Edited by Xandra

Tanimo   

actually wouldnt it be nice to have a practice dungeon where you/your party can fight all dungeon bosses where u simple fight an immortal boss that do 0dmg and have inf hp? would be pretty nice for those who struggles to learn the pattern of some bosses

(some many not/cannot solo a dungeon and get destroyed fairly easy and there is a limit to how many times u really can rins and repeat before ur forced to leave said boss "also known as" repair and or money struggles.)

Edited by Tanimo