Sign in to follow this  
Aziraya

Suggestion regarding weapon upgrading

Aziraya   

Please make all items needed for breakthrough (at least for Hongmoon gear) be tradable in their sealed state. By making these required items non-tradable, you're forcing people to either use many keys (which will quickly become scarce if people are having to use on average 4 or 5 keys for every breakthrough) to get the correct item from a box or fork over money to get a class-specific key. This leans the game away from "pay for convenience" and instead puts it more in the realm of "pay to advance" which is something that has been repeatedly told to us is a major paradigm that is being avoided regarding the NA/EU localization.

Lionsden   

Paying in-game for the weapon or just trading for it seems reasonable to me. Also, you get at least 1 Hongmoon Brilliant key from quests in each area. Which can be used to guarantee your class weapon from a weapon chest.

Edited by Lionsden

Aziraya   

Paying in-game for the weapon or just trading for it seems reasonable to me. Also, you get at least 1 Hongmoon Brilliant key from quests in each area. Which can be used to guarantee your class weapon from a weapon chest.

Umm... did you read my post before responding? You can't trade for some of them because they're tagged as non-tradeable even in their sealed state. That is unless you unseal and reseal which flags it for trade, but from what I've been told that is a very annoying process to go through. As for getting a Hongmoon Brilliant key in each area, I haven't found one so far. However, I haven't quite fully completed the area I'm currently in so I'll fact-check you on that after I finish all the quests.

Anvh   

I think the system is fine, yes you can get unlucky with your drops and I've experience that myself a lot as well but looking back at it I didn't experience it as something negative because i did a lot of dungeon runs and met a lot of new players.

Teiji   

You can buy regular Keys from NPC (at least in JP). I haven't gotten too far in NA to see if you can buy it here yet, but you should be. Also regular Keys are craftable. It's one way of gold sink (buying from NPC) or not making Key-crafting obsolete. Not to mention, it makes class-specific key more valuable.

Edited by Teiji

Neoyoshi   

Once this game goes Live, you will barely notice the breakthru weapon-fodder hurdles that one might experience during testing, as not a lot of people are using the Marketplace at the moment (for obvious reasons).

Aziraya   

Hmm... Alrighty then, I think you guys have convinced me. If keys really are that abundant (didn't know you could craft them) then I think my worries are kind of unwarranted. However, the price for keys from NPCs are... pretty dang high to say the least. That's definitely not an option to be banking on for a luck-based item grab from a box.

Sign in to follow this