Sign in to follow this  
Nicku

The bidding system

Nicku   

Hello.

I was just wondering if I am the only one a little annoyed by this way the looting works in dungeons? Basically having to pay for the loot you supposed 'earned' with your group, the richest people are the ones that are gonna run away with everything and looting taking even longer than it should have to.. 

I haven't checked if you can change it in the party, but it's the standard setting so I feel like my annoyance counts.

It's not anything game breaking and it's not my biggest pet peeve so far (which have been addressed in other posts), but I can't really see what it's good for either...

Edit: forgot to ad: Sorry if this has been posted about before, I couldn't find any, and can't find search either lmao

Edited by Nicku

Radeyz   

I actually think this bidding system is great.

Even if you can't afford the item, the money the bidder bids gets distributed to the whole party.

At the very least, it's much better than the crappy RNG rolling most MMORPGs have. With this system, you can at least make sure the item becomes yours, as long as you have the money.

Edited by Radeyz

Fenrui   

They don't run away with everything... if they did, they'd be so low on money at all times that it'd work against them. And the party leader can change it, or at least I saw the options there. I don't think you can remove bidding but I think you can change how other loot is distributed. And I agree with the guy above me, bidding is wonderful. You can even bait someone to bid higher just to get more money. And if the party members leave the room and go to the next one, more money for you! It's a win... or a win situation. If you spend too much money already and don't have enough to bid, just do a bunch of purple dungeons (idk maybe 10 or so) which shoudl only take you an hour, and come out with about 10 silver to spend on black narrows. Heck, I even won 10 silver by other people bidding... in one dungeon.

Wipeout   

i kinda like it, sure it will suck to begin with but over time ull accumulate money making you more rich ( if the money is distributed between party members ), then when you are rich you can get the items you want, sure it may take longer but it this way even casual players may not have to farm forever to get the items they need to progress.

You need to understand that you didn't earn jack shit. You earn it when you solo it and then it's all yours. Otherwise it belongs to everyone.

Ravale   

I love it.. it's better than need/greed cause you know people always roll on items then don't need just to vendor or whatnot but with this why would you bother wasting money on items you don't need (specially since they sell for so little to vendors) + As stated above.. it's not like you get nothing you're getting money. If you still can't stand the idea  of not getting your loot play with friends that way you can figure out who gets what (if you're good enough you can solo or 2man some of these 6man dungeons people livestream and have youtube videos of it) 

Tristan   

I do like this system its almost a love/hate relationship for me.  Ravale your thoughts are good but not entirely right considering you can always use the items whether you can equip them or not by having them to use to upgrade your own items.  But i would not go all crazy overbidding someone that can truely use the item to me its theirs for the taking and I hope others will see it that way as well.  But if a item drops no one can use its up for grabs and good luck on the bidding.  I just see this getting abused and I truely hope I am wrong when i think that.

Aziraya   

At first I hated the bidding system, but then I began to see the merits of it and began to enjoy it.

Pros:

- If one person is ahead on the wealth curve, that wealth becomes divvied among the less wealthy players.

- If someone wants to spend more resources to run a dungeon fewer times to get all the drops they want, I feel like that's a reasonable request.

- Eliminates a lot of the luck of loot drops and getting what you need. No more "I ran this thing 15 times and what I needed finally dropped, and then this person that is in here once just scooped it from me with a lucky roll of the dice". If you really wanted it more than they did, you would have forked over the money for it.

Cons:

- People can jack up the price for things they don't need but someone else does just to scrounge more money from them.

- Loot distribution can sometimes take forever.

I will say, however, that a traditional need/greed system would be nice as well with some key features taken from FF14: A Realm Reborn. Namely, if a person can't equip it (mainly for weapons because they're class-specific) or they already have the item either on them or in storage (prevents hoarding of Hongmoon breakthrough items and Soul Shield pieces), then they can't hit "need".

Fenrui   

To respond to your cons, namely your first one. If you are party leader and if you're worried about loot and with people who trust you, you can set it to master loot.

Also, on the bottom left of the bid page is a small box. Click it, and it comes up with a list of items you can bid for. You can choose from there what you want to bid on and what you don't want to bid on. If everyone did that it would speed up the bidding process. You can also choose the grade of items that are auctioned off. Default is superior but I think heroic is the highest so you can change that too.

The bidding system needs to go !

- It take way too much time

- Rich always win

- It will increase the amount of RMT and bot ingame

Tristan   

I will say, however, that a traditional need/greed system would be nice as well with some key features taken from FF14: A Realm Reborn. Namely, if a person can't equip it (mainly for weapons because they're class-specific) or they already have the item either on them or in storage (prevents hoarding of Hongmoon breakthrough items and Soul Shield pieces), then they can't hit "need".

that there is what i would love to see happen in any MMO and i know it can be done because world of warcraft has done it with the event dungeon if you already have the ring trinket whatever it is whether it is equipped or not you can only roll greed on said item thus allowing someone else inthe group that can also use said item get it.  However I have noticed with the shields you have heroic grade and blue quality for the narrows so that could be a bit harder to look out for.

Fenrui   

The bidding system needs to go !

- It take way too much time

- Rich always win

- It will increase the amount of RMT and bot ingame

RMT? bots? you are kidding, right? Bidding won't affect bots... you have to be present to get the loot and if the person just afk'd at the entrance then the party would kick them. As to RMT... what do you think auction houses are on other games? It is perfectly legal (though not safe and not recommended) to buy a costume and sell it to another player, that is a type of RMT. As to selling gold? That's something in ALL games NO MATTER WHAT. Bidding has worked fine for years in other regions, though we aren't other regions it will work fine here.

Rich don't win.... if they keep bidding higher and higher they lose that money, and guess where that money goes? In your pocket. The more they spend, the more you get. tada. And no one in their right mind will continue to roll the same item over and over and over again unless it is an item needed for crafing. No one will keep buying a weapon lockbox 1000 times or whatever... So what, you have to do a dungeon a couple times instead of just once. that's part of the game. The game was designed in Korea... and in Korea they grind... and when I say grind, I mean they grind... a LOT of grinding. We have it easy here compared to them...

Taking too much time? read one of my posts above on how I state to decrease the time... I won't repeat, too tired.

Makifaro   

Im  a pro to the bidding system cause:

-The monery a rich person spends fill your own pocket

-with this mones you can bid out the items you want

-the inflatation rate is lowering cause the money keeps flowing

-a good bot prevention system

-its fun to get the price high even if you dont want the item (some players are bidding like TAKE ALL MY MONEY)

Bidding is greed regardless. The system is good. If you really needed an item, you would come back to that dungeon and solo it. If you needed a party, maybe you are a bit richer for the item. You can always ask. 

If you are running the dungeon for what you need ( the reason I called it greed), you get the key parts in the end.. Guaranteed, with a chance of other things. 

Example: I ran through the first dungeon for my purple weapon. Lost every bid. after we beat the boss. I still lost the bids. The green box on the quest rewards though, gave me the necklace and weapon I needed. 

in the end, I made money from losing the bids, and still got the necessities. 

fokeiro   

the bid system on this game is perfect, i been playing this game on the chinese servers a couple of years ago or even longer and i wouldnt trade the bid system for anything, some people are just a******* and they just need for no reason, well hope you really want it and have more money than me.

Zofi   

I love the bid system.  If you want an item, fork over the gold for it.  If you don't, then you get to watch the amounts rise and you get a cut of the final price.  If you are low on money, just run some dungeons and earn money off of the loot other people bid on.

Glitch   

I have no problem with the bidding tbh. If I'm not in a party with friends, I usually just pass on everything and keep moving on. No point in fighting over it. And if I absolutely need something, I'll bid. 

Yosha   

I prefer this bidding system a ton. Even if I didn't win anything I still get some funds in the end. 

Rolling RNG can work against you where someone in your party that dies a lot ends up winning the best loot always seems to happen to me in a different game. 

And obviously if you can't stand bidding against other players, you got friends to do that for you. Playing with friends to agree that you need something generally solves everything when it comes to looting in dungeons. 

Anzriel   

I prefer this bidding system a ton. Even if I didn't win anything I still get some funds in the end. 

Rolling RNG can work against you where someone in your party that dies a lot ends up winning the best loot always seems to happen to me in a different game. 

And obviously if you can't stand bidding against other players, you got friends to do that for you. Playing with friends to agree that you need something generally solves everything when it comes to looting in dungeons. 

This. While you can cheese this system too I see far more upsides personally than downsides, this way everyone gets something. Either money or a drop.

Humor   

I'm not totally opposed to this "Bidding" loot system, it's a change of pace in comparison to the other Mmorpg's out there. I can see the up's and downs to this system though.

I personally didn't know about the person who wins the bid sharing the money amongst everyone else in the party. That's a nice little perk, and explains why I kept on making money everytime I left a dungeon. However, I feel that the bidding system, while it's an interesting idea, should be changed a little. The bidding war goes on for a damned long time, and you can sit there hitting the "bid" button for 10+ mins back and forth with someone else, until people finally realize they should jack the price up more than just one copper piece. It's really long, and annoying. I'd rather just trust the whole RNG system with Need/Greed than sit through the annoyance of fighting with someone back and forth, until finally I just say screw it, it's not worth my time, and give up.

Again, I'm not totally opposed to the idea, but I feel that at the very least, and option needs to be added to the party leader command. An option that lets the party leader, select the traditional Need/Greed system, or the bidding system. Once this option is selected, a vote will then begin between the party members to make sure it's not just one person who actually wants this in play. The vote will require above 50% of the votes in order to pass. If it passes, the loot system is then changed to whatever the party leader has selected. It might be a tedious option to implement, but at least it gives parties a choice between Need/Greed, and the bidding system.

Of course this is just my opinion. Blade and Soul has been out for a while now, and I doubt NCsoft is going to implement any major changes. Just a thought nonetheless though. The bidding system in a way kind of encourages "Static" parties, more so than a Need/Greed system. (not that I mind static parties, it's just sometimes tedious)

Edited by Humor

Doran   

The system is great and always encouraged me to run dungeons in groups, unlike other games were I try to solo everything.

Soul   

I actually think this bidding system is great.

Even if you can't afford the item, the money the bidder bids gets distributed to the whole party.

At the very least, it's much better than the crappy RNG rolling most MMORPGs have. With this system, you can at least make sure the item becomes yours, as long as you have the money.

I like the concept of the bidding system, but their is one big fault with it, and that is it caters towards toxic/troll players.

I'll give my personal experience as an example, I was farming the dungeon Blackram Narrows for the Blight Gauntlets to upgrade my Gauntlets, and in my group we had a toxic bidder (someone that bids and raises the price to troll other players) long story short the weapon for my specialization dropped and ofc this guy that's been troll bidding the last few bosses rolls on my Gauntlets raises the silver to a point where I can no longer bid, wins the roll. I ofc asked him could I please have it since he was an Assasin and I needed it to upgrade my weapon, he says "No, better luck next time scrub" then leaves the instance.

Edited by Soul

I like the concept of the bidding system, but their is one big fault with it, and that is it caters towards toxic/troll players.

I'll give my personal experience as an example, I was farming the dungeon Blackram Narrows for the Blight Gauntlets to upgrade my Gauntlets, and in my group we had a toxic bidder (someone that bids and raises the price to troll other players) long story short the weapon for my specialization dropped and ofc this guy that's been troll bidding the last few bosses rolls on my Gauntlets raises the silver to a point where I can no longer bid, wins the roll. I ofc asked him could I please have it since he was an Assasin and I needed it to upgrade my weapon, he says "No, better luck next time scrub" then leaves the instance.

Your story is the main point I kept emphasizing in the older thread (I linked here from the first alpha) about a major flaw with it. This is a f2p game, which is more trolls and griefers (I refuse to use the bronze tier player LoL term) that will do anything for their advantage whether for currency, for tangibility, or "for the lawlz". I made my suggestion to this issue already and how their should be some class locks and bids get auto passed if the person is on that current stage or before it. If they already unlocked it, then FFA.

Fenrui   

Again, when you think about it... you're farming the dungeon. Just run it another time. You have two chances each time you run it to get your weapon. Once on the last boss drop, and once in the box if you have a key (brillinant key gives 100% chance to get your class weapon though, and regular gives [i hope] 1/7 chance to get your weapon). Not to mention even if he does make off with your weapon, congrats you are richer now. This 'flaw' has gained you more money that you can use to outbid others. The game was made for a society that grinds, we ported it over. NA peeps don't like to grind, again we ported it over. This game isn't made for NA. This game was made for KR and adapted to other regions, so naturally the base game and core mechanics still exist, including the need to grind. We don't have to grind nearly as much as them for things.

As to toxic bidders... you could just kick them... or just take their money, either way there is a solution to it.

Sign in to follow this